Eijilund Plushie (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Gleefully insane living constructs made of cloth and stuffed with danger.
Plushies either have a loose grip on sanity and express it perfectly or are lucid and rational and are unable to express it. Madness is the way they speak and the way they do things, even if somehow, by some impossible means, they seem to be purposefully getting to their goals. Perhaps it's dumb luck.
Plushies get along with Slaad, as only they know the correct answer to how much green weighs and the subtle flavor of a star's purple eyebrow. 61!
Plushies tend to look alike, especially if they are mass produced. They are animated stuffed dolls of various appearances, ranging 1'-2' tall on average and almost always smiling. Their bodies are partially mutable to allow for facial expressions and other actions which hard, unyielding plastic eyes and sewn mouths may not allow.
Most lack true hands, but their stubs, acting as hands, still manage to grapple onto things. This is an extraordinary force.
Plushies have a very unique system of reproduction. One form allows the construction of a plushie in a manner similar to a golem. The other is a unique and disturbing ritual which takes an hour and involves turning a recently dead body into a plushie. Plushies created in this manner resemble the form of the creature they were born from, or their parent plushie performing the ritual, whichever is desired. Plushies learn and adapt quickly and are ready to adventure after only a year.
Plushies love everyone, though the feeling is not always mutual. Actually, it's difficult to tell sometimes whether a plushie is being friendly out of good will or to spite someone, though in general they simply become disinterested in those they do not get along with. They get along best with races which are chaotic, and with those from Limbo.
Usually chaotic, but lawful plushies exist. They're simply lawful and insane.
Plushies originate from Eijilund, a distant plane where they are actually the dominant race and actual plushie mass production is accomplished. In the rest of the planar universe they can be found on Limbo and, occasionally, on the material plane causing trouble or going on adventures to fulfill their insatiable ADD. Because a plushie can be made anywhere, several of their race are not extraplanar but indeed native to the prime material.
Eijilund Plushies worship their creator God-King, Lord Eiji, who is indeed a plushie himself. The aforementioned king rules over Eijilund, and some give him worship from afar. Of course, while all recognize Lord Eiji as their creator, not all worship him.
Common and Plushese. Plushese is actually Common, but the words seem nonsensical. Instead, meaning is conveyed though vague metaphors and body signals, so "I need scissors, 61!" is a perfect way to ask how to pass the salt.
Eijilund plushies adopt the names of their doll's model, generally, and are given serial numbers. The default plushie, modeled after Lord Eiji, is the Eiji Plushie who is named Eiji. While plushies seem to know the difference between all the various Eijis in the world, others tend to get confused. Since calling a plushie "Hey #45651" is cumbersome, they adopt nicknames when addressing other races.
- -4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Plushie bodies are not strong or durable, though very flexible. They do not pay much attention to the world, but their charm is peerless. While their stats are inferior, they can take Plushie feats and have the Plushie class variants.
- Construct (Living Construct, Fire, Plushie): While they can be created, plushies have their own souls and free will. Fire is a part of their being. As such, Plushies are immune to fire damage, but take double damage from cold. They are also effected by spells and abilities that affect Fire creatures, such as certain turning abilities.
- Small: As a small-sized creature, a plushie gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character. However, see below...
- Plushie base land speed is 20 feet.
- Light Fortification (Ex): Lacking actual organs is a boon. A plushie has a 25% chance to negate a critical hit.
- Go Boom (Su): The plushie self-immolates itself, dealing no damage to its body but 1d6 + 1 additional point per HD of fire damage to everyone in a 5 ft. radius. Feats can improve this ability. It allows a Reflex save for half, DC (10 + 1/2 HD + Cha). They may do this once every 1d4 rounds.
- Bouncy (Ex): A plushie takes half damage from falls.
- Living Construct Traits (Ex): Unlike other constructs, plushies have a constitution score. As living constructs, they do not gain bonus hit points by size, but rather through constitution as other living creatures. They do not have low-light vision, and are not immune to mind-influencing effects. They have an immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, sickening, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain. They cannot heal damage naturally, and take half benefit from positive energy cure spells. However, they take full benefit from the repair series of spells. They are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fortitude save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death and necromancy effects. When reduced to 0 hit points, a living construct is disabled, just like a living creature, and when its hit points are less than 0 but greater than -10, it is inert. It is unconscious and helpless, but stable. They may be raised and resurrected as normal, and have no need to eat, sleep, or breathe, though they may benefit from consumables. Though they do not need to sleep, they must still rest for 8 hours before preparing spells, as normal.
- Magical Lifeforce: Dispel magic and antimagic fields have a negative effect on plushies. When hit with any dispel magic, make a Will saving throw vs becoming fatigued (or exhausted if they were already fatigued). An antimagic field incurs a save vs. exhaustion every round until they leave the area, and mage's disjunction becomes a save vs sleep. These effects bypass their usual immunities due to race. Plushies know the power magic cancellation has on them and fear it.
- Slight Build (Ex): The physical stature of plushies lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a plushie is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the plushie is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A plushie is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A plushie can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of a plushie remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Soggy When Wet: Whenever a plushie is immersed in water or otherwise soaked through, their speed is cut in half as long as they are in that environment and 1d4 hours afterward as they dry off. If there is some effect which dries them faster, they may reduce this time.
- Spell-Like Ability: (1 + Cha modifier)/day—prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + plushie’s Cha modifier + spell level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Plushese.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Ignan, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Bard or Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||100 years||200 years||+N/A years4|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Either||1' 0"||+3d6||5 lb.||×(1d3) lbs.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Bard + and Sorcerer +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-4 Strength +, +2 Dexterity +, -2 Constitution +, -2 Wisdom + and +2 Charisma +|
|Rated By||DanielDraco +, OmegaXicor +, The-Marksman + and Foxwarrior +|
|Rating||Rated 3.5 / 4 +|
|Subtype||Fire + and Plushie +|
|Summary||Gleefully insane living constructs made of cloth and stuffed with danger. +|
|Title||Eijilund Plushie +|