Perfectus Homunculus (3.5e Race)
Rate this article
Discuss this article
The Perfectus homunculus is a construct of magic and alchemy forged to give live to unliving materials and sentience to a bounch of ridiculous and imprivisible things.
Perfectus Homunculus are born through artificial means and are often created fully formed as an adult or in child forms. They have no childhood, and are born with enough fragmented memories of their creator to give them a basic personality and knowledge base (such as language) but can continue to learn and improve her knowledge. This lack of a past also results in them not relating to others, seeming alien, distant, or emotionless what are really true, in most causes.
This disconnection from the world may be interpreted as being aloof, amoral, or even evil depending on circumstances. Some Perfectus Homunculus try their best to mimic humanity and either pretend in excess or not enough, while others simply do not bother with such things. They are practical and pragmatic to a fault.
An Perfectus Homunculus appears identical to a human but their bodies are stronger and less frail. Even if modeled after a particular person the homunculi always seems more pretty and handsome. Some say this is evidence of the perfection on them, since their creation is a "upgrade" in the humans forms. Internally they have liquid gold and mytrhil organs like of the humanoids, and their heart is a pulsing red crystal; a philosopher's stone.
Perfectus Homunculus have gender and genitals, but they cannot make children except through the alchemical processes which bore them.
The exact method used to create an Perfectus Homunculus is a mystery, but the formula seems to call for gold and mythril, the blood of countless humanoids, souls, and a philosopher's stone as the heart, utilizing the Athar Homunculus formula as base. Without the needed components only a athar homunculus is produced.
Perfectus Homunculus are extremely sharp and tenacious, normaly don't creating relations with anyone else.
Perfectus Homunculus are often true neutral and, unless happen an extremy absurd event, he continue neutral for her entirely existence.
Perfectus homunculus do not have lands of their own, for they are the unique produces of science but don't care about that.
Perfectus Homunculus do not believe in gods or anything like that, most believe only in her power and conquers.
Perfectus Homunculus speak all the languages possible and, in case of not understand one type of language, can learn after hear someone speaking for a few minutes.
Perfectus Homunculus normally have post names who make clear her most perfect characteristic, like: Builder, Stronger, Smarter, etc.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Though strong and hardened of body, the homunculus has a cunning mind and powerful spirit.
- Construct (Perfect Construct): Made of artificial materials and pseudo-flesh which beats with its own heart, Perfectus homunculus are a strange mimicry of normal organic life, but without the weakeness and imperfections.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a perfectus homunculus has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Perfectus Homunculus base land speed is 40 feet. 60 fly
Some Perfectus Homunculus are crafted with wings or magic fly stones into her body, making her capable of fly(good with wings, perfect with magic stones) and have pretty nice land speed.
- Craft Homunculus (Ex): The Perfectus Homunculus gains the ability to craft any homunculus as if they had the Craft Construct feat. They have the skill Craft(homunuculus) how a class bonus skill.
- Stabilized Mind (Ex): The uncommun upbringing of the Perfectus Homunculus causes a -4 penalty on Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Sense Motive checks. On the other hand their alien mindset gives them a immunity to all mind-effects abilitys, like normals Constructs.
- Pseudo-Living (Ex): The Perfectus Homunculus takes no damage (or healing) from all positive and negative energy effects. They take full benefit from repairSpC effects. They are immune to any effects which would affect the soul, including abilities which would remove or trap the soul.
- Perfect Construct Traits (Ex): Unlike other constructs, a perfect construct has a Constitution score. A perfect construct does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures. Unlike other constructs, a perfect construct does not have low-light vision but have dark vision. Like other constructs, a perfect construct is immune to mind-influencing effects. They have immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain. A perfect construct cannot heal damage naturally. Like other constructs, perfect constructs are not subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects. Unlike other constructs, a perfect construct can use the run action. Perfect constructs can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a living construct can't be healed by cure wounds spells, only for a repair light damage spell, for example, and a perfect construct is vulnerable to a harm spell. A perfect construct responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A perfect construct with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a perfect construct is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert perfect construct does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable. They may be raised as normal, but can't be ressucted if complete destroyed. They do not need to eat or breathe, but they DO need to trance (much like elves) for 4 hours in order to perform basic maintenance on their bodies. They must still rest 4 hours to prepare spells, and can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.
- Philosopher's Heart (Ex): The heart of the homunculus is a philosopher's stone which grants the perfetcus homunculus a small bit of insurance even in death. When a perfectus homunculus is killed but their body (and specifically their heart) is intact they can be raised from the dead by anyone who can heal their damage above -10 and make a DC 30 Heal check. This restores the homunculus to life, through they suffer a -2 penalty to Constitution for 1 week after they are revived. Any fast repairing or regeneration you possess is suppressed if you would normally be dead. A heart which has been removed and placed back in an intact body can be restored to life again in this way. Sadly, many covet the minor artifacts and seek to slay homunculus for their previous hearts. If their heart is consumed as a minor artifact nothing short of wish, miracle, or true resurrection can return the homunculus.
- Self Repair Body (Su): The body of Perfectus Homunculus are made from the most valuable materials and enhanced with a lot of magic. Anytime, when her desire, she can attempt a Craft (Homunculus) check, like a free action, on time per round, and repair herself the same amount of HP from the check result.
- Automatic Languages: Any
- Bonus Languages: None
- Favored Class: Any, Perfectus Homunculus can be of any class without dificulties.
- Level Adjustment: +3
- Effective Character Level: +4
|× (2d4) lb.
|× (2d4) lb.
|Effective Character Level
|Any + and Perfectus Homunculus can be of any class without dificulties. +
|Racial Ability Adjustments
|+2 Strength +, +2 Dexterity +, +2 Constitution +, +2 Intelligence +, +2 Wisdom + and +2 Charisma +
|Perfect Construct +