Sorodei (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Sorodei is a specie of Thei, or moonfolk. They are lithe, gracious and... poisoned?
Sorodei are moonfolks or Thei, in most settings they are created by deities affiliated with the moon/s. Sorodei abilities over gravity represent this unique heritage, much like their asudei and baradei cousin. Sorodei are the smallest and lithest of the thei, relying on magical powers and guile over brute strength to defeat their foes.
Sorodei are extreme characters, they are usually shy toward strangers and quickly become aggressive when stressed. Sorodei usually feel powerful bonding with friend and family and have extreme morning behavior should one die. Sorodei are not humans, they do not feel quite like other humanoid and the emotion range is mostly static. Sorodei personality extrapolate on personality, tastes religious philosophies rather than how they feel certain emotion (while exception exist obviously). The average sorodei will have his or her own view of a subject, often to the opposition of his or her peers and are usually bullheaded.
Sorodei are known to be mostly polite, if a little aloof. Those who lack the shyness of their peer are unusually rude and confrontational. There is a great number of personality archetypes among the sorodei. Like relations, traditions, religion and other cultural information, personality really depend on which culture the Sorodei have in the setting.
Sorodei usually stand 4'1 tall, with female being a few inch taller but not heavier. Sorodei are humanoid in shape and form, with larger hips, narrower upper body and slender facial features. Sorodei have a 3 to 5 inch long flexible boneplate on their forehead, making some sorts of pseudohorns. The boneplate is very thin, covered in skin and is totally useless in battle. Otherwise their face is humanoid in features with round ears much like humans but slightly larger. The color range of their iris is very wide, from hazel, green, blue or even violent and gold.
Sorodei have 3 small organs on their forehead/faceblate called Leviatel. The levitatel is an organ sorodei use to balance themselves, especially whne hovering.
The usual sorodei skin color is a pale blue, with white or beige pigmentation marking all over their body. Some sorodei have uncommon skin color such as dull yellow, red or even gray. The sorodei marking can either be well defined and placed (such as having a beige belly) or spread eratically over the sorodei body. Sorodei from some region may have another most common color, by example sorodeis from a jungle world may have light green skin color while other from a always thunderous mountainous region might have gold skin. If the moon of your setting is a particular color, the Sorodei skin color will be of similar hue.
Sorodei are shy with strangers, but very aggressive against hostile creatures. Sorodei community prefer to be nomadic, not staying somewhere too long. Sorodei children are easy to raise by other races, thanks to their fast maturity rate.
In most sorodei culture, the individual are organized in bonds. A bond is 2 to 8 individual sorodei, usually of the same gender, who live together. A bond is a replacement to the human family, most sorodei does not raise their own children, instead all bonds have their children raised by a group of keepers. In the care of the keepers, the sorodei usually form their first bond with other likeminded youth, this bond usually endure for life and greatly affect how an adult sorodei will act and think.
Sorodei society is very egalitarian, but also somewhat oppressive. Sorodei females are more common than males, making the competition between females extremely harsh and cold while male have easy access to power. Sorodei couple only last a few hours, before each individual return to their bond, although some culture have one mate join the other's bond.
Young sorodei rarely know their own parents, although most sorodei societies keep track of lineage extremely closely. A sorodei has no loyalty toward her progenitor, but a very strong tie with her bond. Sorodei legal laws focus mostly on these bonds, all items each sorodei within a bond possess belong to the bond instead of the individual. A bond also has the responsibility to care for it members, this include taking care of health problems, burial
Sorodei without bonds are called solitary, they are usually pities but accepted and may eventually join a bond, some does however prefer a more private existence and the benefits of not belonging to a bond.
Sorodei tend toward any alignment, but a slight majority prefer chaotic and good alignment.
Sorodie may be of any lands, however their race inherently benefits from lands with high elevation and difficult terrain. For these reasons, sorodei will usually live in such areas: jungle, rocky plains, valley, mountains.
As moonfolks, the Sorodei will often worship deities associated with the moon.
Sorodei speak thei, a very fluent language and shared by all moonfolks.
Depend on the culture, but if you want to be clever find out the name of the other planet's moon on the solar system and make an amalgam out of it, that work pretty well for a name.
- -2 Strength, +2 to any attribute, -2 to any attribute: Sorodei are very versatile, but their relatively lithe frame and small size make them weaker than average.
- Humanoid (Thei): Sorodei are humanoid in shape or form, but their metabolism follow the thei superfamilly closely.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Sorodei has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Sorodei base land speed is 30 feet: Sorodei have a hover speed of 30 (perfect).
- Low-Light Vision: A sorodei can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Sorodei always treat balance and perform (dance) as a class skill and gain a +8 racial skill bonus on balance and perform (dance) skill check. It can always choose to take 10 on a balance check, even if distracted or endangered.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with light melee weapon and slings.
- Natural Weapons: Sorodei have a bite attack, which deals 1d4 damage.
- Fast Metabolism (Ex): Sorodei's ability to staunch bleeding and internal damage quickly is represented by them having rapid healing 2 and any lost limbs will regrow after a month or 6 months if it a major limb like a leg or arm. Sorodei are also not affected by aging bonus or penalties until they reach venerable age.
- Hover Mastery (Ex): Unlike other creatures with a hover speed, Sorodei are capable of hovering over liquid surface. A sorodei may hover up to 30 feet in the air as a full-round action but it cannot attack or take offensive action, since it need complete concentration in order to remain aloft and must spend a move action in concentration each round or fall. Additionally a Sorodei is capable of breaking any fall using it hovering ability, it may cast feather fall as a immediate action at will with a caster level equal to it character level.
- Poison Sacs (Ex): Sorodei start the game with the poison sacs (moonbane toxin) as a bonus feat even if she does not meet the prerequisite. Her poison only applies on her bite attacks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Sorodei may treat sorodei fankel as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Thei, Common.
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret).
- Favored Class: Druid and Thief-Acrobat
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Moonbane toxic use better poison implementation.
Moonbane toxin is technically part of the Sorodei's metabolism, the race use it to staunch bleeding and heal internal damage quickly. Excess of moonbane toxin is stored in the sorodei's mouth toxin sacs ready to be released. The sorodei's bite is usually the way the tonxin is delivered, altough some sorodei prefer to extract the poison and use it on her weapon. The toxin cause the blood of the poisoned creature to crystalize, causing incredible cerebral pain and if enough dose are consumed cause total cardiac arrest.
- Duration: 4 rounds (30 seconds)
- Base DC: 13
- Creature DC: 10 +1/2 HD + creature's constitution modifier
- Lethality Threshold: 3
- Delivery: Injury
Initial Effect: The pain of the initial bite force the poisoned creature to make a fortitude save or be staggered until the end of his next turn.
Secondary Effect: The poisoned creature get a bad headache that will last 1d4 hours.
Delayed Effect: The poisoned creature must succeed a fort save or suffer from an intense migraine that last for 2d6 hours.
- Particular Immunity: Sorodeis
- Particular Minor Resistance: natalupes
A single dose of Moonbane Toxin is worth 20 gp.
Now here is a boring non-better poison implementation version.
|4 years||+1d2 year||+1d3 years||+2d3 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|17 years||22 years||29 years||+1d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 4"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d2) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d2) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Druid + and Thief-Acrobat +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Any Attribute + and -2 Any Attribute +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Sorodei is a specie of Thei, or moonfolk. They are lithe, gracious and... poisoned? +|