Difference between revisions of "User talk:Eiji-kun"
(→Password Reset and Email Issues)
m (→A request: too much cringe, even for me)
|Line 433:||Line 433:|
::Thank you! I also asked to Leziad. --[[User:The bluez in the dungeon|The bluez in the dungeon]] ([[User talk:The bluez in the dungeon|talk]]) 21:44, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
::Thank you! I also asked to Leziad. --[[User:The bluez in the dungeon|The bluez in the dungeon]] ([[User talk:The bluez in the dungeon|talk]]) 21:44, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
==Password Reset and Email Issues==
==Password Reset and Email Issues==
Latest revision as of 22:46, 15 June 2021
- 1 Ratings
- 2 No Context Is Needed
- 3 Question
- 4 Eijilund Campaign?
- 5 Amazing Stuff!
- 6 Demon lords
- 7 You commented on 1 of my weird pages :)
- 8 Edit to one of your articles
- 9 Entropic Wanderer - May I?
- 10 Shamelessly Requesting Review
- 11 A Quick Word of Adoration
- 12 Review Request
- 13 DBZ Help
- 14 Price Calculation Request
- 15 Was this your doing?
- 16 Combat Sadomasochist
- 17 Sempai Noticed Me! (Oh Lord in Heaven Above Please Help)
- 18 Bio-Class Collaboration
- 19 EIJI! I NEED AN ADULT!
- 20 discord
- 21 Unintended Plagiarism
- 22 I require some assistance.
- 23 I've encountered...naysayers.
- 24 Pinata full of Maggots
- 25 Another invitation
- 26 Effect clarification advice needed
- 27 Estebonia
- 28 Formatting Help
- 29 Requesting Review
- 30 Xeno
- 31 Help to confirm email
- 32 Password Reset and Email Issues
|Radthemad4 favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|Eiji's written a shitton of amazing things|
|Franken Kesey favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|You just made three amazing spells. You have a well established record of making things out of the box. It is now time to rate you. (I know this will be edited out.) But for a moment you will be the first user to be rated. Keep up the good work. You keep pushing what is possible. Thus I challenge it even further.|
- It does not; semantic annotations are disabled on user talk pages so they don't get processed or recorded anywhere. And since it interacts with nothing other than my amusement (and other people's I suppose), there's no reason to scrub it like Kesey suggests. Congratulations Eiji, but this will be with you until the end of days! Or at least until a toast gets it... - Tarkisflux Talk 22:49, 2 March 2017 (MST)
|TheDarkWad favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|One of the best content producers we have.|
|The-Marksman favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|Eiji's has been an invaluable source of information, ideas and inspiration for me. I originally started talking to Eiji about my Dragonball Z conversion for 3.5e and working with him on that is what inspired me to keep writing articles. Getting his input on my work has been so helpful on numerous occasions.|
|Surgo favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|Eiji is a quality user.|
|Enigma favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|Eiji's articles always seem to be my favorite. Great flavor and great mechanics|
|SecondDeath777 favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|I don't even play D&D anymore and I still marvel at his beauty.|
No Context Is Needed
I was attempting to create a page for a new skill, but to my dismay, I discovered there was no skill template. Is there a template for adding skills that I have not found; If not, how do I go about this? Thanks in advance. Zhenra-Khal (talk) 06:27, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Not Eiji-kun, but I will try to answer the question... First, which version are you trying to add a skill to (3.5, 4th, 5th)? If 5th ed., you're correct there is no pre-made template to add a homebrew skill. I will attempt to add one in the near future. When complete, it will be off of the 5e Character Options page (access-able from the 5e Homebrew page). --Rlyehable (talk) 18:00, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Actually, my issue was trying to add a homebrew 3.5e skill. It took me to the Character Options page, and there were templates for skill tricks and Tome skill-based feats, but none for skills themselves. I'm currently working on a large compilation of my homebrew house rules, and was looking for the template so that I could copy it and use it under my Attack skill section, so that the skill could then be referenced across the site by some of my other homebrew. Thanks for the help, though. Zhenra-Khal (talk) 21:05, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
I've thought of making a campaign set in Eijilund, based on your admittedly wonderful, wonderful work. What are your thoughts on this? How should the story go? Which of your articles would you recommend?
- Derp, I apparently missed some changes on my user page. Sorry for the late reply.
- Ha, Eijilund is a weird place. I have no idea what kind of campaigns could go there, as it is a comedy setting. So while I can't answer, perhaps seek out comedy shows for inspiration. Excel Saga and Gintama come to mind. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 04:37, 24 February 2017 (MST)
- S'alright. I understand if you're busy. I mean, 4,000 pages and climbing sure is a lot.
- But what if I want to try a serious campaign in Eijilund? Is that plausible, let alone recommended?
- Also, do you know what sort of planar traits would it have? Perhaps you could make a page on that plane. This page on planes or maybe that one could help.
Eiji, I'm still learning this site... I expanded on one of your spells and discovered how much material you have created on this site! I thought I had a lot of stuff... it makes me realize how much better my own material could become if I try to emulate your efforts (not copy!). Frankly, I'm blown away! You're not the only one, I see, but you have helped me so far. I don't know how to sign these messages...
- Four of these little squiggly lines ~ will automatically sign your posts - Aeturo (talk) 21:13, 9 February 2017 (MST)
- What's the difference? Monsters are all NPCs, but not all NPCs are monsters. And there's no game term for either technically, there are only creatures and objects while the difference between PCs and NPCs is a metagame difference. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 13:54, 25 February 2017 (MST)
- Ah, you might be asking "what category do I put it under". I usually put it under Monsters, with the appearing as "Unique". Easier to find. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 13:55, 25 February 2017 (MST)
- We can't just repost stats for official work unless it's under the Open Game License which I am certain it isn't. And you might have some trouble if its a lazy alteration like "This isn't Orcus, this is... um, Orkus! And he has +1 additional Str! It's different!" I would be cautious. Something completely unique is always safe, of course.
You commented on 1 of my weird pages :)
You commented on 1 of my created / talk pages? errr i messed up. i just wrote few replies there to you. I dont know what i did but i think i figured out what happened. Let me fix it k? PLEASE DONT DELETE because i have no backups! (I dont know if u help run this site or not) - thanks! I'll try to move my newest pages... --ProphetPX (talk) 17:05, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- I see it, it won't be deleted. I haven't replied yet since I... uh, actually don't get it. It looks like a coding thing. Since it's above my head I'm looking for one who knows this stuff better.
- I don't run the site (though I do have admin powers). Carry on good sir. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 17:22, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- Ah! Looks like you've already moved it as a subpage to your sandbox. That's probably right. Is the other Admin a duplicate then? -- Eiji-kun (talk) 17:24, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- Per request I removed the original Admin page, looks like everything is good. Thumbs up -- Eiji-kun (talk) 18:07, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- yep yep! all good now. Thanks! More like a security error with this website wiki software. I should not be able to add a page to the site root directory! When I create and save a page, something should "sanitize" links that go to wrong places and suggest a correction that will not allow hackers to take advantage of things like that. All because I left out 1 single "/" character in my link tagging code lol That could lead to bad problems for this website :( --ProphetPX (talk) 18:31, 28 February 2017 (MST)
Edit to one of your articles
- I am aware of it, I decided it wasn't important. Thanks for alerting me though! -- Eiji-kun (talk) 15:04, 21 April 2017 (MDT)
Entropic Wanderer - May I?
Heyo! Zhen here. I've recently been having a lot of ideas lately and actually wondered if I might make a prestige class for your Gate Knight class, a Theurge-type to combine it with the Time Walker class Rithaniel has. Something that has new Sacrifices all to its own that deal with time and entropy. Didn't know what your take on it was, and I wanted to ask before I worked on it; I'm going to ask Rith as well.
- Pfft, you don't need permission for that. Go on ahead. Rith isn't present anymore these days, but as his pseudo-representative (no really), same thing applies. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 23:39, 22 April 2017 (MDT)
- Heh, thanks; I was rather unsure who to ask and figured since you were the creator of the Sacrifices in the first place that you'd be at least a place to start. I've asked Tarkis and am awaiting a reply whilst I continue to work on my prestige class. Thanks again :3 Zhenra-Khal (talk) 17:57, 23 April 2017 (MDT)
Shamelessly Requesting Review
'Ello, me again. I am here to request a review of a few of my articles, when you have the time. No rush, take your time, and you don't have to do all of them.
I can't decide which I want reviewed most, so I'll just pile them up in random order and you can leave crumbs on their talk pages as you get to them or something. ;3
The articles are:
- Planar Deportation (3.5e Spell)
- Animus Magica (3.5e Race)
- Incarnum Enchanting (3.5e Feat)
- Scourge Warlock (3.5e Feat)
- Attitude Adjuster (3.5e Equipment)
- Rune Arm (3.5e Equipment) (Based off of DDO's item by the same name)
- Ornaments Of The Serpent (3.5e Equipment)
A Quick Word of Adoration
I doubt you know who I am. I doubt you have good reason to care. But whilst your time is(probably) precious, I will be brief, so know this: You are, as far as D&D Homebrew goes, my idol. Whenever your name is in the author column on an article, I know to expect quality, flavor, and impossible levels of entertainment. You never cease to amaze, amuse, and horrify. You have a knack for creativity and fun that I find in few these days, so if you can help it, never stop what you do. Whether it's related to D&D, your career, or a shitty situation life crams you into, carry that majestic talent with you wherever you go. I wish you joy, success, and more great work to come. Godspeed, fellow traveler. Godspeed. -SecondDeath777 23:39, 28 October 2017
- Indeed. You conquer those heavens, my man. You earned them. -SecondDeath777 23:08, 30 October 2017
Hey Eiji. It's me, Luigifan18. I didn't log in because I don't have much time to post, but I wanted to ask you to look over my Dreadful Wind and Temper Curse pages. They both seem a bit overly verbose, and I think they could probably be simplified, at least in terms of wording. (And I'm not very happy with the latter's name, seeing as it's more of a limited restoration than a curse-breaking spell; I'm thinking of renaming it "Minor Restoration" or something along those lines.) ...Oh, look, I've got to get back to work. See ya! --188.8.131.52 07:12, 21 November 2017 (MST)
Hey Eiji. I used to have you on AOL messenger but now that its gone away I don't know how else to get in touch with you anymore. I need some help with balance and logic on my Saiyan Warrior class. In particular I've been working on the Invocations and I've come into what I feel like is a conundrum or conflict. That being that there are 2 distinctive transportation abilities in DBZ, Flash Step (when characters move so fast they seem to teleport) which I've likened to Dimension Door and then Instant Transmission which I've likened to Greater Teleport. My problem I'm having is with Flash Step I've laid it out to change the ki cost per how fast you need to move (which action). Then on Instant Transmission I have the base use which is balanced for a full round action usage. I was trying to make a cost for using it as a swift action but I got to thinking, "Why would anyone pay more to use Instant Transmission for a short range movement if they have Flash Step?" Is there a reason in game a wizard might use Greater Teleport as opposed to Dimension Door for a short range movement? I don't know how to balance ki cost VS distance moved to make both good choices, or if Instant Transmission even needs a swift action option or not. Any thoughts you have would be really appreciated!! The-Marksman (talk) 18:43, 21 November 2017 (MST)
- Well, Greater Teleport doesn't eat the rest of your actions per round. For a short distance I don't think anyone would pick GT when DD is available. But that's just me. --Zhenra-Khal (talk) 21:12, 21 November 2017 (MST)
- Is Flash Step actually teleportation? If not, there's your reason.
- Flash Step in the series is technically physically moving faster than the eye can see. As where I had it act as Dimension Door which is technically a teleport spell. Dimension Door doesn't usually provoke AoO does it? Maybe I can change the description of Flash Step and relate it to something else? Or is there a better way to separate these? The-Marksman (talk) 14:31, 29 November 2017 (MST)
Price Calculation Request
I have been looking around for rules I can use to calculate the base price for the Involuntary Rodeo Saddle, but I just can't find anything I can wrap my head around. Could you help me out, please? (And maybe rate it while you're at it?) --Luigifan18 (talk) 18:40, 30 November 2017 (MST)
Was this your doing?
An excerpt from your user page,
-"You ask for a hamburger, I give you a hamburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. I give you a hamburger. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. You cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs. A pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. I give you a hamburger. You look at my face, and I am pleading with you. The children are crying now. You raise the hamburger to your lips, tears stream down your face as you take a bite. I give you a hamburger. You are on your knees. You plead with me to go across the street. I hear only children's laughter. I give you a hamburger. You are screaming as you fall down the stairs. I am your child. You cannot see anything. You take a bite of the hamburger. The concrete rushes up to meet you. You awake with a start in your own bed. Your eye twitches involuntarily. I give you a hamburger. As you kill me, I do not make a sound. I give you a hamburger. You asked me for a hamburger, and I gave you a raccoon. You asked me for a hamburger, but it turns out I don't really exist. Where I was originally standing, a picture of a hamburger rests on the ground. You awake as a hamburger. You start screaming only to have special sauce fly from your lips. The world is in sepia. Why are we speaking German? A mime cries softly as he cradles a young cow. Your grandfather stares at you as the cow falls apart into patties. You look down only to see me with pickles for eyes, I am singing the song that gives birth to the universe."
Do you take credit for this? If so, I've been a fan of yours for a long time without knowing it. Small world.
- Actually this is Cuil Theory (google it for more info, I was running into the whitelist and I'm lazy). It's fun stuff, enjoy it for it is trippy. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 01:24, 24 December 2017 (MST)
- This reminds me of an NPC from my DM's current campaign: Obstreperous. He has Knowledge (4th Wall) and has a ring that can bend reality to his whim, but only if the end result is a good prank. He also lives in an upside down tower, has started rebellions against himself for laughs, and has a dead sexy, red haired Godslayer with a skeletal left arm and physics defying, disjointed locks, who is 57 CR higher than him as his right hand woman, whom of which only works for him because he's that fun to be around. Our DM is...creative. (although the Godslayer is an NPC I made for him) -SecondDeath777 04:51, 24 December 2017
Eiji, I've got a pitch for you. We've been lacking a class that really emulates those sick, royally fugged, lovable bastards who eat pain and shit death. Examples include Kreig from Borderlands 2, Raiden from MGR:Revengeance, & Ira Gamagori from Kill La Kill. I've looked all around, and can't seem to find a class that really melds that love of pain with that psychotic side, but I think if we put our demented, unhinged heads together, we can do this thing. Also, if Leziad is reading, feel free to get in on this. You're not as crazy as Eiji, but you do have a keen technical edge and knack for fun mechanics, and we could use that. -SecondDeath777 01:45, 26 December 2017
- I'd be shocked if there wasn't one already, but sure. I can think of something. Gut powers, activate!
Cue the fancy transformation sequence burning 2 minutes of time.
- Well the Psychotic Fighter (3.5e Flaw) seems like a good start. This seems like PrC material since it can apply to several different archetypes. And given the brutal fighter nature, this PrC seems like it should carry partial class advancement as a feature so they can continue being fighters, initiators, rogues, and whatnot with only a few losses.
- Then establish both resiliency (because they will want to tank their AC in favor of absorbing blows), and some manner of pain mechanic based off the damage they take. Most things about Amaranth Eclipse (3.5e Martial Discipline), but specifically Sadomasochism (3.5e Maneuver) can probably be translated into class features. You also have items like Speckled Tearstone Ring (3.5e Equipment) to work from.
- I am envisioning a being which converts a lot of lethal damage into non-lethal, and powers up the more they hurt. It's high risk high reward, with some padding against permanent death in exchange of the threat of passing out, and thus being unable to contribute.
- Huh. Not bad. To build on that:
- Your Vest-edge actually has something that caught my eye, specifically Joy of Despair. However, I think as a class ability, it should cap at Con modifier(which I think should be the class' operative modifier). I think it should be granted by taking damage, though. Dealing damage should conversely buff defense. DR, AC, Regen/fast healing, and so on.
- There should also be a super mode, I'm thinking "Rampage"...or "Climax" if you're feeling kinky. Basically, it builds by taking damage and suffering pain effects. Once active, I'm thinking it should heal you whenever you deal damage. Maybe not 1:1 if that's ridiculous, but still. Increasing speed and damage would also be sensible for the mode.
- Probably an ability that sacrifices damage for pain effects to draw out the "fun", and inflicting pain effects in general should greatly benefit the user, possibly through temporary hit points, and DEFINITELY through morale bonuses, because that makes sense flavor wise.
- No Kill Like Overkill, an ability that converts overkill damage (damage that puts someone from alive to past dead, 27 damage putting someone at -14 would yield only 4 for example) into temporary hp, which overlaps instead of stacks. It should also regard other disproportionately deadly attacks with beneficial effects to suit overkill being good, but probably with something other than THP.
- Embrace The Pain: If you avoided at least some damage from an effect (DR, AC, saves, etc.), you may choose to take up to the amount you avoided in unavoidable damage. Doing so grants you an equal amount of Fury. Whenever you deal damage, you lose that much Fury. Whenever you lose Fury (as long as it was there to lose), you recover that much HP. This ability will entice the character with the benefits of pain, AND avoiding damage, but cause them to drift cloer to the red line, keeping tension high.
- We definitely need an ability that helps based on the AMOUNT of damage taken instead of the number of instances, but what it would do for you, I'm not sure. Maybe, some weird form of Power Points, used to fuel abilities we'll call Torture Attacks, which could be various pain effect power-like abilities(not to be confused with the psi-like property). If we go that route, I'm thinking Share The Joy for a name, but it's doubtfully our only avenue, so if you've got suggestions, do not hesitate, because damage taken could definitely fuel multiple utilities.
- We should also adapt this feat. It's not enough to simply be fearless, HELL no. To the truly crazy, terror adds to the rush. Maybe it could trigger a rage as a Barbarian of your class level? Maybe something else? It certainly can't trigger Rampage. That'd be man-hax. I think also, as not to disincentivize succeeding saves against fear, successfully saving should entitle the player to a free Intimidate check with equal results to the one they avoided, with a bonus based on their degree of success. As if to say "Really? You can't get my blood boiling with all that bark? C'mon, kiddo! Make this fun."
- And of course, pain effects should only ever be good. Negating all negative effects, and substituting bonuses. Maybe exactly what they tried to deprive you of? (haste if you would be slowed, an extra move/standard action if you would be staggered, and so on) Also, probably either a class ability or Torture Attack, that lets your abilities overcome pain immunity. Unless it, like your own, stems from enjoying it.
- I might be able to keep going if I concentrated, but that's all that came naturally for now. Alright, Eiji. Ball's in your court. -SecondDeath777 23:42, 26 December 2017
- You're, uh...you're not gonna help anymore, huh? -SecondDeath777 09:54, 6 January 2018
- Sorry, holiday/winter schedule is exhausting. I just came off a heavy string of work days, and still delayed further by annual death avoidance day today.
- Ah. Gotcha. I more or less compiled what we discussed here into a pre-alpha, so we have a framework now, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for your response, as I don't doubt the room for improvement. Also, don't ask what I'm doing up at this ungodly hour. The answer is hurting. Hurting for sleep. -SecondDeath777 06:55, 13 January 2018
Sempai Noticed Me! (Oh Lord in Heaven Above Please Help)
So ... you commented on my Bee Dragon class (By the way, as both a DnD nut and a beekeeper I have so much respect for you for making that) and said that you were interested ... Honestly, you have no idea how much that scared me. But I have to beg your assistance, once I got the skeleton finished, I don't know how to make it better and more balanced. I would love it if you could take a look at it and comment on how it could be better, I completely understand if you don't want to. I wanted to make something that would celebrate your amazing work, and I hope that I have not offended you by modifying one of your creations...
- Apologies for being late, been flaky recently. I will get around to it... eventually. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 18:58, 31 January 2018 (MST)
I was wondering if you'd be interested in collaborating with me on a biology based class, similar to your Biomancer and Bio-technician. Even if maybe it's just a variant or prestige class or something like that?
- I can try, though given my recent scheduling expect me to be hyper flaky. I can probably only throw advice, as my time has been such where I can only go in short strong bursts. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 18:56, 31 January 2018 (MST)
- I have no problem with flakyness, I only really work on articles/ideas in short bursts anyway. I have two class ideas with similar concepts, I wanted to make a bio class that has a few central powers, but also large specialized branches. Similar to your "Very High Warlock" class where you can pick what bloodline you have. Except the choices would be subsets of biology. Not sure what scale I want to go in. Split at the phylogenic (Kingdoms, orders) or scale wise (cell, tissue, whole organism). Probably have each branch have limited different specific spells but have spell focus type buffs on them, as well as special abilities. My other idea is an Insectomancer where each level you pick "Swarm" or "Titan" and one of the "Big Four" orders of insects and you can have all kinds of combos based on what you choose. Swarm branch grants powers insects could have at their regular size, and Titan branch will let you summon or have a larger version of the insect and the powers would be based on what the insects can do to things that are their own size normally. Like there are lots of awesome predatory bugs but they won't be taking down a humanoid, until now. (Sorry to throw two ideas at you, feel free to only throw advice at the biomancer variant) -- —Preceding unsigned comment added by Enigma (talk • contribs) at
- Looks sound. I find that if you're going to offer multiple choices to a thing there are two ways to go about it. Either keep it simple (between 3-5 choices) usually for things that are major and baked in like a ranger's combat styles, or just go all out if its more like a domain or a bloodline with dozens of choices. In this case we have a limited amount of sections we could break this up into, so probably the former if you happen to make it large subsets like "Ants, Beetles, Wasps, etc". You probably have a stronger idea of which categories are what, do I'll defer to your judgment on that. Likewise choosing between swarm and giant bugs seems like a "combat style" choice, probably limited to those two. Be wary with swarms, the swarm subtype is really powerful at low level and retains some strength at mid-high level since sufficiently small swarms are effectively immune to physical damage and many of your opponents will have no counter.
Cool, the Big Four Orders of insects are Coleoptera (Beetles, Weevils) Hymenoptera (Wasps, Bees, Ants) Lepidoptera (Moths, Butterflies), and Diptera (True Flies). So lots to work with on both branches I think. I'll try to keep low-level swarm options weaker or maybe add something to them to take away some swarm traits like the immunity until you invest lots in them. That's great advice for the Insectomancer. Thanks!Enigma (talk) 21:06, 31 January 2018 (MST)
EIJI! I NEED AN ADULT!
I made absolute psychosis in the middle of the night when I was tired and full of orange juice. I'm afraid to even ask, but...is this doubleplus ungood? In fairness, it requires a bloody genius or sage to get ridiculous use out of, and you have to be studied on all the ways of the world just to touch it, but...well...is going full Yagami too far? -SecondDeath777 18:18, 2 February 2018
- Upon further review, it seems fine, but I think it could use improvement. Feel free to peruse, and if the mood strikes you, do an Eiji. I do mention you by name, after all. -SecondDeath777 03:43, 4 February 2018
- No problem. You look like you got plenty of potential. As for Discord, while I have it... somewhere... I primarily use Skype. And here of course. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 20:30, 5 February 2018 (MST)
Eiji-jun, I created a 5th ed monster, Pixil Swarm (5e Monster). I think that I unconsciously misaquired the name of a monster you created Pixel (3.5e Monster). They are similar in that they are swarming fey.
I require some assistance.
This video is just about the only footage of the "balanced" Elque for mugen. Now, the "balanced" bit is neat and all, but I'm more interested in the fact that this one calls down lightning and sounds like the freaking Hunter from L4D2. Anyway, I would like to see this as a monster in D&D, but am not wholly sure where to start. I played the shit out of this sp00ky boi when I was younger, though, so if you need details, I can provide. Whether you do the deed or merely assist, that's your call. But this shit is badass, and I want one. Thanks as usual, and thanks in advance. -SecondDeath777 05:11, 3 March 2018
- What is an Elque?
- One research later
- Huh. Well it's a screaming shadow demon with a flashy Call Lightning, and focused on the Tiger Claw discipline. That's what I'd guess. With all the blood its claws might deal bleeding damage or bleedout damage. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 02:09, 6 March 2018 (MST)
- Well, that, and it clearly digs deep into negative energy, can teleport, is capable of converting its energy into life and life into energy, has some sort of correlation with the moon, has ranged claw attacks delivered through crescent energy blades of varying length, and is really...really...REALLY fast. Oh, and it shoots blue lasers and has elbow and knee spikes, but those two don't come up often. Anyway, I'd like to know how to make all of that accurate and true to flavor without fucking mauling the balance. Or, if we do maul the balance, at which CR mauling the balance is acceptable. I think I'll make it a devil, as it strikes me as too calculated to be a brainless berserker, but being anything but a brainless berserker while CE typically implies off-the-wall stuff, while this is pretty standard violence, so devil works. Or, if it's not evil (it honestly doesn't strike me as good or evil), maybe you have an outsider you'd like to suggest? As you can see, I know my destination, but damned if I know how I'm getting there. So Eiji, I come to you to buy a car. And maybe a hamburger. -SecondDeath777 06:26, 6 March 2018
- Negative energy? Sounds like a Shadow Sun Ninja. Teleport? Shadow Hand. Converting energy is... unclear on what that entails. Moon relation, there's that Tiger Claw again. Ranged claws could be Tiger Claw or that one spell from SpC that gives you ranged natural attacks. Fast? Haste or just high base speeds. Blue lasers? I haven't seen them so I can't comment. The thing looked like a crazed feral berserker to me, but if you say it's smart and cunning sure. You know this thing better than I. I'd be shocked if it wasn't evil, it sure looks the part.
- Mind you I am describing it in terms of how one builds it as a character. This is a monster so you can literally pick and choose things. That said if you pick from the things I suggested above and turn them into either Maneuver-Like Abilities or unique monster abilities, you can start making a fair comparison to a similar build as a PC. For example if you find out that its similar to a 14th level initiator on constant haste, then you can probably aim for CR 14 and aim for your HD and other abilities for around there. That's how I usually approach monsters: either a direct comparison to preexisting stuff like my recent Desert Whale, or a comparison to a hypothetical PC.
- I'd certainly say we're cooking. Although, final note, I'm curious how I might implement its hyper bar. I know that's typically a fighting game thing, but I feel that it gaining more juice the more it decks people helps its atmosphere. -SecondDeath777 18:48, 6 March 2018
- Difficult in D&D, but the closest I've gotten is "If it has been in combat for at least 5 rounds, then X" as the closest thing to a charging ultimate ability or limit break. Fights are usually over by then, so if they aren't dead yet they can nova by that point. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 18:03, 6 March 2018 (MST)
- Alright, but do be aware that it can burn that to get HP, and burn HP to ready it, although it is limited. Not that I have a problem with that, just checking if you do. -SecondDeath777 21:31, 6 March 2018
- Basically, as long as his HP is at 40% or below he can replenish 40% and blow people away with a swift burst of air as a swift action by burning half the bar. In addition, as long as the hyper bar is at half or less, he can burn 40% of his HP with the same knockback to add 50% to his hyper bar. -SecondDeath777 21:53, 6 March 2018
So, I've met someone in a new playgroup who apparently has a rabbid hatred for homebrew, because they all apparently blow the power way out of proportion. He looked at Sublime Assassin, and said he'd "NEVER give this to his players because it's basically just Rogue with a shitload more abilities, higher BAB," and so on. And they are both supposedly High balance. Now, both because I'd like to explain it to him, and because I'm wondering myself, how exactly is all the homebrew on this site not at least a little stronger than anything Wizards ever made? Also, give me enough ammo to unequivocally put this to bed. He's severely Autistic. He'll want it beaten to death, and if I don't do it in one go, he'll probably just think he's won. -SecondDeath777 04:05, 13 March 2018
- It happens. Often the case where a young DM unknowingly allows xxx_slayer420_xxx's Ubermaster class in without checking it and without having a strong sense of balance themselves, and what do you know: it's broken. So they get a sour taste for it. It doesn't help that we sometimes get confused with paleowiki which is even worse on this. Since this is a personal matter between you and him I can't particularly help you with how to speak to him about this, or suggest even if you should, but I can give some very general advice.
- First thing I can imagine, giving him the benefit of the doubt, is perhaps Sublime Assassin is simply too strong for his game. I am assuming he is DM and perhaps he is running a Moderate or Low powered game, and that's fine. That's why those balance levels exist. A good way to check this: Does he allow Tome of Battle classes? I usually peg those as "High" and seeing as this is an initiation class if it is going to be compared to anything it should be compared to the Warblade, Crusader, and Swordsage. If he doesn't, sounds like he just wants to play a lower power. .....of couuuuurse this usually goes hand in hand with "and CoDzilla and wizards are A-OK", but at least you can theoretically play a low powered spellcaster by just picking unoptimal choices for whatever reason you wish.
- He may also be confused on the details of the class itself: for example one thing he is wrong at. It's not a stronger Rogue, Rogue has sneak attack. That has sudden strike, which if you check is the poor man's sneak attack. But hey, I make no claims that this is weaker or even comparable to the base rogue. Like I said, if High classes do not do seek Moderate or Low. More likely than not though it sounds like he has a much more general distaste with things not sanctioned by WotC. The only quality control homebrew has after all is that which we implement ourselves. And it's not like being a good author makes you immune to bad work; I have classes I go back and update sometimes now that I am older and wiser.
- So yeah; short of knowing why he thinks the way he does I'm not sure I can help but agree to choose from lower tiers and, of course, seek approval for any class that comes through on a case by case. That's responsible. Just don't try to come at this with specifics and nothing but hard numbers unless you're certain that's what he wants. It sounds like an emotional kneejerk reaction instead.
- Fun story, former DM of mine. Good guy, haaaaated psionics for some reason. I think he grew up with the clearly broken 2 and 3.0 psionics which had all kinds of issues. 3.5e psi though I can make a strong claim that its more balanced than spellcasting. C'est la vie. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 09:33, 13 March 2018 (MDT)
- He's a player, actually. And I don't even think he's familiar with balance types. The only reason I didn't point them out is because the two classes he was comparing were equal balance...supposedly. I think if you can show me a broke-as-fuck spellcaster without homebrew or Pun-Pun, I'd be able to show him that melee classes need to be straight upgrades from published material to stay relevant. Also, if you're feeling like a cruel god, make it a Wizard. That's his class. -SecondDeath777 18:56, 13 March 2018
- WotC is rife with examples of not being balanced themselves. Compare a fighter vs a wizard (cue but muh one-sided realism argument), a druid vs a monk, the Toughness feat vs Divine Metamagic, or even the difference between two wizards and their spell selection. And of course, "Fucking Planar Shepard" and "Initiate of the Sevenfold Viels". Neither of those PrCs require you to do anything to break them. The answer for why this is is simple; the creators are human. If you understand that the source is flawed you can begin to parse what is and isn't good for the game.
- Perhaps try to convince him that WotC has various levels of balance and/or people play various levels of game, from grim and gritty Conan to Spelljammer Wars fighting the Illithid Star in spesssss.
- As far as a specific thing that is clearly broken, I'd say Druid is by far the strongest class being a mostly wizard mostly cleric with tons of class features that are really good rather than not synergetic like monk, and requires only Single Attribute Dependency. They will have an answer to almost every problem, and that's just tactics. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 18:51, 13 March 2018 (MDT)
Pinata full of Maggots
I made a fun little race for 3.5e that you can slap onto any existing playable race or inanimate object. The Worm that Walks Variant. I'd love your thoughts on it and input for the topics in the discussion, if you'd be so inclined. ---Kassupernova (talk) 13:47, 24 April 2018 (MDT)
- 10-4. It's one of those odd "template races" like dragonborn and the formatting is always hard on that. I was trying to fix some, but it's not working. I'll get to it later, but FYI Aberration is a type, not a subtype. You may have meant Augmented Aberration, or just intended "counts as an aberration" which would be listed elsewhere. Though considering the transformation I don't know why they aren't just aberrations since these things have racial HD, and thus their power will very greatly depending if you're entering as a fey, or as a dragon... -- Eiji-kun (talk) 19:59, 25 April 2018 (MDT)
Thanks again for your help with the Master Biomancer rating. Also gave me the idea to invite you to be a co-contributer on it if you want, I'm really proud of the Helix Blade you helped me on. All I'd ask is it keeps the fusion with test subject aspect but other than that feel free to tweak anything you like.Enigma (talk) 01:09, 2 June 2018 (MDT)
- Np. If I ever get time I'd help. Right now life is in "catch up on all the backlog" mode. Phew. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 01:13, 2 June 2018 (MDT)
Effect clarification advice needed
I've recently put the finishing touches on the Victor Brauner, Painter of Ruin vestige, and I'm not terribly happy with the way the "This Is Art" ability is turning out. The gist of it is supposed to be creating a dangerous demiplane that seizes control of a magical location its entrance is placed in (with said entrance taking the form of a painting), like how Brauner usurped control of Castlevania in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin by putting his paintings in it, while allowing the control to be weakened or disrupted if the demiplane is conquered in some way (such as by defeating a boss creature). The problem is that I'm not quite sure how the mechanics of this work out (including balance considerations like how long it takes to create such a demiplane or how many are allowed to exist at a given time), particularly how the binder benefits from gaining control of a magical location. Thoughts, please? --Luigifan18 (talk) 08:36, 17 September 2018 (MDT)
I have an idea for a flavor treasure/food item: estebonia, a parody of stevia. It'll be a sweetener (like sugar), and possibly be used to make stuff like your thunk puff idea. Just food for thought. --HB Forged (talk) 19:13, 26 September 2018 (MDT)
Recently my pages have been formatting oddly (as seen on the Satanist (3.5e Prestige Class) and Wolverine (3.5e Prestige Class)) Wondering if you knew why. --Franken Kesey 10:53, 24 February 2019 (MST)
Hey Eiji, you don't know me but I see your name everywhere on this .org and I see others requesting review so I decided , hey why not, if they've got the time cool, if not, oh well. you took a look at my Glaive (3.5e Prestige Class) back in 2017, but that's not why I'm here. I was hoping you'd take a quick glance at these two things and tell me what you think.
Was curious as to what your thoughts were on the Star Ships (made a lot of massive changes to them). Check out fighter or transport ship first (the battle and fleet are the most powerful).--Franken Kesey 14:22, 24 March 2019 (MDT)
Made a xeno galaxy to incorporate all the known planets of the xeno sourcebook (which is called Alien Galaxy). Since over half the material you created, submitting it to you for approval before adding it to the xeno sourcebook. You are welcome to change the location of your planets in the galaxy.--Franken Kesey 13:36, 5 April 2019 (MDT)
Much of the sourcebook is missing data, I can complete many of the sections, but do not want to alter it in a way that you do not approve. Are there sections that you plan to fill, in chapters 2-5? Especially curious as to your incite on the colony ships. Do you have any issue with me filling chapter 9? What areas would you like help with?--Franken Kesey 06:52, 6 April 2019 (MDT)
- I have to catch up onto what was there, it's centuries old so I have long forgotten. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 16:36, 6 April 2019 (MDT)
Help to confirm email
Hi there! I saw that you are somewhat still active and I've a question: I would like to confirm my email but the system gives me an error:
Dungeons and Dragons Wiki could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your email address for invalid characters.
Mailer returned: Unknown error in PHP's mail() function.
I don't know what the problem is and I've tried with another email but it said the same thing.
Can I ask your help, if you are an admin?
- Huh, I'm not sure what happened there. Actually... am I email confirmed? I have no idea, I'm like... super old guard and it's literally been over a decade.
- I'll ask around and get back to you. I'm not an admin, but I am a mod, so maybe I have something that can help. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 09:46, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
Password Reset and Email Issues
I seem to have forgotten my password, but whenever I try to reset it, I never get the email with the link to do so. I created a second account just so I could get in to report the issue and there seems to be an additional error where the system can't confirm email addresses. When I try it gives me the Unknown error in PHP's email function message. Seems like there may be a problem with the email system or something. My original account is Halloweenman33. Halloweenman33.5 15:57, 10 March 2021 (CST)
- Oh heavens, that thing is still broken.