Snakeblooded Human (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Humans descended from yuan-ti stock, the ancient serpent blood within them gives them great powers of persuasion and guile.
The stereotype of snakeblooded humans is that they are not to be trusted, for these silver tongued deceivers are sociopaths simply out for power. Perhaps because they are influenced by the blood, or more likely a result of simply growing to expectations, many of them do tend to be charismatic leaders of men. Of course, not all use this power for evil but it does make it much more tempting to abuse power if one has it. Few in number, most snakeblooded humans hide their presence among others and simply blend in with the rest of humanity.
Most snakeblooded humans are almost indistinguishable from normal humans, but always have a few key points off. Often they have snake eyes, or on close inspection their skin is actually fine scales. Some break from traditional earth tones and come in various shades of green instead. And almost universally, their canine teeth are a tad sharper and their tongue longer and slightly (or significantly) forked. The blood is weak in them, and normally they can pass as normal humans with no penalty to disguises. Otherwise they are human, including being of warm blood and live birthed.
A good snakeblooded human never reveals their origin, passing off as simply human. For to be discovered is to invite prejudice, deserved or not, and this rarely meshes with their intention.
Actual yuan-ti find snakeblooded humans to be sick mockeries of their purebloods, and will often be hostile on sight.
While snakeblooded humans can be of any alignment and are as varies as humans, because so many end up in positions of power they tend towards lawful, and slightly evil, means more often than not.
Snakeblooded humans appear naturally in human civilizations, throwbacks to the old blood.
Snakeblooded humans grow up among other humans and thus adopt their culture's gods, though some may delve into their history and choose to follow the ancient snake gods of old.
Snakeblooded humans speak Common and Yuan-ti.
Snakeblooded humans grow up among humans, and thus have human names.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Smart, cunning, and charismatic, snakeblooded humans are simply better than their kin.
- Humanoid (Human, Reptilian): They are humans with snake blood after all.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a snakeblooded human has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Snakeblooded Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A snakeblooded human can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a snakeblooded human can function just fine with no light at all.
- Bonus Feat: Snakeblood humans gain a bonus feat as a human.
- Immunities (Ex): Snakeblood humans are immune to poison.
- Parseltongue (Ex): A snakeblooded has the ability to constantly speak with animals at will, except it only applies to snakes.
- Skills: Snakeblooded humans have a +2 racial bonus on all Charisma ability and skill checks.
- Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will- detect poison.
- Snake Bloodline: Choose one of the following racial traits.
- Beguiler (Ex): The snakeblooded human gains a +1 bonus on Enhancement spell DCs.
- Scaled Skin (Ex): The snakeblooded human has +2 natural armor.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Yuan-ti
- Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Intelligence +, +2 Wisdom + and +2 Charisma +|
|Subtype||Human, Reptilian +|
|Summary||Humans descended from yuan-ti stock, the ancient serpent blood within them gives them great powers of persuasion and guile. +|
|Title||Snakeblooded Human +|