Human, Krytan (5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The humans of Kryta a race that once dominated the entire continent, but now relatively few remain within their capital city of Divinity's Reach and its outskirts, lush fields filled with farms and agriculture. They tend to be around 5 to 6 feet in height, and weigh 125 to 250 pounds depending on their girth, and their skin color runs the range of pale to extremely dark. Though their gods have for the most part grown silent, humanity is filled with ambition that is not easily quenched.
Strangers in a New Land
Once the human capital was Ascalon, but two hundred years ago the charr, led by the Flame Legion, invaded and burned Ascalon to the ground in an event known as the Searing. After that, humans were led by Prince Rurik and established themselves many miles away in the region of Kryta, where they slowly built a new city, Divinity's Reach. This towering citadel of marble and stone is a testament to human ingenuity and the grit they possess, though centaurs often attack which makes the Seraph, their standing army, and the Shining Blade, the personal guards of her majesty, Queen Jennah, all the more important.
The Six Gods
In the last 250 years, the six gods of humanity have grown silent. They are led by Dwayna, the goddess of air, healing, and light, and consist of Grenth, Balthazar, Melandru, Lyssa, and the youngest goddess, Kormir, who usurped Abaddon's position some centuries ago. Although they do not communicate with humans much, the Six are venerated to this day, with grand statues of the gods dotting the city of Divinity's Reach, and each having a plaza dedicated to them within the city's domain. Despite their distance from worldly affairs, each one has a star sign that each human is born beneath, granting them a measure of their power.
The city of Divinity's Reach appears to be a shining beacon of cleanliness, yet not all is well. Aristocrats and nobles vie for position and power with the Queen, each looking out for their own interests, sometimes to the detriment of the city as a whole. In addition, there is an underclass of citizens that take to banditry in the quieter neighborhoods of the city, and outright bandits and pirates occupy some of the areas outside the city walls in their hidden caves and coves. The Seraph attempt to raid these criminals, yet they always spring back up again, almost as though they have a powerful backer in the shadows.
Blake, Barwick, Cavus, Gathen, Henley, Jaren, Koren, Mathias, Peter, Sahar
Alana, Arinna, Dotta, Fayola, Kaylie, Madelia, Mesannie, Rhodena, Salwa
Brooke, Demard, Duran, Elidor, Harris, Jones, Lawrence, Luen, Mencik, Volkman
- Ability Score Increase. Two different ability score of your choice increase by one.
- Age. Humans can often live to the age of 60, though some have been known to live a few decades longer.
- Alignment. Humans run the gamut of alignments, each one shaped by their own circumstances.
- Size. Humans can often be under 5 feet tall, to just over 6 feet, though the men tend to be a little taller than the women. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Skills. You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Tyrian, and one extra language of your choice..
You were born under the sign of Balthazar, the god of challenge, fire, and war.
- Ability Score Increase: Strength +1
- Chosen of Balthazar. You know the greenflame blade cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the divine favor spell; you must finish a long rest in order to cast the spell again using this trait. Once you reach 5th level, you can also cast the flame blade spell; you must finish a long rest in order to cast the spell again using this trait. Strength is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
You were born under the sign of Dwayna, the goddess of healing, air, and light.
- Ability Score Increase: Constitution +1
- Chosen of Dwayna. As an action, a creature you touch regains 1d6+1 hit points. The healing from this feature increases by 1d6+1 for every two levels you possess after your 1st (2d6+2 at 3rd level, 3d6+3 at 5th level, 4d6+4 at 7th level, and so on). This has no effect on undead or constructs, and you regain the use of this feature at the end of a long rest.
You were born under the sign of Grenth, the god of darkness, ice, and death.
- Ability Score Increase: Intelligence +1
- Chosen of Grenth. You know the chill touch cantrip, using Intelligence as your spellcasting ability score. In addition, when you reduce a creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Intelligence modifier + your level (minimum 1).
You were born under the sign of Kormir, the goddess of order, spirit, and truth.
- Ability Score Increase: Wisdom +1
- Chosen of Kormir. You can cast the see invisibility spell. In addition, you can cast the true strike as a bonus action a number of times equal to your Proficiency bonus. You regain the use of both of these abilities at the end of a long rest, and use Wisdom as the spellcasting ability for these spells.
You were born under the sign of Lyssa, the goddess of beauty, water, and illusion.
- Ability Score Increase: Charisma +1
- Chosen of Lyssa. You know the minor illusion cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the disguise self spell; you must finish a long rest in order to cast the spell again using this trait. Once you reach 5th level, you can also cast the mirror image spell; you must finish a long rest in order to cast the spell again using this trait. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
You were born under the sign of Melandru, the goddess of nature, earth, and growth.
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +1
- Chosen of Melandru. At the end of a long rest, choose one of the following damage types: acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder. You gain resistance to the selected damage type until the end of your next long rest. In addition, choose one of the previous damage types as a bonus action. For the next minute, once per turn when you hit with a weapon or spell attack you can have the target takes 1d6 additional damage of the chosen damage type. You regain the use of this feature at the end of a long rest.
|Ability Mods||Two different ability score of your choice increase by one. +|
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Skills +, Languages +, Chosen of Balthazar +, Chosen of Dwayna +, Chosen of Grenth +, Chosen of Kormir +, Chosen of Lyssa + and Chosen of Melandru +|
|Identifier||5e Race +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Race||Human, Krytan +|
|Subrace Ability Mods||Str +1 +, Con +1 +, Int +1 +, Wis +1 +, Cha +1 + and Dex +1 +|
|Subrace Features||Chosen of Balthazar +, Chosen of Dwayna +, Chosen of Grenth +, Chosen of Kormir +, Chosen of Lyssa + and Chosen of Melandru +|
|Summary||Alternate humans native to Kryta who venerate one of six gods and draw on their power. +|
|Title||Human, Krytan +|