Blood Moon Frenzy (3.5e Maneuver)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Wild Moon (Strike)|
|Prerequisite:||Need four Wild Moon maneuvers|
|Initiation Action:||Standard Action|
|Saving Throw:||Fortitude partial; see text|
KILL! MAIM!! BURN!!!
You make a brutal melee attack which deals an additional +15d6 damage and 2d6 points of Con damage. In addition you may completely sever one limb of your choice, invoking the following penalties as appropriate:
- Arm/Limb: An arm is missing, disallowing the use of attacks with it or holding anything.
- Leg: A leg is missing, which reduces their speed by 10 feet for creatures with five or more legs, or cripples them and forces them to crawl for quadrapeds and those with few legs. A creature crawls at 5 feet.
- Tail: A tail is missing, preventing them from making natural attacks with any tail slaps, and they take a -20 penalty on balance checks and ability checks made to resist bull rushing, trips, and other forced movement effects.
- Wing: A wing is missing, decreasing their maneuverability by two steps (minimum clumsey) and reducing their fly speed by 10 feet if they have three or more wings. Most creatures only have two wings, and cannot fly at all with a single or no wings.
- Head: You may tear off the creature's head, which kills most creatures instantly. However they receive two Fortitude saves. If they succeed on either on, they succeed on a save against this ability.
Once a limb is gone, it is gone and must be regenerated by actual regeneration or spell. Creatures lose 1 hp every round after whenever they take a stressful action, as if they were dying with the diehard feat, which is cured once they recieve healing. Creatures get a Fortitude save for partial, DC 19 + Str modifier. On a successful save they do not lose a limb and take half the Con damage, but still take the full extra damage.
This ability can injure even creatures immune to critical hits. Your close combat is reckless and leaves you open to attack. After using this maneuver you suffer a -4 penalty to AC until the beginning of your next turn.