Phantasyarm (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Originally the Phantasyarms are all noble and loyal beings. They spent their lives as king, queen, duke, duchess, prince, princess, regent, or served a noble cause as a paladin, priest, monk, archmage, or judge. Their high social rank made them personalities as much loved as hated by the population. Their intentions were noble, just, and selfless. But where law and order exist, chaos also exists. And as noble as they are all these beings have one day thought of an unhappy future, either for themselves or for a loved one. They then spent their fortune and reason in order to ensure the survival of their spirit when the day of death came. By concluding a pact with the gods, the angels, or powerful outsiders of the law, they have protected themselves from a tragic destiny by preserving their spirit and their memory in a symbolic object and which through time would become a relic of a past and distant death. This pact would one day assure them of coming back to existence in the form of a spirit eternally linked to its relic like a genie at its lamp.
Before being Phantasyarms, these beings were perfectly alive and they were humanoids (humans, dwarfs, elves, orcs, anthropomorphs, ect...). They often belonged to an extremely high social class, and received a tragic, sudden, and unnatural death. Very often they died in circumstances of rivalry or war. Returning to existence, they become Phantasyarms and take on the features of a medium-sized humanoid. In reality, they keep a size similar to that which they had while alive and weigh only one third of the weight they had while alive. They retain all the physical details, as well as their original appearance. However, certain points on their body are identical to each phantasyarm. They have metallic coloured eyes and hair (copper, bronze, silver, gold, or platinum). the skin seems devoid of natural imperfections.
Phantasyarms have a good relationship with most other intelligent races. Of a very passive nature, even pacifist, they have the art to open the dialogue and to debate on complex subjects without coming to the armed conflict. They are appreciated for their talent for mediation. On the other hand, the non-intelligent races are not of great importance to them and the Phantasyarms simply ignore them.
A Phantasyarm in the great majority has a loyal alignment, being spiritually linked to the divinity who saved it. Although he often leans towards good, he can adopt a bad alignment if his return to existence is motivated by a bad divinity and by a thirst for vengeance. But this is rare, the evil deities preferring to capture the soul of the deceased or contravene their will rather than give him freedom of action. If neutrality exists, it is less represented, especially among the deities of nature, preferring reincarnation. Chaos is not represented.
Phantasyarms do not have a particular attachment to a region and can be present in any region of the world.
Phantasyarms have an eternal debt to the divinity which enabled them to revive in this form. They are often good and loyal deities, with a code of conduct or a code of honor. These deities are associated with chivalry, nobility, generosity, protection, and charity. Arcane domains may be present as well as some links with nature. The religions which tend towards evil or chaos are rare.
Common, Thorass (ancient commom), and languages of their initial race.
Female names : Aethra, Anehta, Espeda, Halcya, Lancea, Scirpis, Shellis, Sigea, Retaley.
Male names : Axey, Bulc, Chakram, Cladius, Dleish, Drows, Duram, Evink, Krawlub, Lance, Libram, Palgis.
- -4 Strength, +2 Constitution, One of: +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: The body of the Phantasyarm is very robust, but its semi-corporeal nature does not allow it to fully use its force. Conversely, mental abilities are more advantageous to him.
- Construct (Living Construct, Semi-Corporeal)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a phantasyarm has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Phantasyarm base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A phantasyarm can see in the dark up to 120 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a phantasyarm can function just fine with no light at all.
- Low-Light Vision: A phantasyarm can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Linked Weapon (Ex): At your creation, choose a weapon (including a shield). You are magically and divinely linked with the chosen weapon and you are considered as proficient with the chosen weapon. When not being held or sheathed, the weapon hovers within 30 feet of you and you can recall it into your hand or move it to any space within 30 feet of you as a movement action. You can link you to a new weapon you are proficient with a complete day ritual that cost 1000 gp and 1000 XP. During this ritual, the new weapon must remain within 5 feet of your actual linked weapon. If you are killed, your body disappears (but not your memory), and your linked weapon is considered as a dead creature for spells that would return you to life.
- Physical Projection (Ex): You project your semi-corporeal body from your linked weapon and as such you cannot move more than 30 feet away from your linked weapon. If you or your weapon is moved more than 30 feet away from each other your body disappears inside of your weapon. While you are forced to get back inside of your weapon, you can't act for 2 rounds, but you have hearing and blindsight with a 30 foot radius. While you are inside the weapon, you can project your body outside the weapon as a free action and, while you are outside, you can enter in your linked weapon as a movement action. But you cannot make twice in the same round.
- Spiritual Construct (Ex): You are both a construct and a living spirit. Due to this duality, you gain Living Construct traits and Semi-Corporeal traits, but with some exceptions. You are subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, paralysis, stunning, vision-affecting effects, and mind-affecting effects, but you gain a bonus equal to half your HD to all saving throws against these effects. You retain immunity to poison, sleep effects, disease, nausea, death effects, and necromancy effect of the Construct traits. Due to the semi-physical nature of your body, you do not gain the Swarm trait of the semi-corporeal subtype, nor the hover speed. When your HP reach -1 or below, you must success a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + half the damage taken), or you are forced to get back in your linked weapon. While you are in you weapon, you by this way, you are stable and immune to heal effects and you cannot be affected by the effect of Heal skill. In counterpart, you can be repaired by a spell or by a craft skill check and 8 hours work. Then you gain a number of HP equal to twice the result of craft skill check (the craft skill must be appropriate to the type of weapon you are linked with).
- Spirit Rest (Ex): Ordinarily, you do not need to sleep, but you can spend at least six hours inside your linked weapon. These hours count for a long rest, and you regain HP as normal.
- Spiritual Manifestation (Sp): Your fairy nature grants you spell-like abilities as you gain power. At 1 HD you gain Mage Hand and Open/Close at will. At 3 HD you gain Light 6/Day. At 9 HD, you gain Shield of Faith 3/Day (on you only) if you are linked to a shield, you gain Magic Weapon (only on your linked weapon) if you are linked to a melee weapon, and you gain Guided Shot 3/Day if you are linked to a ranged weapon. At 15 HD you gain Animate Objects 3/Day.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Thorass (Ancient Common)
- Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Effective Character Level: 3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|- years||- years||- years||+ years|
Note : Phantasyarms have no maximum age and do not age. They keep the same age they had before dying as a humanoid.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||40 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||28 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||3 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||2 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-4 Strength +, +2 Constitution + and +2 Intelligence or +2 Wisdom or +2 Charisma +|
|Subtype||Living Construct, Semi-Corporeal +|