Mindspider Infiltrator (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Keep enemies in their place while stunning them and dealing decent damage. Also serves as a master infiltrator.
- Flaws (Unearthed Arcana)
- Complete Arcane
- Complete Warrior
- Lords of Madness
- Champions of Ruin
- Races of Eberron
- Dragon Magic
- Magic Item Compendium
Game Rule Components
Spells, Powers, Soulmelds, Stances, etc...
- Eldritch Glaive
- Frightful Blast
Race (Templates): Changeling
|Saving Throws||Feats|| Class
|1st||Warlock 1||+0||+0||+0||+2||Power Attack, Stand Still, Weapon Focus (Eldritch Blast)||Eldritch Blast 1d6|
|2nd||Warlock 2||+1||+0||+0||+3||Detect Magic|
|3rd||Warlock 3||+2||+1||+1||+3||Persona Immersion||Damage Reduction 1/Cold Iron, Eldritch Blast 2d6|
|4th||Warlock 4||+3||+1||+1||+4||Deceive Item|
|5th||Warlock 5||+3||+1||+1||+4||Eldritch Blast 3d6|
|6th||Warlock 6||+4||+2||+2||+5||Combat Reflexes|
|8th||Cabinet Trickster 1||+4||+4||+4||+9||Detect Thoughts 2/day, Doppelganger Insights|
|9th||Cabinet Trickster 2||+5||+4||+5||+10||Mindsight, Quick Change||Thought Trick (Daze)|
|10th||Cabinet Trickster 3||+6||+5||+5||+10||Detect Thoughts 4/day, Thought Trick (Disrupt)|
|11th||Cabinet Trickster 4||+7||+5||+6||+11||Disturbing Visage||Thought Trick (Confuse)|
|12th||Cabinet Trickster 5||+7||+5||+6||+11||Martial Study (Crusader's Strike)||Change Shape, Detect Thoughts at will, Thought Trick (Stun)|
|13th||Mindspy 1||+8||+5||+5||+13||Anticipate, Combat Telepathy, Spherical Detect Thoughts|
|14th||Mindspy 2||+9||+5||+5||+14||Faster Mindscan|
|15th||Mindspy 3||+10||+6||+6||+14||Martial Stance (Thicket of Blades)||Multiple Detect Thoughts (Two)|
|16th||Mindspy 4||+11||+6||+6||+15||Instant Mindscan|
|17th||Mindspy 5||+12||+6||+6||+15||Multiple Detect Thoughts (Four)|
|18th||Sneak Attack Fighter 1||+13||+8||+6||+15||Craven||+1d6 Sneak Attack||Build has reached full potential|
|19th||Warshaper 1||+13||+10||+6||+15||Morphic Immunities, Morphic Weapons|
|20th||Warshaper 2||+14||+11||+7||+16||Morphic Body|
At level 20: Warlock 6 / Mindbender 1 / Cabinet Trickster 5 / Mindspy 5 / Fighter 1 / Warshaper 2
(After that, take more levels in Warshaper, then concentrate on improving Eldritch Glaive damage by going towards Hellfire Warlock.)
Items of Note
- Veil of Allure
- Greater Chausable of Fell Power
- Gloves of Eldritch Admixture
- Glamered armor to be able to change both your appearance and clothing at will.
- Assumed stats at level 20:
- Str: 16 (Base) + 5 (Level) + 6 (Item) + 5 (Tome) + 4 (Morphic Body) = 36 (+13)
- Cha: 14 (Base) + 6 (Item) = 20 (+5)
- Attack Bonus: 14 (BAB) + 13 (Str) + 1 (Weapon Focus) - 14 (Power Attack) + 5 (Anticipate) = +19/+14/+9 (Touch attacks)
- Damage (when they're stunned): 3d6 (Eldritch Blast) + 1d6 (Sneak Attack) + 2d6 (Greater Chausable of Fell Power) + 19 (Two-Handed Strength) + 28 (Two-Handed Power Attack) + 20 (Craven) = 6d6+67
- Total damage per attack comes out to 88 (on average). Should all attacks hit, that's 264 damage.
- Full attack enemies with Eldritch Glaive all the while keeping them away from you with the combination of Stand Still and Thicket of Blades.
- Continually Detect Thoughts on those around you and Stun them with Thought Trick.
- Be enlarged, or snag a Psionic Tattoo of (augmented) Expansion to have a bigger threatening area for bigger zone control.
- A psionic tattoo of Strength of My Enemy will add strength damage to your attack,
- SR strongly neuters the powers of Eldritch Glaive.
- Teleporting foes.
- Defenses apart from AC (illusions, concealment, etc).
- Can switch freely between Mindspy and Cabinet Trickster levels after the first level of Cabinet Trickster.
- Instead of the SA Fighter, you can grab any class that gives you a die of Sneak Attack. Popular examples include the Lurk, Rogue, Spellthief, or Ninja. However, the Swordsage (who can take Assassin's Stance for 2d6 Sneak Attack damage) is not advisable since that will preclude you from being in the Thicket of Blades stance. Taking a different class than the SA Fighter will lead to a loss of BAB, however, and 2 less damage per attack from Power Attack.
The core of this build is the synergy between Mindspy and Cabinet Trickster. With these as a core, just about any martially-oriented base can be used, and even better if it can have high charisma for the DC of the Cabinet Trickster's abilities.
|Article Balance||High +|
|Final Class Progression||Warlock 6 / Mindbender 1 / Cabinet Trickster 5 / Mindspy 5 / Fighter 1 / Warshaper 2 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Optimized Character Build +|
|Summary||Keep enemies in their place while stunning them and dealing decent damage. Also serves as a master infiltrator. +|
|Title||Mindspider Infiltrator +|