Half-Goblin (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The crossbreed of goblins and humans or other medium sized humanoid races. Taller than goblins, but short for most medium folk, they generally take on forms not unlike green hued elves with larger than normal eyes and ears. Humans are assumed, but a dwarf-goblin or an elf-goblin would replace the human subtype with the appropriate humanoid subtype.
They range from four and a half to five and a half feet tall, and generally possess gangly builds.
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity: Weak but nimble, not unlike their goblin heritage.
- Humanoid (Goblin, Human): Born of humanity and goblins with traits of both. Replace the human subtype for elf, orc, or otherwise for other species.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a half-goblin has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Half-Goblin base land speed is 35 feet. Half-goblins are unusually quick on their feet, just enough to outpace others.
- Darkvision: A half-goblin can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a half-goblin can function just fine with no light at all.
- Craven (Ex): Half-goblins often need to get out of trouble in a pinch. When taking the Withdraw action you do not provoke for any length along your movement as long as you end your turn not threatened by other creatures. You can also partial withdraw (a single move action) as a standard action.
- Finesse Trick (Ex): A half-goblin can use Dexterity in place of Strength on opposed ability checks. If they could already do so, they can choose to take 10 even when stressed.
- Skills: Half-Goblins have a +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently, and Sleight of Hand. All of these are class skills.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages)
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Dwarf Heritage: Reduce their movement speed to 25 ft, but gain a dwarf's ability to move in medium and heavy armor and loads. Alters movement abilities.
Elf Heritage: Their eyes and ears are more perceptive. Replace their skill bonuses for Listen, Spot, and Survival. Add low-light vision. Replaces Skills.
Orc Heritage: They are less prone to fear and more to recklessness. When at or under 50% of their maximum hp, they gain +1 morale bonus to attack and +2 to damage as long as they remain wounded. Replaces Craven.