Bluewraith Revenants are playable ghosts. They are formed when someone is murdered in cold blood and their body is exposed to massive amounts of positive energy afterwards. Those strange circumstances can cause the body to raise into a bluewraith revenant, an undead charged with positive energy that resembles a ghost. They look almost exactly as they did in life, except that they are slightly transparent and, as the name suggests, blue. Bluewraith revenants are capable of disguising their undeath, easily reverting to their original human appearance. Bluewraith Revenants often suffer intense memory loss after being raised, some are purely driven by revenge while others attempt to continue their former life, some don't even realize they are undead.
Most Bluewraith Revenants take level in the bluewraith revenant paragon class.
- +2 to any attribute, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution: Bluewraith Revenants are extremely versatile but their partially corporeal form makes them much weaker and more fragile.
- Undead (Dark Minded, Unliving): Bluewraith Revenants are undead with the Dark-Minded and Unliving subtypes, and possess all traits associated with those subtypes.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a bluewraith revenant has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Bluewraith Revenant base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A bluewraith revenant can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a bluewraith revenant can function just fine with no light at all.
- Deathless (Ex): Uniquely amongst undead, bluewraith revenants are healed by positive energy and harmed by negative energy, just like living beings.
- Humanoid Appearance (Ex): Bluewraith Revenants can disguise themselves as a human version of themselves as per disguise self with a duration of a permanent as a swift action. This effect is dismissible at will.
- Partial Incorporeality (Su): A bluewraith revenant is partially incorporeal, possessing the Partial Incorporeality class feature.
- Partial Rejuvenation (Su): Bluewraith Revenants are incapable of rejuvenating like proper ghosts and when they die they leave a faint blue ectoplasm behind instead of a body. If this ectoplasm is left to its own devices it will reform into the slain bluewraith revenant over the course of a decade, although it will not retain any of its memories and will become a haunting bluewraith. She does not risk this fate if she completed her Revenge of the Murdered. If the ectoplasm is charged with at least 10 points of positive energy per HD of the bluewraith revenant, it is reformed correctly, bringing the bluewraith revenant back to 'life' with no level loss.
- Revenge of the Murdered (Su): Upon creating a bluewraith revenant, choose a single creature or NPC to have been your murderer. Once per year you can use astral invader (blue) on that creature. The creature take a penalty to its Will save based on connection (as per the scrying spell). Once the creature is slain (either through astral invader or other means) the bluewraith revenant may move on if it wishes at any time, passing in true death.
- Vulnerability to Ghost-Touch (Su): A Bluewraith Revenant take 50% more damage from ghost touch weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Bluewraith Revenant as a Template
Alternatively the bluewraith revenant can be added as a LA 1 template to any non-humanoid race. It retain it old size and racial ability as well as getting the racial ability of the bluewraith revenant. It type change to undead (dark minded, unliving) and it gain it former type as a augmented subtype.
Table: Bluewraith Revenant Random Starting Ages
| 0 years
Table: Bluewraith Revenant Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| — years
|| — years
|| — years
|| +— years
Table: Bluewraith Revenant Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4’ 10”
|| 60 lb.
|| × (1d4) lb.
|| 4’ 5”
|| 45 lb.
|| × (1d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Leziad's Homebrew (4047 Articles)