Eraser Dragon (3.5e Monster)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Challenge Rating:||Wyrmling 3; very young 6; young 9; juvenile 12; young adult 16; adult 19; mature adult 23; old 26; very old 29; ancient 32; wyrm 36; great wyrm 39|
|Alignment:||Often Lawful Neutral, Lawful Good, or Lawful Evil|
|Advancement:||Wyrmling 4-5 HD; very young 7-8 HD; young 10-1 HD; juvenile 13-14 HD; young adult 16-17 HD; adult 19-20 HD; mature adult 22-23 HD; old 25-26 HD; very old 28-29 HD; ancient 31-32 HD; wyrm 34-35 HD; great wyrm 37+ HD|
|Level Adjustment:||Wyrmling +?; very young +?; young +?; juvenile +?; others —|
|Age||Size||Hit Dice (hp)||Str||Dex||Con||Int||Wis||Cha|| Base Attack/
|Attack||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Breath Weapon (DC)||Frightful Presence DC|
|Wyrmling||T||3d12 (22)||11||10||13||11||10||9||+3/-5||+5||+4||+3||+3||1 (12)|
|Very young||S||6d12 (51)||13||10||14||13||11||10||+6/+3||+8||+7||+5||+5||2 (15)|
|Young||M||9d12 (85)||15||10||16||15||11||11||+9/+11||+11||+9||+6||+6||3 (17)|
|Juvenile||M||12d12 (114)||17||10||17||16||13||12||+12/+15||+15||+11||+8||+9||4 (19)|
|Young adult||L||15d12 (157)||19||10||19||18||13||13||+15/+19||+18||+13||+9||+10||5 (21)||18|
|Adult||L||18d12 (207)||23||10||20||20||13||14||+18/+28||+23||+16||+11||+12||6 (24)||21|
|Mature adult||H||21d12 (262)||27||10||22||22||15||15||+21/+33||+27||+18||+12||+14||7 (26)||22|
|Old||H||24d12 (300)||29||10||23||23||15||16||+24/+37||+31||+20||+14||+16||8 (28)||25|
|Very old||H||27d12 (364)||31||10||25||25||15||17||+27/+45||+35||+22||+15||+17||9 (30)||26|
|Ancient||H||30d12 (435)||33||10||26||27||17||18||+30/+49||+39||+25||+17||+20||10 (33)||29|
|Wyrm||G||33d12 (511)||35||10||28||29||17||19||+33/+53||+41||+27||+18||+21||11 (35)||30|
|Great wyrm||G||36d12 (558)||37||10||29||30||17||20||+36/+59||+45||+29||+20||+23||12 (37)||33|
|Age||Speed||Initiative||AC||Special Abilities||Caster Level||SR|
|Wyrmling||60 ft., fly 100 ft. (average), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 16 (+4 natural, +2 size), touch 12,
|Immune to Ability Damage/Drain, Unblemished Scales|
|Very young||60 ft., fly 100 ft. (average), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 19 (+8 natural, +1 size), touch 11,
|Young||60 ft., fly 150 ft. (average), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 21 (+11 natural), touch 10,
|Juvenile||60 ft., fly 150 ft. (average), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 25 (+15 natural), touch 10,
|Young adult||60 ft., fly 150 ft. (average), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 28 (+19 natural, -1 size), touch 9,
|Adult||60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 31 (+22 natural, -1 size), touch 9,
|Mature adult||60 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 34 (+26 natural, -2 size), touch 8,
|Old||60 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 37 (+29 natural, -2 size), touch 8,
|Ruby Ray of ReversalSpC||7th||35|
|Very old||60 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 40 (+32 natural, -2 size), touch 8,
|Ancient||60 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 43 (+35 natural, -2 size), touch 8,
|Wyrm||60 ft., fly 250 ft. (clumsy), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 46 (+40 natural, -4 size), touch 6,
|Great wyrm||60 ft., fly 250 ft. (clumsy), burrow 30 ft.||+0|| 49 (+43 natural, -4 size), touch 6,
There were no less than 6 errors in that sentence you just said boy, the most important one being that you called me a white dragon...
Eraser Dragons (dracos palimpsest), also known as whiteout dragons, nega-dragons, or dispel dragons, are a breed of dragon commonly confused with white dragons, much to their chagrin. Unlike the relatively dull-witted white dragons, eraser dragons are disturbingly intelligent and painfully alert. They have a bad reputation of being snobby, as eraser dragons seem to possess racial OCD over perfection in certain fields, often correcting others the moment they detect a spelling error, a grammatical mishap, or going out of their way to "correct" the arrangement of objects and works of art. Their lairs need not be pristine, though they often are, but an eraser dragon certainly knows whenever things have been moved, for they have arranged their lairs just so to their liking. Outwardly, they resemble white dragons, with strange eyes whose whites of their eyes and black pupils are polarity reversed. Wyrmlings appear to nearly be made out of a matte white liquid, so fine are their scales and so gentle their movements. As the eraser dragon ages, its color does not fade, but its skin cracks and seems to become brittle, with fresh white liquid flowing underneeth, and their eyes transform from highly contrasted inverted colors to an even monochrome gray sphere. Their bodies are sleek and serpentine, with wings tipped with sharp bone points, and a "bushy" tail tip composed of dozens of flexible spines. It has two foward curving horns that dip over its head and nostrils, and a sharp jutting jaw flat and shovel-like. They give off a faintly unpleasant odor of paint. Their similar wyrmling scale appearance and the fact that it produces a stark white ichor gives some credibility to the idea that eraser dragons and pendragons are related, yet the two species have an unexplained rivalry, perhaps stemming from the pendragon's desire to write against the eraser's dragon's preference for unblemished, prestine surfaces devoid of text.
Eraser dragons are loners, a result of their OCD making them socially abrasive, combined with a need for perfection. They are also introspective and likely to follow monk or paladin-like paths of thought and enlightenment. Solitude is a blessing, silence is golden, and the utter white blank expanse of an empty snowfield is beauty. They prefer wastes, and can hide best in the cold tundras, yet this is also the home of white dragons, furthering the confusion between them. Then again, there is an advantage to being presumed dull-witted when you are in combat.
Eraser Dragons which have entered combat use their abilities to erase the advantages of the enemy, then finish them off with the brute force that dragons possess. Their dispel breath removes magical threats, and then physical threats are dealt with the application of spells or spell-like abilities, and the whiteout aura to blind them to even the presence of the dragon.
- Breath Weapon (Su)
- An eraser dragon has two types of breath weapons, a line of blinding and quick-hardening liquid and a cone of dispelling gas. The line of liquid deals the listed amount in Dexterity damage and both blinds and entangles the opponent for 1 round per age category, Reflex save for half damage and negates blinding/entanglemet (save negates both damage and blind/entanglement for wyrmlings). The other breath sprays what seems to be an opaque white cloud of gas, which acts as dispel magic with no cap on maximum caster level. The caster level for the effect equals the dragon's HD.
- Negation (Su)
- A young eraser dragon can negate the full effect of spells upon it with effort. They gain the benefits of evasion and mettle, allowing them to take no damage on a successful Reflex save and suffer no effect on a successful Fort or Will partial save. This is a result of directly negating the circumstances of the effect, rather than through actual evasion, and so may be used even if in heavy armor, encumbered, or otherwise impeded, but not if the dragon is unconcious or helpless.
- Whiteout Aura (Su)
- An eraser dragon can blot out the senses, "whiting out" reality as it does. Any creature within 10 ft per age category of the eraser dragon (minimum 40 ft aura when gained as a juvenile) must make a Will save or become unable to perceive their surroundings, transforming everything into a white void. They are effectively blind until the dragon attacks them or performs an action which would break the conditions of invisibility. The effect lasts for 1 minute per age category, and a successful save renders you immune to the effect for 24 hours. The saving throw is Charisma based.
- Spell-Like Abilities (Sp)
- At will— erase (very young and older), 2/day— enervation (adult and older), ruby ray of reversalSpC (old and older); 1/day— antimagic field (ancient and older), mage's disjunction (great wyrm)
- Unblemished Scales (Su)
- Wyrmling eraser dragons are never marked with any forgien materials even after a tromp in the mud. They are immune to entanglement and effects which rely on corporeal substances or effects sticking to the target, such as the continual damage of an acid arrow or lava, the glittering aftereffect part of a glitterdust spell, or just common dirt. It does not prevent constant effects with no presence, such as faerie fire or the attacks of a summoned monster.
- Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Decipher Script, Sense Motive, and Speak Language are considered class skills for eraser dragons.
|Alignment||Often Lawful Neutral, Lawful Good, or Lawful Evil +|
|Challenge Rating||3 +, 6 +, 9 +, 12 +, 16 +, 19 +, 23 +, 26 +, 29 +, 32 +, 36 + and 39 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Monster +|
|Size||Tiny +, Small +, Medium +, Large +, Huge + and Gargantuan +|
|Title||Eraser Dragon +|
|Type||Dragon (Air) +|