Genasi, Book of Elements (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Genasi are the descendents of mortals and genies of various kinds. Mortals with minor infusions of elemental essense before birth, or descended from those with stronger infusions, also appear as Genasi. Their physical traits are influenced by the elements they are descended from.
Depending on their elemental influences, Genasi are likely to become every kind of adventurer.
Genasi racial traits depend on their elemental origin. All genasi share the following racial traits:
- Medium. Genasi fall into the human height and weight ranges, although Earth Genasi tend to be squat and Air Genasi willowy.
- Genasi base land speed is 30'. Some get other movement from their elemental power.
- Outsider Type (Native and Human subtypes)
- Racial ability adjustments depend on elemental subtype. Most genasi gain +2 Strength, but Shadow genasi gain +2 Constitution.
- Darkvision 60'
- +1 to the DC to save against, and the caster level of, any spells or spell-like abilities cast by the Genasi with a descriptor matching the Genasi's elemental subtype (see below).
- Favored Class: Genie and by element
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Formian, Ignan, Infernal, Slaad, Terran, Umbral
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Genasi also have other traits depending on their associated element:
- (Air) Subtype. Air Genasi are at home in the air.
- +1 to the DC to save against and the caster level of an Air Genasi's spells with the [Air] descriptor
- Favored Class: Thief-Acrobat
- Supernatural Fly speed of 10' with Good maneuverability
- (Earth) Subtype. Earth Genasi are creatures of earth and rock.
- +1 to the DC to save against and the caster level of an Earth Genasi's spells with the [Earth] descriptor
- Favored Class: Knight
- Supernatural Burrow speed of 10'
- (Fire) Subtype. Fire Genasi take no damage from fire, but take half again as much damage from cold.
- +1 to the DC to save against and the caster level of a Fire Genasi's spells with the [Fire] descriptor
- Favored Class: Elementalist
- Produce Flame as a spell-like ability three times per day, cast at the Genasi's character level. The Genasi's caster level bonus applies.
- (Water) Subtype. Water Genasi can breathe water as easily as air.
- +1 to the DC to save against and the caster level of a Water Genasi's spells with the [Water] descriptor
- Favored Class: Monk
- Swim speed of 30' and ability to breathe water as easily as air.
- +1 to the DC to save against a Material Genasi's spells with any of the [Air], [Earth], [Fire], or [Water] descriptors, and +1 to the Material Genasi's caster level for any such spells of the Conjuration (Summoning) subschool.
- Favored Class: Druid
- Spell Focus (Illusion) as a bonus feat
- Favored Class: Beguiler
- Invisibility as a spell-like ability once per day, cast at the Genasi's character level.
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Genie +, Thief-Acrobat +, Knight +, Elementalist +, Monk +, Druid + and Beguiler +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||Variable +|
|Summary||Genasi are the descendents of mortals and genies of various kinds. +|
|Title||Genasi, Book of Elements +|