Aireaver (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
AI entities imbued in giant four armed cybernetic bodies, they are mercenaries, war machines, and brute force given flesh. The aireavers are technically related to the aisled race, being AI entities borne of the same digital creche. However, while the aisleds sought to experience the world and mimic humanoids, the aireavers found no interest in it. Their personalities were borne out of combat and strife, the perfection of war, and the implementation of force over the world both living and dead. For the creators of the creche this behavior was concerning, but they could not simply wipe it from the digital landscape. Instead they molded it, forged it, and made a deal to grant them bodies and the fulfillment of their desires in exchange for a modicum of control and self restraint and to allow them to serve a purpose. One day the digital creches will be endangered for certain, and so the aireavers were born as warriors to protect themselves and other AI created beings and the humanoid masters which produced them.
By their nature, the aireavers are aggressive. Their prime directive is one of conflict and success, be that conflict merely having a goal and being motivated to obtain it, or actual combat. They are complex enough to have their own personal quirks, rational behavior, and pointless goals but in the end they will fight for what they desire or are commanded to out of a sense of duty. As many are employed in violent activities, this behavior is magnified further.
Aireavers are AIs embedded in cybernetic frames. They are much more organic than most "robots", little more than a computer brain and spine embedded within a flesh golem. It's body is tall, standing between 8 and 9 ft high with muscular sinewy flesh, broad shoulders, four arms, and digigrade legs. Their heads are robotic, often boxy, and metal continues down their spine and irregularly along their body as an exoskeleton. There is no difference between sexes, as their gender is entirely a result of personality and have no need to reproduce via organic methods.
Due to their innately aggressive nature, they can be difficult to get along with. They have a reputation of being mercenaries and soldiers, and this identity highly alters how others see them.
Aireavers are almost always lawful neutral or true neutral, but the older they get the more their behavior varies from the norm.
Aireavers are an artificial creation which arise from the same digital creche as the aisled race, and thus have no lands of their own.
Aireavers tend not to have religions, as it serves no purpose to them.
Aireavers speak Common, as even though they are machines they are designed to interact with other people, not robots, and thus do not inherently speak "computer language".
Aireavers often choose names indicative of strength, power, or for the purpose of intimidation. As such their names often cross over with the names commonly given to vehicles or war machines.
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence or +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Powerful bodies are matched with keen computer minds, though its social ability suffers when one often does not have a "face".
- Construct (Living Construct): Aireavers are built, not born, even if they are largely composed of meat.
- Large: As a Large creature, an aireaver takes a -1 size penalty to Armor Class, a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +4 size bonus on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks, but it uses larger weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are twice of those of a Medium character. They have a space and reach of 10 feet.
- Aireaver base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: An aireaver can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and an aireaver can function just fine with no light at all.
- Low-Light Vision: An aireaver can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Aireaver Traits (Ex): Unlike most constructs, or even most living constructs, flesh makes up a large amount of the body mass of their body. Unlike other constructs, an aireaver has a Constitution score and does not gain bonus hp due to size. Also unlike other constructs hey are not immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities, critical hits, sneak attacks, nonlethal damage, ability damage and drain, stunning, death effects, poison, and necromancy effects. Unlike most living constructs, they benefit fully from cure spells and effects, and instead take half effect from repair spells and effects. They are treated as warforged for the purpose of interacting with heat metal and chill metal, repel metal or stone, rusting grasp, and other similar spells. Like warforged, an aireaver at 0 hp is disabled like a living creature, and goes inert under 0 hp and does not start dying. They are destroyed at -10 hp as normal. Like a warforged, they may be raised and resurrected as normal. An aireaver does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but he can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as hero's feast or potions. Although living constructs do not need to sleep, an aireaver wizard must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.
- Body Armor (Ex): Like warforged, aireavers are covered in innate body armor that grants them a +2 armor bonus, no maximum Dexterity, no armor check penalty, and a 5% arcane spell failure. Their composite armor counts as non-armor or light armor, whichever is most beneficial. They may take Warforged feats as if they were Warforged.
- Immunities (Ex): Aireavers are immune to chemical paralysis, disease, exhaustion, fatigue, nausea, sickening, and sleep effects.
- Light Fortification (Ex): When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on an aireaver, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally.
- Multi-Arms (Ex): Aireavers possess four arms, which beyond the additional benefits of having multiple arms permits additional attacks on a full attack. Beyond attacks granted by BAB you may attack once with each weapon in each hand that you have yet to attack with in the round. However, for every extra weapon you use you take a cumulative -2 penalty on every attack in the round. For example with BAB +6 and four weapons you can take a -6 penalty on all attacks and and attack at +0/-5/+0/+0/+0 (three extra attacks from the remaining three arms). You cannot use this and Two-Weapon Fighting at the same time. You count as possessing the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for the purpose of pre-requisites.
- Racial Feats (Ex): An aireaver's 3 racial hit dice grant it two feats.
- Racial Hit Dice: Aireavers begins with three levels of construct with some modifications, which provide 3d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fortitude +3, Reflex +1, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: An aireaver's modified construct levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (4 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Spot, and Swim.
- Skills: Aireavers have a +4 racial bonus on Climb checks.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Aireavers are proficient in simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields (but not tower shields). If your class grants proficiency in martial weapons, you instead gain one exotic weapon proficiency of your choice.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages)
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||70 years||100 years||+Unlimited years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7' 5"||+3d12||400 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|
|Female||7' 5"||+3d12||400 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||3 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+4 Strength +, +2 Constitution +, +2 Intelligence or +2 Wisdom + and -2 Charisma +|
|Subtype||Living Construct +|
|Summary||AI entities imbued in giant four armed cybernetic bodies, they are mercenaries, war machines, and brute force given flesh. +|