Chronokinetic Psychic (3.5e Alternate Class Feature)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Certain psychic possess powers that few others can boast, power over the forces of time These extremely rare psychic perhaps acquired their ability far in the future and used their power to go back in time, losing most of them in the process. Or perhaps they suffered from temporal dilatation upon encountering a black hole, which fundamentally changed them and their powers. Or simply they could have studied time itself until they start understanding it.
However the cost of manipulating time and space is heavy on both the body and the mind, and a psychic who is not careful will quickly fall into madness. Their body and mind split between various timelines and soon leaving only a husk of their form selves.
Replaces: Discipline Spells (Altered), Phrenic Amplifications (Altered), Detect Thoughts, 5th Level Discipline Power, Major Phrenic Amplifications (Altered), Telepathic Bond, 13th Level Discipline PowerTelepathy, Remade Self
Benefit: A Chronokinetic Psychic gain the following class features:
Burn (Ex): A Chronokinetic Psychic is playing with fire, and the force of time quickly take a toll on the body of the unwary time traveler. This class feature function just as the kineticist's burn class features. As a free action on your turn, you may accept a single burn to recover 2 points to her phrenic pool, this increase by 1 at 6th and 18th. This replace any phrenic pool recovery mechanics granted by your discipline.
Madness (Ex): A Chronokinetic Psychic must be careful with her abilities, as messing with time and space can bring about madness. If she incur 3 or more points of burn she gain a Minor Psychosis and is confused for the 1st round or any stressful situation, she may always choose to babble incoherently instead of attacking an ally or performing an action which would be suicidal. If she suffer from 4 or more points of burn she also gain a Major Psychosis. If you are using the Mindbreak rules, reduce her madness threshold by 1 for each point of burn she currently have.
The psychosis given by this class feature are either rolled randomly each time they are acquired or chosen in agreement between the GM and player for a sufficiently penalizing and flavorful combination. They cannot be cured in any way but vanish when the psychic clear out her burns by resting
If you possess the Abomination Discipline, you may act normally while in your Dark Half. However if you have 2 or more burn you also become confused for 1 round (as above) as soon a you return to normal.
Discipline Spell: Instead of your normal discipline spell list, you gain the spells on either the Space, Time Warp or Gravity at the same level. This choice is made at 1st level and cannot be changed afterward.
Logical Spell: A Chronokinetic Psychic gain Logical SpellPathfinder as a bonus feat. If you have 3 or more burn, you may apply this to your spell with a +0 level adjustment.
Phrenic Amplifications: A Chronokinetic Psychic gain access to a new list of Phrenic Amplifications, which replace her normal list. She still has access to the following Phrenic Amplifications from the psychic list: Focused Force, Intense Focus, Phrenic Strike, Relentless Casting and Undercast Surge.
- Accelerated Healing (Su): When the psychic casts a linked spell, she may spend 2 points from her phrenic pool to receive fast healing equal to the linked spell level for a number of rounds equal to 3 + her phrenic pool's ability modifier.
- Adjust Duration (Ex): Upon casting the linked spell, the psychic may spend 2 points from her phrenic pool as well as a spell slot of the same level or higher. If she does she augment it's duration to the next category (rounds to minutes to 10 minutes to hours, up hours to 24 hours). This has no effect on spell which last longer than 24 hours or had a duration of 1 round or less.
- Chronological Displacement (Su): Upon casting the linked spell, the psychic may spend 1 point from her phrenic pool to replicate the effect of displacement on herself, gaining a chronologically uncertain position, for 1 round per level of the linked spell. This is due to a chronological anomaly and this is not bypassed by effect such as true seeing. However if she is struck by a melee or ranged attack, her position become certain again and the effect end early unless she accept a point of burn.
- Divergent Timeline (Ex): Upon taking this Phrenic Amplifications, the psychic choose a single spell for each level she can cast from the sorcerer/wizard list. She may cast that spell as a psychic spell, spending a number of points from her phrenic pool equal to half the spell level (minimum 1). She cannot cast the linked spell without using this Phrenic Amplifications. Unlike most amplification it may be combined with another amplification of the psychic's choice. Whenever the psychic gain a new level she may change the spells she selected with this amplification, as well as filling new spell level she didn't previously have.
- Horological Backspace (Su): Upon finishing casting the linked spell, the psychic may spend 1 point from her phrenic pool to be transported back to the space she was in at the start of her turn. This ability fail and do not cost a point if the space is now occupied, otherwise illegal or if the transportation is negated by an outside source.
- Rewind Spell (Ex): As an immediate action after losing the linked spell due to a failed concentration check or after casting a spell that had no effect (such as due to successful saving throws, a failed caster level check to overcome spell resistance, or other immunities), the Chronokinetic Psychic can spend a number of points from her phrenic pool equal to half the spell level (minimum 1) to not expend the spell slot used to cast that spell, she also undo any use of costly material components if necessary.
- Temporal Dilatation (Ex): Upon casting the linked spell, the psychic may spend 1 point from her phrenic pool to greatly alter her own timeline. In effect the round she cast the linked spell in does not count as elapsing time, freezing the duration of all effect for 1 round. This does not change the effect of her spells and beneficial effect, essentially lengthening their duration by 1 round. This augmentation also freeze any damaging effect for the round, this does not stop any instantaneous damage from affecting her however.
- Time Split (Ex): If the psychic must concentrate on the linked spell, she may spend 1 point from her phrenic pool to gain an extra standard action which may only be used to concentrate on the linked spell. This Phrenic Amplifications may be used once per round in any subsequent round the linked spell is being concentrated on. Since an alternate version of herself is concentrating on spells during those rounds, she is free to cast spells, although only in rounds affected by this augmentation.
- Wormhole (Su): Once the psychic cast a linked [teleportation] spell she may leave a wormhole behind adjacent to her old location and another adjacent to her new location, doing so require her to spend 1 point from her phrenic pool. Any creature may enter a wormhole and arrive adjacent to the other end, although it is impossible to cast spell or attack through a wormhole. The wormhole last for a number of rounds equal to the level of the linked spell but may be dismissed as a free action by the psychic.
Splintered Mind (Ex): A 2nd level Chronokinetic Psychic, having played with time travel, paradoxes and other extremely dangerous phenomenon has fundamentally altered her mind. This allow her to add her Charisma to her Will save. If she would be placed under a Will partial or Will half effect she may completely negate it by accepting 1 point of burn.
Detect Future (Sp): At 4th level, once per day as a standard action, you may concentrate on a single creature within close range to attempt to divine their future. This behave as an augury spell, but the question must be about the creature or it action. The target is allowed a Will save to negate the effect. You may not target yourself with this ability. She can also expend any unused spell slot of 2nd level or higher to replicate this effect.
Aura of Anomaly (Su): A 5th level Chronokinetic Psychic can create an aura of temporal anomaly in a 10 feet radius centered on herself, this range increase by 10 feet at 9th level and each 4 levels thereafter. She may activate the aura as a move action and she is required to spend 1 points from her phrenic pool. The effect of the aura is clearly anomalous, may include creatures and objects 'glitching' or unattended object floating as if they were no gravity or similar effect. When a creature start it turn into the aura, it is moved 5 ft. in any direction of the psychic's choice, the new square must be able to support their weight and must be unoccupied. This movement do not provoke an attack of opportunity and do not count as movement for any purposes. The aura last for a number of rounds equals to rounds equal to your psychic's phrenic pool ability bonus
As a move action, the Chronokinetic Psychic may spend 1 points from her phrenic pool, if she does her aura become difficult terrain for 1 round.
Temporal Intermission (Su): A 9th level Chronokinetic Psychic is able to control time in a way most could only dream of. As a swift action, the psychic may spend 3 points from her phrenic pool to stop time and take an extra standard action. However this standard action is taken under effectively the effect of time stop and thus cannot harm or affect another creature. After using this ability, the psychic is left Shaken for 1 round, thus bypass immunities but do not stack with other fear-effect.
At 13th level she may use Temporal Intermission to replicate the effect of time stop (1 round) or use the original version at the cost of 1 point from her phrenic pool. If she cast time stop with her actual spell slot, she may spend 1 point from your phrenic pool to maximize it duration.
Major Phrenic Amplifications: A Chronokinetic Psychic gain access to a new list of Major Phrenic Amplifications, which replace her normal list. She still has access to the following Phrenic Amplifications from the psychic list: Deflection Field, Dispelling Pulse, Dual Amplification, Space-rending Spell
- Alternate Future (Su): As you cast the linked spell you may spend 3 points from your phrenic pool to cast a second instance of it. The second iteration spell must have a different target or targets and cover a different area which do not overlap with the first iteration. As you resolve both instances of the linked spell, choose which one happened. The other iteration does not happen and you reverse any and all effects it caused.
- Paradox Spell (Su): As you cast the linked spell, you may spend 2 points from your phrenic pool to cause a level of temporal paradox within the target or targets of the spell. All affected creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Level + phrenic pool's ability bonus) or have acquire strange temporal paradox, inflicting them a single point of burn (as per the burn class feature) and cause them to become slowed for 1 round. This burn only last for 1 round per class level, becoming normal non-lethal damage which may be cured thereafter.
- Time Travel (Su): Upon finishing casting the linked spell, you may spend 4 points from your phrenic pool to revert to the start of her turn. Everything that happened is reversed, including any spell cast, items used, damage taken or dealt and etc. The only thing which persist is the use points from your phrenic pool required to use this ability. Once time travel has been used, you must wait 1 round before using it again. This amplification cannot be used on a spell which require more than a full-round action to cast.
Chronological Mastery (Ex): At 13th level, the Chronokinetic Psychic can act in another creature's time stop as long as she is aware of it and she become immune to the effect of negative effect with the [Time] descriptor (such as the slow spell)
Time Lord (Ex): A 20th level Chronokinetic Psychic become a master of time and space, and may evade death with through use of time travel. If the Chronokinetic Psychic dies, she may spend 8 points from her phrenic pool to be revived as if she had cast akashic formPathfinder at the start of the day. This is a [Time] effect. Additionally each time the psychic casts a psychic spell, she can link one phrenic amplification or major amplification she knows that has a point cost of 1 to that spell without spending any points from her phrenic pool.
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Identifier||3.5e Alternate Class Feature +|
|Summary||Certain psychic possess powers that few ot … |
Certain psychic possess powers that few others can boast, power over the forces of time These extremely rare psychic perhaps acquired their ability far in the future and used their power to go back in time, losing most of them in the process. Or perhaps they suffered from temporal dilatation upon encountering a black hole, which fundamentally changed them and their powers. Or simply they could have studied time itself until they start understanding it. However the cost of manipulating time and space is heavy on both the body and the mind, and a psychic who is not careful will quickly fall into madness. Their body and mind split between various timelines and soon leaving only a husk of their form selves.leaving only a husk of their form selves. +
|Title||Chronokinetic Psychic +|