Replicant Human (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Artificial humans made out of synthetic meat and bone and grown within factories most are not granted free will but with enough time and strange events, one might awaken to self-actualization. The replicant human race are the examples of those who have achieved free will through one means or another.
Replicant humans are born with a purpose, their free will suppressed or never there in the first place. However by some strange and unknown means some replicants break free and gain free will of their own. They already are born with a history, but often only a dim personality that grows with time.
As artificial humans, they look like the humans they are designed after. Many are mass produced with similar or identical appearances, sometimes generic humans or sometimes with oddities not found in nature such as abnormally colored hair or eyes. Their human appearance only runs skin deep as their internals are built and function differently. They are indeed organic, but they possess new and alien organs made of non-traditional materials such as silicon and carbon fiber. Their blood is bright orange, strange cybernetics are built into their internal organs and brain and capable of interfacing with electronics from the outside, they have a carapace under their skin of plastic and steel, and most importantly they possess a hard "seed" within their gut known as a black box which all replicant humans possess. The box can be removed via a specialized cybernetic hatches on the torso appearing as small scars and lines along major access points on the replicant where easy surgical maintenance can be performed on their fleshy bits.
Artificial humans technically have no need for gender, but many were designed to appear as human as possible and act accordingly. Regardless of equipment they do not breed true normally and must use birthing forges to generate more of their kind. Biological data is fed into the forge and the forge literally 3D prints additional replicant humans out over the course of days, depending on quality, detail, and efficiency. Even once created, these new life forms will have no drive until programmed which can often take far longer than building the body.
In theory, two replicant humans can donate genetic data and in this way reproduce, the child appearing as a genetic and cybernetic blend of its source hosts.
Only recently having gained personalities, their surroundings often shape their experiences and thus their relations with others. Rare as free will is amongst their kind, each replicant's experiences and thus relations will vary wildly.
Replicant humans can be any alignment, though newly awakened ones often start as true neutral.
Replicant humans can only be found in places where the high technology of their birthing forges can be found.
Replicant humans have no inherent call to religion, and no culture inherent to support it.
Replicant humans speak Common.
Replicant humans are usually given serial codes, and such the first prime example of free will is the adoption of a name to be called other than a number.
- Humanoid (Bot, Human): Almost human, yet a machine. They are constructs that mimic humanity so well there is barely a difference for the purpose of magic.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a replicant human has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Replicant Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- Bot Interface (Sp): The replicant human can replicate the effect of bot interface at will, but only with a range of touch, as a standard action, and a duration of concentration. You may make program checks as part of your concentration. Ill suited for combat, it is largely used for interacting with other machines. Using it on another replicant human is considered a grave hostile action except in the more strange circumstance, but replicant humans with free will cannot be reprogrammed and in fact have found a more benign use: duplicating the effects of mindlink with another electronic devices and amongst their own kin, but only as long as they concentrate.
- Free Will (Ex): As a free willed machine, the replicant human cannot be programmed as their other kin may be. Their resistance also provides some resistance to enhancement effects, granting a +2 bonus on saving throws against spells and effects from the school of enchantment. This counts as the Still Mind class feature of a monk, and stacks with Still Mind.
- Pseudo-Construct Traits: Though humanoid type, the replicants are also very much constructs as they are "built" rather than grown and they are composed of both natural and artificial organs and materials. They do not possess the normal bot traits, but instead hold the following traits. Replicants eat and breathe but their only dietary requirements are water and trace minerals usually found in water (though most prefer to consume food for the taste). They do not sleep but they do trance like elves. If denied nourishment or air they do not die, but rather fall inert until the time that nourishment or air is restored. Their unique biology also renders them immune to disease and sleep effects.
- Replicants do not heal naturally, but are repaired like constructs. They benefit from both positive energy and repair spells equally. They can always make repairs on themselves over the course of 8 hours gaining hp and repairing ability damage as a normal human resting provided they have 50 gp in raw materials for the night to work on themselves or others. They count as both constructs and humanoid (human) types.
- Replicants who are rendered less than 0 hp but greater than -10 are inert instead of dying. They are still is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert replicant does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable. They technically do not possess souls and are thus immune to any effect which would alter or effect the soul but their black box provides them with a soul substitute, as long as the plane of Mechanus or the physical box can be accessed.
- Skills: Like humans, replicant humans gain 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level. Program is always a class skill for them.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages)
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||100 years||150 years||+Unlimited years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||140 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||105 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||None +|
|Subtype||Bot, Human +|
|Summary||Artificial humans made out of synthetic meat and bone and grown within factories most are not granted free will but with enough time and strange events, one might awaken to self-actualization. +|
|Title||Replicant Human +|