Pygga (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Pygga are small, urban fey appearing in the form of small, anthropomorphic pigs. They are born out of wild desire and greed and can find really gross mushrooms pretty much everywhere.
Pygga have varied personalities, although they are pretty much all greedy, perverted and obsess over seemingly random things. They tend to be curious but mostly attempt to avoid danger and the attention of more powerful creatures. They also highly enjoy openly taunting creatures, although given their short stature, frail body and cowardly attitude, they tend to flee as fast as possible afterwards.
Pygga have a very short stature, measuring about the same height as a halfling except they are much heavier and fatter. Pygga look like cartoony, small pigs with a humanoid posture. They have hooves for feet much like pigs and hands with fingers and opposable thumbs. Their pig features tend to be exaggerated and their few humanoid features are faint or downplayed.
Pyggas are annoying thieves and perverts, but they are fey, and people generally know better than to go out of their way to mess with fey. Pyggas are (rightfully) mistrusted and rejected by the bulk of societies. Nymphs tend to harbor a particular dislike of pyggas.
Pyggas can be of any alignment but tend toward being chaotic.
Pyggas exist both as urban and wild fey, thus reside in both cities or in nature. They do not have land of their own and many share the same communities as other fey.
Pyggas can be of any religion, but like most fey, they tend to disregard religion and worship gods of nature. Gods of greed, lust or pigs are also popular among pyggas.
Pygga's main language is Sylvan. They often communicate with fey and humanoid so the overwhelming majority know Common as well.
Pygga don't actually name their children. Each pygga chooses its own name when it comes into adulthood. Names can range from "Honk Pyg" to "Sir Sockbane" to mundane names like "Bill".
- -2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom: Pygga are pretty damn agile and hardy, but are weak in both body and willpower.
- Fey (Anthro): Pyggas are small, pig-like humanoids.
- Small: As a Small creature, a pygga gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Pygga base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A pygga can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Scent: Pyggas possess powerful noses capable of keenly detecting smells. Pyggas possess the scent ability.
- Pyggas gain a +2 bonus on Hide, Move Silently and Search skill checks.
- Expert Taunter (Ex): Once per day a pygga may taunt an enemy as the Goad feat. If the pygga possess this feat, the DC to resist the taunt increases by +2 instead.
- Cowardly Heart (Ex): Pyggas take a -4 penalty on Will saving throw against [Fear] effects. Whenever she would be frightened, she is shaken instead. Whenever she would be panicked or cowering, she is shaken and staggered instead. Pyggas are able to act with clarity despite being afraid, giving them a false reputation as fearless creatures.
- Obsession: Pyggas are known to be really obsessive about particular items, partly because they are fey made of greed. Once per week they may choose one item or type of item as the target of their obsession (this could be a specific item or a general item, such as "left sock", "swords with green hilts" or "the lost sword of King Arnold S."). They are able to scent this particular type of item with their scent ability at a tripled range (usually 90 feet) and gain a +4 bonus on all skill and ability check when dealing with the item (such as appraising or pick-pocketing it) until they change their obsession again.
- Pervert: Pyggas are known to be especially perverted, being fey born from greed and desire. At character creation choose a gender (or both if you want I guess). Whenever she witnesses a creature of that gender in an erotic or suggestive situation, she becomes fascinated (Will save DC 10 +1/2 HD + the creature's Charisma modifier negate). This fascination effect only happens once per particular distraction and only creatures of the humanoid, monstrous humanoid, giant, outsider, fey or a creature appearing to be one of those type can cause the pygga to become fascinated.
- Scent Mushroom: Pyggas are able to find weird mushrooms pretty much everywhere. After searching for 1d4 minutes a pygga can duplicate the effect of goodberry, although they find foul-tasting (for anyone not a pygga) mushrooms instead of berries. For creatures who are not pygga, eating one such "berry" causes sickness for 1 hour or nausea for 1 round. If they choose nausea, they do not gain nourishment from the mushroom (as they wretch and heave).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Bard or Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age4|
|300 years||600 years||900 years||Indefinite|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+2d4||90 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Female||2' 6"||+2d4||80 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Bard + and Rogue +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Constitution +, +2 Dexterity + and -2 Wisdom +|
|Summary||Pygga are small, urban fey appearing in the form of small, anthropomorphic pigs. They are born out of wild desire and greed and can find really gross mushrooms pretty much everywhere. +|