Aerial Ace (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Created by raptorians who fought many battles in the sky with other flying foes and monsters below, the aerial ace discipline teaches the art of battling in 3 dimensions, using one's wings in combat, and employing the supernatural forces of wind at your side. While the supernatural aspects are not common for warblades, this discipline is wide and varied enough to cater to any martial class, from crusaders, to swordsages, to warblades, and more. Typically, one must be taught the ways of the aerial ace discipline. You can choose to substitute one of your class disciplines for the aerial ace discipline, or you can learn it from other means (such as through a feat or through roleplaying interactions). However you obtain it, the aerial ace discipline is only suitable for beings that can fly, either temporarily through the application of magic or permenantly through supernatural and extraordinary flight.
Originally a product of a raptorian only known as "The Sky King", it spread to other winged races such as certain dragonborn, angels, and fiends. There they took the already advantageous position of flight and turned it into something fantastic. The weapons associated with the Aerial Ace are all types of bow, all types of crossbow, daggers, falchions, javalins, kukris, lances, scimitars, and all types of spears. Several maneuvers can be used with ranged attacks, while some are melee only. The skill associated with Aerial Axe is Tumble (Dex).
Game Mechanics of the Aerial Ace
Available To: Any
Discipline Weapons: All types of bow, all types of crossbow, daggers, falchions, javalins, kukris, lances, scimitars, and all types of spears. - The traditional weapons of raptorian aerial ace warriors, they resemble the talons of birds with sharpened claws, ranged attacks, and the obvious applications of dive-bombing opponents with polearm weapons.
Saves: 10 + level of the maneuver + Dex
Legacy Weapon: Raptor Edge
Maneuver Granting Item: Ace Feathered Crest
Discipline Feat: Variable Wing
Tactical Feat: Red Wings of Glory
Special: You must have a fly speed to use maneuvers from this discipline.
Maneuvers of the Aerial Ace Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Armored Wing Stance: Stance — Use your wings to block attacks, gaining a shield bonus.
- Evasive Maneuvers: Counter — Make a tumble check as your AC against ranged attacks.
- High Ground Low Blow: Strike — Attack from above to deal +1 attack and 1d6+ 1 point per initiator level in extra damage.
- Obscuring Feathers: Boost — Generate a cloud of obscuring feathers.
- Skydancer's Finesse: Stance — Maneuverability goes up by one step, and you may hover.
- Barrel Roll: Counter — Gain Deflect Arrows against a ranged attack.
- Claws of the Roc: Strike — Gain Snatch to grapple and lift your opponent away!
- Dogfighting: Strike — Make a tumble check, if successful you move, render them denied of their Dex, and deal +2d6 damage.
- Rush the Target: Rush — Extend the range of your thrown weapons and gain a bonus to attack and damage.
- Cloak of Dust: Stance [Air] — Whenever you fly near the ground you throw up clouds of dust to conceal yourself.
- Decoy Chaff: Counter [Shadow] — Throw off a doppleganger shell to give yourself a one-time 50% miss chance for 1 round.
- Rolling Thunder Strike: Strike — Dive down on your opponent for massive damage.
- Tailwind: Rush — Gain +30 ft to your fly speed and provoke no AoOs for movement for 1 round.
- Aerial Evasion: Counter — Gain evasion, with a bonus on your Reflex save based on your maneuverability.
- Galeforce Wind: Strike [Air] — A blast of wind out from you pushes away enemies, gases, and projectiles.
- Lightning Blade: Boost [Electricity] — Gain additional electric damage to your attacks for 1 round.
- Red Cyclone: Strike — Fly in a straight line up to twice your move speed, attacking every opponent once on the way.
- Clip the Wings: Strike — Make an attack and cripple the wings of the enemy, preventing flight.
- Hide In The Sun: Boost — Hide in the sunlight, concealing you from attacks.
- Whirlwind Barrel Roll: Counter — Deflect anything ranged that comes your way.
- Wings of Thunder: Stance — Gain +30 fly speed, and become able to travel as supersonic speeds for overland flights.
- Backlash Wind: Counter — If you're attacked, counterattack with a bull rush with your wings.
- Crashing Thunder Strike: Strike — Dive down on your opponent for massive damage and produce a shockwave.
- Sudden Updraft: Boost [Air] — Project yourself upward 10 feet per initiator level into the air, and knock prone those that were near you.
- Improved Aerial Evasion: Counter — Gain improved evasion, with a bonus on your Reflex save based on your maneuverability. If you succeed on the throw, you can move to the edge of the area effect.
- Mantle of Jurikan: Stance [Air] — Surround yourself in a shell of wind, protecting you from ranged attacks and allowing you to throw blasts of wind.
- Razor Wind: Strike [Air] — Project a cone or line of sharpened air to attack from afar.
- Supersonic Dash: Rush [Sonic] — Dash rapidly ahead, leaving a cone of sonic damage in your wake.
- Red Tornado: Strike — Fly in a straight line up to three your move speed, attacking every opponent once on the way with lots of extra damage.
- Rocs Fall, Everyone Dies: Counter, Strike [Sonic] — If you are dropped in mid-air, you can get your revenge by crashing with great force. Sometimes you even do it willingly.
- Sever The Wings: Strike — Completely rip the wings off your opponent, dealing grievous damage!
- Exploding Thunder Strike: Strike — Dive down on your opponent for massive damage and generate an explosive shockwave to throw them away.
- Infinite Barrel Roll: Counter — Deflect any amount of anything ranged that comes your way, and then throw them back!
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||Created by raptorians who fought many batt … Created by raptorians who fought many battles in the sky with other flying foes and monsters below, the aerial ace discipline teaches the art of battling in 3 dimensions, using one's wings in combat, and employing the supernatural forces of wind at your side. supernatural forces of wind at your side. +|
|Title||Aerial Ace +|
|Weapon||All types of bow +, all types of crossbow +, daggers +, falchions +, javalins +, kukris +, lances +, scimitars + and and all types of spears. +|