Life Elemental (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A Life Elemental is the manifestation of pure life, and either creates or destroys it. Master healers, that act in many ways as a positive or negative energy elemental. Players who do not want to be spellcasters, but want strong healing (or harming) abilities typically chose to become life elementals.
There is no middle ground, life elementals are either pure positive or negative energy. Positive life elementals are colloquially called “Pos” and Evil life elementals are called “Neg”.
A life elemental is a small-sized creature, without lower limbs; they have a humanoid torso and arms – and float five feet off the ground. A life elemental’s head is composed of many diamond-like shapes (but still mostly humanoid). A life elemental is either white (Pos) or black (Neg).
Pos are liked far and wide, while Neg are feared by all but the undead.
Technically, a life elemental can be any pure alignment. But most Pos are pure Good and Neg pure Evil (yet there are deviant Evil Pos and Good Neg).
Life elementals come from the planet of Lian in the Golbez System.
Many life elementals worship the goddess Celesdra, or other Protection deities. While an equal number worship Destructive and Neutral deities.
All life elementals can speak Common, Abyssal, Auran, Celestial and Infernal.
Life elementals generally take on verbs as names (i.e., heal).
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Life elementals are strong of body and will, and their abilities make them well liked.
- Elemental (Xenoblooded): The elemental type gives the following effects:
- Singularity: Unlike most other living creatures, an elemental does not have a dual nature—its soul and body form one unit. When an elemental is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on an elemental. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection, to restore it to life.
- Immunity to disease, paralysis, poison and death effects.
- Life elementals do not eat, sleep, or breathe.
- Small: As a Small creature, a life elemental gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Slight Build (Ex): The physical stature of life elementals lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a life elemental is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the life elemental is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A life elemental is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A life elemental can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of a life elemental remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Movement Speed: Life elementals have a hover (good) speed of 30’.
- Darkvision: A life elemental can see in the dark up to 40 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a life elemental can function just fine with no light at all.
- Low-Light Vision: A life elemental can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Life Force: All life elementals are pure life energy, and thus get a +4 bonus to Autohypnosis, Concentration and Heal skill checks.
- Naturally Psionic: Life elementals gain 3 bonus power point at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Abilities: At 4HD, 2/day as a standard action, a Pos can manifest biological reconstruction and a Neg virus replication. Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). Additionally, these powers are added to the life elemental's powers known (and can be augmented). At 8HD, a Pos adds cure conditions and a Neg adds psychic crush to its racial powers known. Also, at 8HD the per day limit increases by 1.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal, Auran, Celestial, Common and Infernal.
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret).
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
A life elemental cannot die from old age. All life elementals are gender-less.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||300 years||400 years||+— years|
|Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Summary||A Life Elemental is the manifestation of p … |
A Life Elemental is the manifestation of pure life, and either creates or destroys it. Master healers, that act in many ways as a positive or negative energy elemental. Players who do not want to be spellcasters, but want strong healing (or harming) abilities typically chose to become life elementals.typically chose to become life elementals. +
|Title||Life Elemental +|