|This article is based on material by:|
Sturm Brightblade was a Hero of the Lance. He bears the sword Brightblade, a two-handed sword that is said never to break unless its owner breaks first. He wears his father's armor, that of a Knight of the Rose, and has a large mustache, a symbol of where his allegiances are. He is honorable to a fault, and his greatest wish is to restore the honor of the Knighthood, which has fallen into disgrace since the Cataclysm. He is later accepted into the Order of the Crown and placed as commander of the Knights of the Crown at the High Clerist's Tower. He sacrifices himself to buy time for Laurana and the other Knights, being killed by Kitiara Uth Matar.
- Margaret Weis, Don Perrin, Jamie Chambers, Christopher Coyle (2003). Dragonlance Campaign Setting. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3086-1.
- Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Jamie Chambers (2004). War of the Lance. Sovereign Press. ISBN 193156714X. p.279.
- Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman (November 1984). Dragons of Autumn Twilight. TSR. ISBN 0-88038-173-6.
- Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman (1985). Dragons of Winter Night. TSR. ISBN 0-88038-174-4.
- Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman (1985). Dragons of Spring Dawning. TSR. ISBN 0-88038-175-2.