Dragonborn Variants (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Like the Dragonborn in 4e, but made for the best edition ever and way more variable.
The actual personality of a Dragonborn is as variable as a human's. However, this personality is normally similar to the dragon parent, not the individual's interests.
Dragonborn races are categorized in traits as follows:
- Flameborn: 6'-7' in height, 275-350 lbs. A flameborn has red scales, ivory horns, and golden eyes.
- Iceborn: 5'0"-5'6" in height, 100-140 lbs. An iceborn has silver scales, white horns, and cold blue eyes.
- Nightborn: 7'0"-7'6" in height, 360-400 lbs. A nightborn has black scales, grayed horns, and crimson eyes.
- Stoneborn: 7'-8' in height, 450-500 lbs. A stoneborn has gray scales, browned horns, and black eyes.
- Thunderborn: 4'-5' in height, 125-200 lbs. A thunderborn has blue scales, yellowed horns, and purple eyes.
- Waterborn: 5'-6' in height, 130-200 lbs. A waterborn has bronze scales, black-tipped ivory horns, and green eyes.
Each race of dragonborn gets along well with its parent dragon.
Same as the parent dragon, mostly. Some take other alignments, though.
Wherever their dragon parents live.
Dragonborn races worship the draconic gods, although some have grown familiar with Pelor.
Draconic is the major language of the Dragonborn races.
A surname in the Dragonborn races is invariably the name of the race. A first name is either a dragon name or a human name. Male Dragon Names: Alibor, Brenlin, Hisashi, Sashiseth. Female Dragon Names: Fesashithen, Kelthibra, Malinair, Yriel. Sample Names: Alibor Flameborn (male), Yriel Nightborn (female).
Dragonborn Racial Traits
- +2 Strength -2 Dexterity -2 Wisdom: Dragonborn are strong, but not very observant or coordinated.
- Humanoid (Dragonborn): As a mixture of human and dragon, dragonborn have thieir own subtype.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Dragonborn has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Dragonborn base land speed is 30 feet (Flameborn, Iceborn, and Waterborn), 20 feet (Thunderborn), or 40 feet (Nightborn and Stoneborn): Fly 30 Average (Thunderborn), Swim 30 (Waterborn), or Climb 30 (Stoneborn)
- Darkvision: A 90 can see in the dark up to 90 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a Dragonborn Variants can function just fine with no light at all. and Low-Light Vision: A dragonborn variants can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Breath Weapon: Cone of Fire 20 ft 2d6+Con mod (Flameborn), Cone of Cold 20 ft 2d6+Con mod (Iceborn), Line of Lightning 30 ft 2d6+Con mod (Thunderborn), Line of Acid 50 ft 1d6+Con mod. DC 10+Con mod, usable 3/day.
- Mighty Blow (Stoneborn): Critical ranges are raised by 1 and the damage of all dice multiplied therein are raised one die size.
- Shadow of Night (Nightborn): Darkness 3/day.
- Amphibious (Waterborn): Survives on land and in water.
- Stout of Heart (All But Waterborn): +2 to Will and Fortitude saves.
- Vulnerabilities: Vulnerable to Cold (Flameborn), Fire (Iceborn, Nightborn, or Waterborn), Acid (Stoneborn), or Sonic (Thunderborn).
- Resistances: Fire 5 (Flameborn), Cold 5 (Iceborn or Nightborn), Acid 5 (Waterborn), Sonic 5 (Stoneborn), or Electricity (Thunderborn).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic.
- Bonus Languages: Any elemental or divine language (i.e. Auran or Celestial).
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Since the Dragonborn are so varied, a random traits table could not be presented. just match the traits with those of your race.
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Sorcerer +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, -2 Dexterity + and -2 Wisdom +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Like the Dragonborn in 4e, but made for the best edition ever and way more variable. +|
|Title||Dragonborn Variants +|