A variant of the human race which represent cybernetic augmentations. The limitation of resurrection and healing magic cause more arcane magic-based society to seek alternative treatment for those who are terribly ill, dying or dead. Through magical infusion, some humans can be made into cyborgs, who live and breath like a human but possess many traits and advantage of constructs. A human cyborg is tougher and heal naturally faster than a normal human, however their transformation made them less skilled and ultimately always have some exploitable flaws. Some societies create cyborgs as soldiers and assassins while some individuals seek the transformation for themselves, usually for the extended lifespan.
A human cyborg look like a normal human, except she may have visible mechanical augmentations, even those with more subtle augmentations show some signs under the right circumstances. A sufficiently perceptive individual will eventually figure out cybernetic augmentation of even the most subtle of cyborg unless disguised.
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a human, cyborg has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Human, Cyborg base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A human, cyborg can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- A Human Cyborg receive an additional feat at 1st level.
- Cybernetic (Ex): A Human Cyborg possess many implants and grafts of artificial nature, bridging the gap between living and construct. A cyborg human can be affected by any effect which specifically target or affect construct, such as a construct-bane weapon or a repair spell. A cyborg human qualify for [warforged] feats and items.
- Mechanical Body (Ex): A Human Cyborg receive +1 additional hit points per level and automatically stabilize while dying. She also possess high level of recovery, granting her Rapid Healing equal to twice her character level, as long as she is under 50% hit points and Rapid Healing 1 while above.
- System Flaw (Ex): A cyborg human is not made perfect, indeed at character creation (or cybernization) she must select one of the following system flaw below:
- Compromised Immune System: The human cyborg take a -4 penalty on Fortitude save made against diseases and any disease she suffer from progress twice as rapidly. If she become immune to disease there is a 50% chance her immunity fail to protect her whenever she is about to contract a disease.
- Deficient Self-Repair: The human cyborg do not receive any rapid healing from Mechanical Body and only heal naturally at half the normal rate.
- EMP Vulnerability: The human cyborg suffer from DS 2/Electricity. Additionally whenever she would take an amount of electricity damage equal or higher than her HD, she become fatigued for 1 minute (ignoring immunities). If she is immune or resistant to electricity damage there is 50% that it provide no protection whenever she would receive electricity damage.
- Failing Organs: The human cyrborg's implants are prone to failure and mishaps, reducing her hit points by 2 per level (to a net of -1 per level with Mechanical Body). The human cyborg's age category is the same as a human and is her maximum age is calculated when she reach old age instead of venerable age.
- Mental Programming: The human cyrborg take a -2 penalty on Will save against [Compulsion] effects and possess a single command word. If the command word is spoken she is placed under the effect of suggestion (no save), the cyborg may only be under one of such suggestion at any time, new orders cancel the last ones. If the cyborg human possess immunity to mind-affecting effect or compulsion effect there is 50% chance it does not protect her from any incoming [compulsion] effect.
- Water Susceptibility: While fully immersed in water, the human cyrborg take her HDs in non-lethal damage at the start of each of her turn, this damage cannot be healed until she is dried. If water or other conductible liquid is splashed onto her, she take 1 points of non-lethal damage. If the human cyborg is immune to non-lethal damage this become lethal damage.
Alternate Racial Feature
Prototype Augmentation: The human cyborg receive a powerful augmentation, however the unstable of the nature of the augmentation cause the human cyborg to select two system flaws instead of one. A human cyborg choose her augment for the following list:
- Improved Nightvision: You gain darkvision 120 feet and daylight blindness, you may suppress or resume this ability as a swift action.
- Iron-Armed (Ex): The cyborg has arms of iron (or other strong metals), and thus receive the Improved Unarmed Strike feat as a bonus feat, if she already had it or later gain it her unarmed strike deal damage as if it was one size category larger. Additionally you may apply materials to your unarmed strike as if it was a manufactured weapon.
- Project Barrier (Su): As a swift action you can project a barrier around yourself, granting you a +2 shield bonus to AC and 1 temporary hit points per character level, this do not stack with similar bonus and only last for 1 round. She may use this ability a number of time per day equal to 3 + her Constitution bonus.
- Turbo Speed (Ex): Your land speed increase by 10 ft and she gain a +2 bonus to her initiative.
Table: Human Cyborg Random Starting Ages
| 15 years
Table: Human Cyborg Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 52 years
|| 79 years
|| 105 years
|| +3d20 years
Table: Human Cyborg Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4’ 10”
|| 150 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
|| 4’ 5”
|| 105 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Leziad's Homebrew (3411 Articles)