Essential Cut (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The discipline of those martial adepts who wield the magic of Incarnum. Maneuvers in this discipline often rely on temporarily using some of your noninvested essentia.
Game Mechanics of the Essential Cut
Available To: Carnage Zealot. Martial Study feat otherwise.
Discipline Weapons: Any slashing weapon.
Saves: 10 + maneuver level + Constitution modifier.
Special: Some Essential Cut maneuvers allow you to spend essentia that you currently don't have invested in anything. Essentia spent in this way returns to your pool at the end of your next turn. You can't spend more essentia on a maneuver than you could normally invest in a soulmeld. Essential Cut stances can have essentia invested in them as well: invest essentia in a stance just like you would a soulmeld, although when you change stances all essentia invested in the previous stance is uninvested.
Maneuvers of the Essential Cut Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Essentia Overflow: Stance — You gain 3 additional points of essentia.
- Incarnum Geist: Stance — You gain ghostly qualities by investing essentia in this stance.
- Soul Feather: Counter — Avoid fall damage or double jump height.
- Soul Slash: Strike [Force] — Spend some essentia for force damage.
- Sudden Reinvestment: Counter — Reinvest your essentia.
- Disable Chakra: Strike — Block bound soulmeld or magic item
- Soul Shield: Boost [Force] — Temporary Deflection bonus to AC.
- Afterimage Walk: Rush [Force] — Leave difficult, damaging terrain in your path
- Dead Friend's Betrayal: Boost [Mind-Affecting Evil] — Will save to avoid flat-footedness.
- Incarnum Bolts: Strike — Create bolts out of incarnum, fire at enemies.
- Infinite Chakra: Stance — Choose a Chakra, increase the essentia bound in any soulmeld bound in that chakra by 1.
- Armor Incarnation: Stance [Force] — Create weightless magical full plate.
- Paralyze Limbs: Strike [X-Discipline] — Attack, immobilize.
- Body Borrowing: Boost — You take your turn from someone else's body.
- Brilliant Soul Slash: Strike [Force] — Spend some essentia for force damage, brilliant property.
- Soul Fingers: Stance — Your fingers hit the souls of your targets.
- Soul Arrow: Strike [Force] — Fire an arrow made out of your soul, worse to enemies who disagree with your alignment more.
- Soulquake: Strike [X-Discipline] — Animate all objects in the area, so they bounce around and destroy theirselves.
- Suppress Soul: Stance — Become dead. Temporarily.
- Youth Absorption: Strike [Evil] — You suck the future years from your target.
- Death Infusion: Strike [Evil] — Vile damage over time
- Martial Blitz: Strike, Boost [X-Discipline] — Expend another maneuver, and make one attack per level of the expended maneuver.
- Return Soul: Strike — Try to bring target back to life.
- Soul to Soul Conversation: Boost [Mind-Affecting X-Discipline] — Talk telepathically at any distance, uninvited.
- Soulspike Revenge: Counter — Create spikes to stab your assailant.
- Synostokiai: Boost [X-Discipline] — Expend a maneuver to regain hp based on the other maneuver's strength.
- Afterimage Slice: Strike — Even if your opponent moves away, you can still attack where they used to be.
- Arbitrary Spike Serration: Stance — Your attacks deal Constitution damage now.
- Soul of the Tiger: Strike [X-Discipline] — Pounce. Gain bite and claw attacks.
- Severing Brilliant Soul Slash: Strike [Force] — Spend some essentia for force damage, brilliant property, and brain damage.
- Souleater Grasp: Strike — Rip out the target's soul and eat it.
|Class||Carnage Zealot. Martial Study feat otherwise. +|
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||The discipline of those martial adepts who wield the magic of Incarnum. +|
|Title||Essential Cut +|
|Weapon||Any slashing weapon. +|