Drakenbred, Lofali (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Lofali are bred from the Dragons of the far north, their chill blood is full of arcane power.
Due to their typically northerner attitude, they're commonly cold and a little emotionless. They do act a little arrogant and try to be better than everybody else.
A Lofal is a humanoid that looks like it has had draconic atributes added to it. Drakenbred typically have ridges of scales along their eyebrows, nose, the back of their jaws, shoulders, elbows, backs of hands, knees and tops of feet, on Lofali these scales are white-blue to silver in color. A Lofal also has two short, white horns that protrude from their temples. A Lofal's ears are short, but pointed. Lofali usually have white, silver, gray, light-blue or blue-black hair, gray, blue, green or amber eyes, and pale, bluish skin. Most Lofali stand about 5'11" to 6'3" tall, and are lithe and muscular in appearance.
Lofali typically are cold and indifferent, and it shows up in their relationships with other races. Other Drakenbred regard them as cousins, and dragons will sometimes take a paternal bent towards Drakenbred. Arctic Elves and Lofali typically are always in good standing with each other, but Orcs are always annoying the Lofali.
Lofali can be of any alignment, their personalities are as varied as a human, although they do lean a little toward neutrality.
The Lofali are from the north, being aclimated to cold weather and easily overcoming its challenges.
The Lofali are typically agnostic, as they consider themselves one of the highest powers in the world. When they do worship a deity, they typically worship the human deity of knowledge, Toldir, or his draconic counterpart, Sliskardyr'vankam.
Since Drakenbred are descended from dragons, they speak Draconic, albeit with a bit of an accent, and they learn the common trade language of their world.
When a Lofal is born he is given an Egg name and a Clan name. When he comes of age(About 18 to 22 years of age), then he is given an Adult name. Common Clan names: Krannik, Juskan, Ollars, Manathi, Gann'rick, Lumensk, Rtalvos Common Male Egg names: Jin, Lavn, Nhal, Ijas, Asi, Ravl Common Female Egg names: Pri, Issi, Asi, Vina, Zeni Common Male Adult names: Kronak, Lamenck, Ishvalt, Oxvans, Granacks, Yvorn Common Female Adult names: Ylissa, Jannisa, Valtosi, Patasi
- +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Lofali are lithe and quick of mind, but they're typically cold in demeanor.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Drakenbred): Lofali are Drakenbred, born of Dragons, they are affected by effects that affect dragons specifically.
- Lofali base land speed is 30 feet.
- Breath Weapon (Ex): A Lofal can breathe a Close Range (25 feet +5 ft./2 levels) cone at their foes. This does 1d6+1/2 its class level cold damage and can be used 1/4 class level (rounded up) times per day.
- Cold Adaption (Ex): The Lofali have been bred and adapted to the chill of the northlands, they do not have to make saves in normally cold weather (But they still have to make saves in storms, blizzards, etc.), and gain a +4 racial bonus to any saves made against uncomonly cold weather.
- Automatic Languages: Draconic, Tradewinds(Or common if you use common in your world).
- Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Wizard, Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|18 years||+1d2 years||+1d6 years||+2d4 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||85 years||120 years||+3d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 9"||+1d8"||85 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+1d8"||80 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Wizard + and Barbarian +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Intelligence + and -2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Lofali are bred from the Dragons of the far north, their chill blood is full of arcane power. +|
|Title||Drakenbred, Lofali +|
|Type||Monstrous Humanoid +|