Lesser Kuo-Toa (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A lower power more playable version of the kuo-toa race.
- +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Attuned to hear the voices of the gods, but utterly unlikable at first, and second, glance.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic): Fish people of the sea, yet just as capable upon the shores they once lived on.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a lesser kuo-toa has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Lesser Kuo-toa base land speed is 20 feet. Swim 40 ft
- Darkvision: A lesser kuo-toa can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a lesser kuo-toa can function just fine with no light at all.
- Amphibious (Ex): Although kuo-toas breathe by means of gills, they can survive indefinitely on land.
- Kuo-Toa Resistance (Ex): Kuo-toa have a +4 racial bonus on saves against paralysis and poison.
- Light Blindness (Ex): Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or daylight spell) blinds kuo-toas for 1 round. In addition, they suffer a -1 circumstance penalty, to all attack rolls, saves, and checks while operating in bright light.
- Natural Armor (Ex): Kuo-toa have +1 natural armor.
- Resistances (Ex): Kuo-toa have Electricity Resistance 5.
- Slippery (Ex): All kuo-toas secrete an oily film that makes them difficult to grapple or snare. Webs, magic or otherwise, don't affect kuo-toas, and they have a +6 bonus to escape grapples and on Escape Artist checks.
- Weapon Proficiency: Kuo-toa are proficient in all simple spear weapons, the trident, and treat the pincer staffUnderdark and mancatcherPHB as martial weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Kuo-toa
- Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Celestial, Dwarven, Elven, Infernal, and Undercommon
- Favored Class: Fighter, Monk, Cleric
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Deep Sea: Pale ghostly versions of their surface kin, they suffer even more from the sun but are unhampered by darkness. Gain extraordinary See in Darkness (as a devil) and are immune to the crushing pressures of the depths as well as having endure elements (cold) at all times. However Light Blindness penalties and duration are doubled, and they gain the sunburnt flaw with no bonus feat.
Maddened: These kuo-toa are already hopelessly insane. They take a -4 penalty against confusion effects and suffer from two minor psychosis effects. In return they are immune to all charm and compulsion effects (except confusion effects), and gain Slippery Mind as a rogue. If they gain Slippery Mind again it provides a second, third, or more rerolls on the same effect in subsequent rounds.
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +, Monk + and Cleric +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Wisdom + and -2 Charisma +|
|Summary||A lower power more playable version of the kuo-toa race. +|
|Title||Lesser Kuo-Toa +|
|Type||Monstrous Humanoid +|