Human, Verflucht (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Verflucht Humans were once regular humans; however, a terrible curse has afflicted them. The curse caused them to lose some of their humanity, becoming less lively and achieving as a result of crumbling hopes and despair. Their curse, however, seems to sustain them to a degree as well as granting them some powerful abilities, however it is slowly but surely get a grip of their existence an will soon start to warp them into horrible creatures if not stopped. Verflucht Humans live a sad existence, completely indistinguishable from normal humans save for a mark on their skin, they are often driven to exile when discovered.
- +2 to any attribute: Verflucht Humans are extremely flexible in their abilities and skillsets.
- Humanoid (Human): Verflucht Humans are very definitely cursed, but are still human none the less.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a verflucht human has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Verflucht Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- Accursed Mark (Ex): Verflucht humans each possess a cursed mark somewhere on their body; at first, it resembles a black sore. The mark is painless and can easily be hidden; however, it is always detectable under the effect of detect evil or detect magic, even under her clothes and armor and obstacle no thicker than 3 inches.
- The mark start with no curse token, it is inert. However some action increase the amount of curse token on the verflucht human's cursed mark (see Curse Token below). At 1 to 5 curse token the mark cause a numb pain (no penalties), at 6 to 10 tokens you are constantly fatigued, at 11 to 15 tokens you are beseeched by nightmares every night, at 16-20 you are constantly staggered and at 21 or more you become consumed by the curse and turn into a monster (see cursed ability, usually this mean turning into a NPC).
- Their accursed mark allow them to count as evil creature whenever doing so would be advantageous. This allows them to cast [evil] spells without penalties and take vile feats (except gaining curse tokens). Lastly the verflucht human gain the black disciple feat as a bonus feat, despite being a vile feat it does not give curse tokens.
- Bad Luck (Ex): A verflucht human suffer from constant bad luck, they take a -1 luck penalty on all skill checks and may never take 10.
- Curse Abilities: Verflucht human possess special abilities based on the amount of curse token they have on their accursed mark, the DCs of their ability is based on their highest mental ability score. The curse abilities are listed under curse token below.
- Cursed Existence (Ex): A verflucht human do not age, they do not accrue aging bonuses or penalties and have no maximum age. Their appearance is based on their age before becoming cursed, however it is not reflected in their ability scores. They do not need to eat, drink or even breath but still feel the need to and will take any non-fatal penalties for not doing so. Additionally verflucht human are immune to the effects of lesser curse, effects such as bestow curse and similar curse spells and effects have no hold upon them.
- Ill Fated (Ex): Whenever a verflucht human roll a saving throw against a spell or spell-like ability with the [evil] descriptor or of the necromancy school as well as effects imitating one of the two she must roll two saving throws. She may choose the either of the roll. However if she choose the highest of the two add one curse taken on her cursed mark.
- Malefic Magic (Ex): A verflucht human gain a +1 bonus to caster level when casting necromancy spells and spell with the [evil] descriptor. Whenever you cast a [evil] spell that deals damage, that spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Gaining Cursed Token: Alongside using ill-fated and mutter curse anytime a verflucht human can gain a curse token by performing the following actions:
- Casting an [evil] spell or effects that replicate an [evil] spell give her a single curse token.
- Each hour she stay in a unhallowed area she gain a single curse token.
- Whenever a verflucht human gain a vile feat she gain 2 curse tokens, one of which cannot be removed in any ways.
- Whenever she naturally age one year she gain 1 curse token.
- Performing vile actions may cause you to gain a single curse token (DM's option).
Losing Curse Token:
- Resting in a hallowed area for at least 8 hours remove one curse token.
- A single casting of break enchantment or remove curse remove a single curse token. Soon however the curse become resistant to spells. Each time a spell is used to remove a curse point there a cumulative 5% chance it will fail (to a maximum of 100% in which she become completely immune).
- A single casting of wish remove five curse tokens.
- Performing a completely selfless may cause you to lose 1 curse token (DM's option).
Cursed Effects and Abilities: These abilities are acquired as you gain more curse tokens, if you lose curse tokens you also lose the abilities if you go below the minimum amount of curse token necessary. If the verflucht human do not meet the minimum character level requirement for the curse ability of his corruption level he does not gain it ability but still suffer it penalty.
|1||—||You become almost immune to vile damage, taking it a non-lethal damage.|
|6||3||You gain blindsight out of 300 feet, however you can only detect cursed creature (creatures under a bestow curse or similar effect, other verflucht human, etc).||You are constantly fatigued.|
|11||6||You constantly radiant an aura of doom and desecrate. This is a supernatural ability.||You are beseeched by nightmares every night.|
|16||9||You can use bestow curse as a spell-like ability at will at close range. Each time it is successfully used however you gain 1 curse token.||You are constantly staggered.|
|21||9||Gain the half-fiend template.||You are driven insane and become an NPC. Lose all other curse penalties.|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Any Attribute +|
|Rated By||Ganteka Future +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Verflucht Humans were once regular humans; however, a terrible curse has afflicted them. +|
|Title||Human, Verflucht +|