Eldritch Horror (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
An unspeakable creature from the far realms.
Eldritch horrors tend to possess emotional states not known to humanoids. These emotional states are often also not known to other eldritch horrors.
Eldritch horrors are a strange amalgam of slug feet, legs, tentacles, arms, antennae, eyestalks, eyes, pincers, slimy skin, carapaces, scales, exposed organs, empty eye sockets burning with rage, exposed bones, and hair. Any given body part is likely to be replaced naturally after four to seven days.
Eldritch horrors are very much the loner sort; they have no particular social attachment to other eldritch horrors, since they are simply spawned by the shifting nature of the far realms. This does not mean that individual eldritch horrors can't become fast friends with members of other races: many eldritch horrors have personality traits that resemble empathy and loyalty.
Any individual eldritch horror usually has a tendency towards some alignment.
Eldritch horrors come from the far realms, but they actually find the material plane quite pleasant.
Some eldritch horrors experience emotions vaguely resembling joy when they suck up to more powerful entities.
Eldritch horrors are formed with knowledge of a language. It's not consistent which one, though.
Eldritch horrors tend to name theirselves after their favorite activities or goals.
Example Names: He Who Conquers All, Speaker of Forgotten Mysteries, Servant of Joe, Weaver of Baskets, Seller of Fine Potions, The Deepwater Sadist, Poisoner of Halflings.
- Aberration: Eldritch horrors are aberrations.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Eldritch Horror has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Eldritch horror base land speed is 30 feet: They also have a 20 foot swim speed, and a corresponding +6 bonus to Swim checks.
- Darkvision: A 60 can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a Eldritch Horror can function just fine with no light at all.
- Aura of Horror (Su): The creepy nature of an eldritch horror's appearance is such that it strikes fear into its enemies by doing nothing. When the eldritch horror chooses to Delay Action, all creatures within 30' must make a Will save (DC 10 + half hit dice + Charisma modifier) or get a -2 morale penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks for 1d6 rounds. The eldritch horror cannot use this effect more than once per round.
- Whispers of Madness (Sp): As a full-round action, the eldritch horror can whisper into the ears of an adjacent helpless creature. Unless that creature succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + character level + Charisma modifier), it is permanently confused. This confusion can be cured by death.
- Unstable Physiology (Ex): The eldritch horror replaces lost or damaged body parts 3d20 hours after they are damaged with new body parts that serve the same function. In addition, the inconsistent placement of the eldritch horror's internal organs gives it 50% fortification, as correctly locating its important organs is always a haphazard business.
- Automatic Languages: Any one language.
- Bonus Languages: Any, except for secret languages.
- Favored Class: Any. At character creation, the eldritch horror chooses one class to be a favored class.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|0 years||+1d12 days||+1d100 months||+1d1000000 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|1d10000000 years||+1d10000000 years||+1d10000000 years||+1d10000000 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+1d20"||110 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+1d20"||110 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|