Octoxeno (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Octoxeno tentacle covered heads and purple bodies make them stick way out in a crowd. They are usually highly mystical, have incredible knowledge and insight.
Octoxeno can be from 2’- 3' tall, and are of slight build, weighting from 11-30lbs. Females are bigger than males. Octoxeno are light purple in color, with brownish orange eyes, and two thirds their body weight is their head. But the most remarkable feature of octoxeno is their tentacles below their heads – which are in constant motion. Octoxeno tentacles are sucker-less. Two of the tentacles are longer than the others, and are used as their primary arms. While the other six are significantly weaker, and can be used as arms or legs. All tentacles protrude from beneath the head, the elongated tentacles are anterior to the others. Octoxeno bodies are non-existent, instead most their organs are housed within the posterior part of their heads (brain is in anterior).
Octoxeno can change their skin color to blend into their surroundings.
Relations and History
Octoxeno are particularly widespread as a species - found in all types of lands. But are usually sparse. Being thus, they are highly adapted to mingling with other races; and are thought of as fun-loving small sages. A stereotype octoxeno enjoy, due to their vulnerabilities. They exploit underestimation.
Octoxeno are one of the original three societies that made The Fleet. Still maintaining their pivotal role in Fleet culture today.
Octoxeno are an especially versatile race, they can be found in almost all environments. Yet most have an extraordinary hate for the cold, thus are rare (but not unheard of) in colder climates. Octoxeno have no known homeland, and have been roaming the planes for many an age.
Common, Abyssal, Celestial, and Infernal
- -4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: A octoxeno's intelligence and wisdom compensates for their weak, clumsy and frail bodies.
- Outsider (Xenoblooded)
- Small: As a Small creature, an octoxeno gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Slight Build (Ex): The physical stature of octoxenos lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever an octoxeno is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the octoxeno is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. An octoxeno is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. An octoxeno can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of an octoxeno remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Octoxeno base land speed is 20'.
- Low-Light Vision: An octoxeno can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Eight Tentacles: An octoxeno has eight tentacles. However, only two are strong enough to use small-sized weapons, and at least four are needed to stand upright. However, that still leaves two weaker tentacles which can be used to reload weapons or use items. Additionally, an octoxeno is eligible to take the multiweapon fighting feat.
- Naturally Psionic: Octoxeno gain 3 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Ability: 3/day(total)—know direction and location, sensitivity to psychic impressions.
- Charming (Ex): Octoxeno are charming, giving them a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Gather Information and Sense Motive checks.
- Camouflage (Ex): A octoxeno can change their skin color, giving them a +4 racial bonus on Disguise and Hide checks.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Common and Infernal.
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret).
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
- Favored Class: Psion, or Force Conduit (if in a futuristic setting), or Judge of Existence (if your GM allows)
- Paragon Class: Guide
- Common Classes: Knowledge Mage, Proteus
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||100 years||200 years||+4d10+20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1’ 10”||+2d6||8 lb.||× (3d4) lb.|
|Female||2’ 0”||+2d6||12 lb.||× (3d6) lb.|
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Psion +, Force Conduit + and Judge of Existence +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-4 Strength +, -2 Dexterity +, -2 Constitution +, +2 Intelligence + and +2 Wisdom +|
|Summary||Octoxeno tentacle covered heads and purple bodies make them stick way out in a crowd. +|