Fell Animate (3.5e Feat)
From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
You shoot people in the face so hard with magic, they feel obligated to get up and serve you later.
Fell Animate [Spellcasting]
Prerequisite: The ability to turn undead.
Benefits: This is a spellcasting feat that scales with the highest-level spell slot you have.
- 0: At the cost of 4 of your daily allotted turn uses, you can cause a damage spell to automatically trigger an animate dead spell on targets it slays. You choose whether to raise the sad sappy sucker as a skeleton or zombie. The normal rules for the maximum number of HD animated in one go, as well as the max number of HD controlled at a time, as per animate dead, still apply.
- 1: When this feat's effects animate a dead guy you made, the animate dead spell behaves as if it's being cast with the benefits of desecrate, i.e., the undead animated gain +1 HP per HD, and you can animate double the normal amount of hit dice in one go, i.e., 4HD per caster level, rather than 2HD. In addition to this, you can apply this feat's effects to 3 spells for free per day.
- 3: If you bring a target into the negatives with a fell animating spell, they must pass a Will save with a DC equal to 10 + (Caster Level)/2 + Casting Stat mod or instantly die and have their skeleton pop out under your command or whatever it is you're doing to them.
- 6: The benefits of this feat linger for a number of rounds equal to your Casting Stat modifier - so if you're a typical cleric with 16 Wisdom, you still get to animate the target if someone else kills it within 3 rounds. As an added bonus, the turn cost decreases to 2.
- 9: You can opt to emulate the effects of create undead and create greater undead instead of animate dead. This allows you to raise creatures as shadows, wraiths, etc. Such creatures are automatically under your command when raised, and have a number of hit dice equal to the number of hit dice the sucker you're animating had. The same rules and stipulations and HD limits for controlling undead as per animate dead apply when this aspect of the feat is used.
Facts about "Fell Animate (3.5e Feat)"
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Identifier||3.5e Feat +|
|Prerequisite||The ability to turn undead. +|
|Summary||You shoot people in the face so hard with magic, they feel obligated to get up and serve you later. +|
|Title||Fell Animate +|