You can find your way even when it would be impossible for others.
Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Survival.
- 0 ranks: You suffer no penalties to movement when you are unable to see (such as when blinded or in an area with insufficient light).
- 4 ranks: You gain a +4 bonus to Survival checks to avoid getting lost, or to find your way if you are lost.
- 9 ranks: You can ignore all difficult terrain, even if it's magically generated. You do not have to make Climb checks to scale slopes (but you still need Climb checks to climb walls).
- This ability only applies to terrain that impedes movement; it doesn't apply to something that outright blocks movement, such as a wall. It also does not grant you climb, fly, or swim speeds, so walls, chasms, and bodies of water are still obstacles to your progress. However, when encountering terrain that requires a skill check to cross successfully, you may move at your full speed or the described speed +10 feet, whichever is less, if you make the check (for instance, if a successful Swim check allows you to move up to half your land speed, you can instead move up to (half your land speed +10) or your land speed, whichever is lower). If you fail the check, you suffer the usual consequences.
- 14 ranks: You may apply half your ranks in Survival to skill checks to navigate through dangerous terrain, such as Balance, Climb, Jump, and Swim checks.
- 19 ranks: You gain a +4 bonus to all relevant attack-resisting values (such as Armor Class, saving throws, spell resistance, and ability checks) against effects that would interfere with your navigational ability or can be escaped by good navigational ability (such as maze and illusions that obfuscate terrain, such as false path and look out below). You also are entitled to saves against such illusions as soon as you see them; you do not have to interact with them first (though interacting with such illusions grants you a second save if you failed the first one).
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Character Options → Scaling Feats
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Tome Material → Skill Feats