Anurian (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The anurian are a race of magic frog people. It said they emerged when a frog saved the life of a Princess a long time ago, in thanks her father the Mage-King used his magic to uplift the frogs of the swamp and made them into brave knights.
Anurians are extremely brave by nature, they are bold and believe themselves of overcoming any obstacles. They are usually very very resentful of their own failure and tend to be self sacrificial. Despite their rather brash attitude they tend to be extremely well-mannered and gentle when not fighting evil and protecting the innocents.
Being frog made into people, anurians typically stand 3'9 and weight less than 50 lbs, thank to their hollow bones. They look like what you would expect from a mix of frog and people.
Being very well-mannered and polite, the anurians make very few enemies. However they are often loathed by the evil race for being an annoying thorn in their side.
Anurians are overwhelmingly lawful good, very few are neutral good or chaotic good and even fewer are non-good. There legend about evil anurians but whether one existed or not is really up for debate.
Anurians prefer to live in swamp kingdoms, or anywhere near swamps really. They hate dry places and do not settle there, at least not in large number.
While most anurians worship good and lawful deities, some anurian turned to the worship of the enigmatic Mage-King who created their race and his fair daughter.
Young anurians learn both common and aquan, they do not have any native language to call their own.
- -2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence or +2 Charisma: Anurian are weak but strong bodied and are mentally versatile.
- Humanoid (Anthro): Anurian are frog people.
- Small: As a Small creature, an anurian gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Anurian base land speed is 20 feet. Anurian possess a swim speed of 20 ft.
- Low-Light Vision: An anurian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Anurian receive a +2 bonus on diplomacy, knowledge (arcana) and spellcraft checks as well as +8 bonus on jump and swim checks.
- Amphibious (Ex): Anurian can breath both in water and in air.
- Brave Heart (Ex): Anurian gains a +4 bonus on saves against fear effect. If they possess the aura of courage class feature it range and bonus double.
- Courageous Recovery (Su): Once per day, as an anurian of 5th level or higher can replicate the effect of heart of a champion. If it receive a Royal Kiss it may refresh a previously expended use of the ability, this ability function once per day per royalty.
- Enchanted Touch (Su): Anurian use their highest mental ability score instead of strength or dexterity for the purpose of determining her attack roll with touch and ranged touch attacks. This bonus also apply if she deliver a touch spell through her weapon.
- Royal Kiss (Su): Once per day, if an anurian is kissed on the cheek by royalty, it immediately benefits from good hope. A anurian who is itself royalty cannot benefits from it own kiss.
- Vulnerability to Polymorph (Ex): Anurian take a -1 penalty on all saving throw against transmutation-effect. Additional anurians take an additional -4 penalty on all saving throw against the baleful polymorph spell if it attempt to turn it into a regular frog or toad.
- Weak Bones (Ex): Anurian take 25% more damage from bludgeoning source and all critical threat with weapons that bludgeoning damage made against you are automatically confirmed.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Duskblade or Paladin
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2’ 8”||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2’ 6”||+2d4||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|