Exotic Weapon (5e Variant Rule)
From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Exotic Weapons are unusual weapons that are not commonly known. Often they are only used by a specific species, in specific region, by specific classes, or is unique in design.
The only ways to be proficient with an exotic weapon are:
- The exotic weapon is specified in your race description.
- The exotic weapon is specified in your class description.
- The exotic weapon is specified in your background.
- Use of the Weapon Master feat.
- Use of Downtime to Train in the weapon. To do so you must find a teacher that is proficient in the exotic weapon. (see the: Player's Handbook (5e) p.187 "Training").
List of Exotic Weapons