Talk:Mythic Beast (3.5e Race)/Dire Flame Skunk
From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
- Without knowing what you're delving into here. Trivia Time!
- Some time in late 2013 or 2014 after a session, chatting with players and DM, legendary beasts came up as a topic, and how there must be beasts that are terrifying, but also kinda stupid and not really the thing you defeat and gain fame and fortune for doing so. The "dire flame skunk" was the prime example as provided by our DM at the time.
- The beast's name was also chosen as "dire flame skunk" instead of the rhyme-ier "dire fire skunk" because even the name is awkward.
- "The beast turned its fluffy tail and I raised my shield, but instead of a foul retort, it burned with a most sulfurous and dread fume!" is an elaborate way of putting you "it burned and it wouldn't wash off for weeks, the town wouldn't let me back in".
- A lot of terrifying D&D monsters get mocked for being goofy, often with little justification, because the "cooler" tryhard monsters out there make them feel out of place, when its the goofy things that really help tie the setting together and when you've got a group of people gathered around with snacks, fun is priority, with however you can find it. --Ganteka Future (talk) 18:07, 26 March 2020 (UTC)