Puffball (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Cute little round things with cute little round limbs. Kirby-inspired to a degree, although also takes some inspiration from the Pokémon Jigglypuff and does not have the Inhale (which is considered something class-based).
Usually very happy and upbeat, with rare but noticeable exceptions. They always value their friends and allies. Otherwise, their personalities vary a lot.
Averaging at about half the height of a human, the aptly-named Puffballs are about as cute as they get. Their heads and torsos aren't separate, instead having a single center of body. This center of body is round, most often perfectly, although certain cases are a bit more rough. Their limbs are also quite round, and yet somehow they can wield tools and weapons with only a little less proficiency than races with more... normal hands. Their hands are very small, but their feet can range from a little bigger than the hands to almost half the size of the main body. Some may have various kinds of tails or hair, although this is uncommon in the main species. Their eyes are either round or vertically long - no horizontally long-eyed specimens exist. Their eyes are mostly black, with a white circle near the top and a colored area near the bottom, typically contrasting with the main color. Body colors are all over the place.
Puffballs are rather rare, but they are often well-liked by things that like cute things (which is most of them)
Usually good or neutral.
Puffballs are very resilient and can fit in most environments, but they mostly prefer grassy plains.
Anything that meets their Alignment, although things related to dreams or the stars do catch their eye more.
Puffballs speak Common by default, and not much else. They might end up learning Abyssal (somehow) or Sylvan, though.
Puffballs usually just use human names or a simple title (following the formula of "Cool-Sounding Word ending with -a + Job", such as "Meta Knight")
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity: They're blobs, so a high Constitution is inevitable. They're also very cute, hence the Charisma. Wisdom takes a hit due to their innocence, and Dexterity takes a hit because their arms... uhh...
- Abberation: ... what else do you call them?
- Small: As a Small creature, a puffball gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Puffball base land speed is 20ft feet. Glide 20ft
- Low-Light Vision: A puffball can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Air Jumps (Ex): Puffballs have the Air Jump (3.5e Creature Ability) ability.
- Toughness (Ex): Puffballs always start with one level of the SRD:Toughness feat.
- Flight (Ex): At 5 HD, Puffballs can fly. They have a fly speed of 20 with good maneuverability.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Sylvan
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Disclaimer: Puffballs don't age. This has been a PSA.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 10"||+1d2||1 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 10"||+1d2||1 lb.||× (1) lb.|
(note: if you do not have a d2, a coin will suffice)
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Constitution +, +2 Charisma +, -2 Wisdom + and -2 Dexterity +|
|Summary||Cute little round things with cute little round limbs. Kirby-inspired to a degree, although also takes some inspiration from the Pokémon Jigglypuff and does not have the Inhale (which is considered something class-based). +|