Sublime Githzerai (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A githzerai that works more appropriately with the Tome of Battle and martial maneuvers.
From the safety of their secluded monasteries on the plane of Limbo, githzerai hone their minds and bodies in order to fight the githyanki and illithid. Lacking in numbers and resources, the githzerai utilize the Setting Sun to nullify their oppoenents attacks and create combos to utilize their strong fists.
In many ways identical to the githyanki, who were once their compatriots and brothers-in-arms against their common illithid enemy, githzerai have rejected many of the militant concepts of their githyanki cousins. That said, they have accepted that for them to truly live in the solitude they seek they must first settle the conflicts with both their former captors and former allies.
- Humanoid (Extraplanar): To get away from their hated githyanki brethren, the githzerai fled to Limbo and have maintained their homes there ever since.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Githzerai has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Githyanki base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A githzerai can see in the dark up to 120 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a githzerai can function just fine with no light at all.
- Maneuver-Like Abilities: Any githzerai can use the Moment of Perfect Mind counter as a maneuver-like ability. When a githzerai reaches Challenge Rating 3, they can also use the Sundial Twist Kick counter. The first of these maneuvers is from the Diamond Mind discipline, and the second from the Setting Sun.
- Sage of the Setting Sun: A githzerai that takes the Martial Study or Martial Stance feat has an effective initiator level equal to their character level (instead of the normal ½ character level for non-adept classes) if the maneuver learned is from the Setting Sun martial discipline. The githzerai’s maneuver-like abilities also count as maneuvers known for the purposes of selecting additional maneuvers from these feats.
- Every githzerai has honed its own body into a lethal weapon, possessing a slam attack that deals 1d8 points of damage, adds their Strength modifer to damage and gives iterative attacks based on their Base Attack Bonus. This attack is treated as an unarmed strike for the purposes of counting as a dicipline weapon for martial maneuvers. If the githzerai takes a level in monk, the slam attack damage is increased by one size.
- +2 bonus on Sense Motive and Concentration checks
- Automatic Languages: Githzerai.
- Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Githyanki, Infernal, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Monk or Swordsage
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Author||ThunderGod Cid +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||None +|
|Summary||A githzerai that works more appropriately with the Tome of Battle and martial maneuvers. +|
|Title||Sublime Githzerai +|