Talk:Sword Sharp (5e Campaign Setting)/Races
Hey guys I just wanted to ask you a question. Recently I have read a book on mythical monsters from cultures around the world and one of them is a humanoid with the lower part of the body being that of a taruntulas and I think I might include it in the list races. I want your opinion onion you want this race to exist or not
xX the memenist Xx 22:45, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
- I have no opinion on the matter, but why not just use Driders for that purpose? -- Eiji-kun (talk) 22:48, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
- I think that driders are too big and I want a race that fits the niche of a eastern Asian culture xX the memenist Xx 11:31, 1 June 2016 (UTC)
- they are large. Do you even 5e bro ? xX the memenist Xx 21:22, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
- Actually, I do not.
- I've played one game of 5e. Enough to know some things, not enough to claim system mastery or knowledge. That's why I haven't commented as much, since a more avid player like Span would know more than me. All I know is that 5e has many similarities to 3.5e, which is why I guessed correctly that driders exist and they are large. I know not to bite off something too big to chew here.
- Some differences I noticed between 5e and 3.5e is that 5e removed the minus to certain stats while 3.5e made it easier to create NPCs with class levels some are minor like how 5e has all the same classes as 3.5e except with the addition of the warlock P.S. What Are the stats of your 5e character (example: John Doe : 10th level drow sorcerer) xX the memenist Xx 18:32, 3 June 2016 (UTC)
So not really an update since the official Aarakocra was released for 5e about a year before this was written I was wondering why this Aarakocra is weaker than the official one. This one's only defining trait is that flight and the flight it has is 5 feet slower than the official one? Aarakocra was found in the free Elemental Evil...well it's not really a book. It's only 25 pages... but you can find that on WotC's official site here [] - Aeturo (talk) 23:46, 24 February 2017 (MST)
- you might not know this but D&D adventurers league has banned the use of Aarakocra due to it's pretty fast flying speed so I decided to nerf it XX the memenist Xx (talk) 10:03, 25 February 2017 (MST)
- I knew a lot of people thought it was OP but not that it was banned. Your version has the same problem I hear about the other where their higher than average speed and dex bonus make them the go to for barbarians or monks since you can boost that movement even higher. I've never personally had a problem with the birdmen at my table. I think people overreacted - Aeturo (talk) 11:42, 25 February 2017 (MST)
Maybe God stays in heaven because he is afraid of what he's created... -- Eiji-kun (talk) 19:32, 16 March 2017 (MDT)