Mahaari (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Mahaari are a humanoid race from planet Il-Dyn, a highly sociable race they developed a society of influence and hegemony where cutthroat business, diplomatic intrigue and betrayal.
Mahaari come from a society where influence is everything, the solitary live in slums and must scrap what little they have in order to survive. On the upper echelon stand the most capable socialite in the society, able to maneuver into their position through words, actions and deceptions. Overall their society shaped the individual Mahaari into rather social creatures, shunning direct aggression in favor of subtlety. Of course exception exist, many Mahaari adventurer are the least sociable member of the specie, fleeing their slums in order to take their chances.
Mahaari are bipedal humanoid, much like humans. They are completely hairless, no hairs, eyebrow or body hairs. Male stand at around 6'1, being slightly larger than females who stand at 6'0 on average. They have large pearl-like black eyes and fine facial features. Their skin tone vary between is light gray-blue to red depending on where the individual was born and his or her age.
Mahaari are all about relations, be it love or hate, between two siblings or between races. Mahaari tend to be very polite and considerate in first contact, observe their target and establish his or her strength, weakness and motivations before engaging further. It is not done by malice or ill will, it is rather instinctual reaction. At their besy Mahaari is a loyal friend, able to stay oin one's good garce for a long time. At their worst a Mahaari is a double-faced liar and betrayer, ready to do anything to advance itself or it goals.
Mahaari tend toward being lawful, their society while rather anarchic and driven by influence has high expectations about the contribution of it members. While they gravitate toward lawful alignment a few mahaari are chaotic, relishing on the freedom and social climate their society offer or shunning it and eventually drive themselves out. Mahaari are as much good as they are neutral or evil.
Mahaari live on Il-Dyn, a planet covered in large cities. Il-Dyn is known for being a shadowy planet, almost always covered in dusk-like light during the day and pitch black nights. Mahaari prefer to live in large plains ion more fantastical settings.
Mahaari practice a lot of religions, mostly gravitating toward nontheistic spiritualistic philosophy.
Most mahaari speak Il-Dynnian, a fluent languages with long words. Il-Dynnian is especially complex as it often used with pheromone diffusion, it alphabet has 256 letters who are mostly representedd by small rune-like symbol no larger than 2 inches.
Mahaari tend to choose meaningful names over more mundane names, sometime in different language than theirs. The fancier the better.
Male: Corrala, Ars Vithman, Leshract
Female: Dyanthalys, Obelieis, Mishtae
- -2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma: Mahaari are rather frail but possess a great force of personality.
- Humanoid (Xenoblooded): Mahaari are humanoid alien, like good old science fiction show/movie.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Mihaari has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Mihaari base land speed is 30 feet:
- Low-Light Vision: A mahaari can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Mihaari gets a +2 racial bonus on bluff, diplomacy and sense motive checks. Additionally those skills are always class skill for the Mihaari.
- Minor Shapeshifting (Su): Mihaari are capable of duplicating the effect of disguise self at will as a swift action, except it duration is instantaneous.
- Modded (Ex): Mihaari society greatly encourage body modification, be it grafts and body mods to piercing and tattoos. All mihaari young and old start with one of the body mod below. The mod received with this ability count as a graft.
- Diplomatic Cable: A small graft built in the ear of the Mihaari and wired to her brain, transferring vital feedback about different culture and diplomatic information. The Mihaari do not suffer any penalties to her bluff, diplomacy and sense motive when dealing with other alien cultures. Additionally once per day she may reroll one bluff, diplomacy and sense motive, altough she must keep the second result even if it worse.
- Grafted Tools: Choose 3 skills. Your mod count as a masterwork tool for each of these skills.
- Messaging Tool: The Mihaari can use message at will.
- Lifesign HUD: The mihaari is under constant deathwatch.
- Pheromones (Ex): Mihaari are able to secrete different pheromones for different situations. A Mihaari may suppress, activate, or switch between pheromone as a free action, but only once per round.
- Offensive: The Mihaari secrete an extremely foul smelling pheromone, other creatures within 30 ft. must make a DC X fort save or be sickened for 3 round.
- Scentless: The Mihaari secrete a pheromone that actually destroy her body odor. The Mihaari does no have a scent and thus cannot be detected or tracked by scent. Additionally the pheromone is powerful enough to destroy nearby odor, making the Mihaari immune to effect that require scent, such as stinking cloud.
- Menace: All hostile humanoid creatures within 30 ft. of you must make a fortitude save DC 10 +1/2 HD + the Mahaari's charisma modifier or be shaken for 1 round, creatures who succeed on that save are immune for 24 hours. This is a fear effect.
- Seduction: The Mihaari secrete a sweet scenting pheromone used primarily for seduction and diplomacy. You may reroll one diplomacy or bluff check made against a nonhostile creatures of the opposed gender within 30 feet.
- Society of Influence: In the Mihaari society, if you don't have influence you are nothing. Even at first level, the Mihaari has a network of contacts that may come into play, however with no true mechanical effect. At 6th level the Mihaari gain leadership (contact variant) as a bonus feat. Finally at 12th the Mihaari is capable of changing her contact granted by leadership in 72 hours (3 days).
- Automatic Languages: Il-Dynnian, Common.
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages).
- Favored Class: Beguiler and Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||78 years||101 years||+4d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d10||105 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 2"||+95||+2d10 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|