User talk:Ganteka Future
Please, leave comments below.
- 1 Comments
- 2 Rating/Review Request
- 3 A Favor
- 4 A Helpful Glance
- 5 Semanticing up races
- 6 Background Image Effect
- 7 Like / Dislike Images
- 8 Thanks!
- 9 Stewardship
- 10 New Image Requests
- 11 Ratings Update
- 12 Ratings Request
- 13 Your Socks
- 14 Dear Guntank
- 15 Arm Day
- 16 Table Nonsense
- 17 This is a message.
- 18 #set
- 19 Thanks for the watch
- 20 Character Page
- 21 Vocwel
- 22 Please rate
- 23 Aura Seal — Refinement Request
- 24 orginazation
- 25 Questions
- 26 About My Sandbox
- 27 Logo
- 28 Hello ?
- 29 Newer Version of a Image
- 30 Galena Genetics.
- 31 Formatting Help
- 32 Apology
- 33 Skandar
- 34 Dag
From Ethereal1111. Thank you for the input and I apologize for any inconvenience to you. In my defense, I have no idea what I am doing and this is my first attempt to creating any page on a wiki. I was learned as I went along by checking out other pages. Again sorry
- Thank you for the deletion, some had been tagged for years.--Franken Kesey 18:37, 17 April 2019 (MDT)
While unnecessary, I would like for some of my articles to have ratings. The articles that I find ready for said endeavour are as follows: Force Conduit (3.5e Class),
Ghost (3.5e Prestige Class), and Uongo-mijusi (3.5e Race). Then again, you may find some or all of those mentioned to be unworthy of your rating. In which case any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you again --Franken Kesey 01:08, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- Requesting your review or rating of the following articles: Wildknife (3.5e Class), Hothead (3.5e Feat), Dream Lord (3.5e Prestige Class), Judge of Existence (3.5e Class), and Force Conduit (3.5e Class). Thank you.--Franken Kesey 09:12, 25 April 2019 (MDT)
I know I used up all my favors a long time ago, so I only ask of one more. I am personally requesting this favor from Tarkisflux, Eiji-kun, NameViolation, and Ganteka Future - but if any hospitable user wishes to answer the call I am open. I had incorrectly understood that this wiki (meaning the last one as well) was intended as a community work space, and everyone had a voice. One that was not to be squandered over trivial matters. But have found over time that name and name alone separate it from the paleo-wiki. You changed the address, but the bankers are all the same. Most of the users here are not schmucks, but it only takes a few. So I have grown tired of these "rational thinkers", these couch potatoes who don't know squat. So I will be formally leaving this wiki. And am asking if someone could look after what little work I leave behind. You four seem to be the wisest of the lot. Not using this wiki as a front for acting smart. I can take a certain amount abuse - and have played the mad for some time. But the stuff here is utterly intolerable. Thank you, and good luck - the madness has been the only way I've stayed sane. --Franken Kesey 06:18, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
A Helpful Glance
If you could please have a look at my latest creation found here: http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/User:Stryker-Fyre/Sandbox , it would be much appreciated, thankyou.--Stryker 04:06, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
Semanticing up races
- I sort of was putting off doing this myself. Yeah, it needs to be done eventually, and if you want to do it, it'd lower my amount of work. --Havvy 23:17, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I can work on that, though it'll have to be on Monday the 6th at the earliest. I've got a time-sensitive project to work on until then. --Ganteka Future 00:45, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
- No worries, like I said it's just an "if you have time" thing. I'm working on them when I've got time as well, got the first couple of sections done already. - Tarkisflux 17:54, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
Background Image Effect
Is there anyway to put an image into the background? (Transposing directly over it.) Other styling effects would also be intresting. --Franken Kesey 05:14, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- As far as I know, no. --Ganteka Future 20:29, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
Like / Dislike Images
Could I talk you into doing images for the like / dislike votes in the new rating scheme? Preferably similar to the current "word in front of crest" style that we have for the RC stuff? - Tarkisflux 03:59, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'll probably be on IRC sometime in the evening. I'll make a point to be around for a while in that regards to discuss stuff. Since I have all the original files in fancy vector formats, new images should be pretty easy to whip up. I'll probably present a series of roughs (like 3) to have the community pick from... unless I happen to whip up something I like very much that works first try. --Ganteka Future 21:02, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- I appreciate it, but you should maybe hold off actually. I'm waiting on Ghost to tell me if he really wants to be able to put work in on sorta liking something, in which case it goes to a vote and this might jump to 4 images. I'd rather have a solid plan in place so your time isn't wasted. Unless you want to do concepts for this stuff, in which case have at :-) - Tarkisflux 22:02, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
If I am not mistaken you probably just re-linked all my subtitution levels with the recorrected Eijilund Plushie title. Thanks, you've a sharp eye! -- Eiji-kun 04:33, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for the help with the wiki cleanup. I'm still trying to learn my way around, and most of it has been research and harmless trial and error. I'm a little embarrassed that I could not solve that on my own, so thank you. Gr7mm Bobb (talk) 14:21, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
Can you look after my stuff? I neither have time or energy for the vigil that I possessed before. Much of my work has been remove due to minor problems, as well as me not being here to defend them. I would also appreciated if you could revive Frankensteins creations - the face was ugly, yet the mind and heart still may be of use. --Franken Kesey 01:20, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
New Image Requests
I was hoping I could get you to whip up about 4 new images for the wiki:
- A "Community Favorite" image. Basically the RatedLove image with different text.
- A "Community Opposed" image. Basically the RatedHate image with different text.
- A sort of warning / incentive image for articles with talk page comments but no ratings.
- An actual warning image for articles with neither talk page comments nor ratings.
These would be preferably not too obnoxious, and not ugly. Hopefully doing images instead of obnoxious text colors (as seen here) will lead to a nicer reading experience for all. And if you have any color concerns about that page otherwise, I'd appreciate hearing them. - Tarkisflux Talk 00:04, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- Thoughts for the unrated and undiscussed images:
- Undiscussed - The neutral shield, mostly translucent, with a big red exclamation point on top of it.
- Unrated - The neutral shield again, less translucent, with a big blue question mark on top of it.
- Rated - this is a new one, so that there's a pic for everything. Neutral shield again, with "Rated" on top of it or something.
- And then, as indicated above, there's a pic for everything, the pics are tied together among themselves and the ratings, and the changes in the Author block are more consistent. Thoughts? - Tarkisflux Talk 01:36, 13 July 2012 (UTC)
- For ArticleUnrated, can you center it more or pull the spare pixels off the side so it has as many on the back as ArticleUndiscussed? It's the only one that isn't centered in the display, and it's kind of weird. I think you could also afford to make them slightly larger if you thought it would be helpful for image clarity.
- Alright, centered. For some reason I thought "hey, this should line up with the Undiscussed image on the left". Yeah, that looked weird. The blue exclamation point was a bit dark too, didn't pop enough, brightened that up a bit as well. Hopefully this is all set, as I'll be gone for a week starting tomorrow. As for image size, I could render them out at a higher resolution, but I'd rather avoid making the author box much larger (I happen to dislike scrolling). If anyone addresses readability concerns though, I can take that into account and boost if necessary. --Ganteka Future 03:09, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- I was thinking that a 20-50% boost would just bring the horizontal resolution to the standard author box size, without pushing the box down much. And as most articles aren't scrolling due to author size, and the author box itself never gets that large, I didn't think it would be a big deal. But we can certainly sit on them for a week and see how they go before making any changes. Enjoy your trip, and thanks again! - Tarkisflux Talk 04:21, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
Having sat on them for a week, I'm reasonably happy with their size. But the image floodgates have been opened, so there's a few other things that have been kicked around as possibly needing an image to be more easily spotted in the author block. Specifically balance tags and a homebrew noticey thing (since the old homebrew template will not be coming back). So if you're back, I was hoping you would be willing to lend your talents and style to a few more images. Here's what I'm thinking:
- Balance pics with an actual balance (crappy placeholder reference here), with the scales at different places for different balance levels. And the balance level itself across the front in text. We would need 5 total, one for L, M, H, VH, and Unquant. If you're worried about vertical space, using a small pic with text to the left of right of it (to avoid obscuring it) would probably work nicely (and you really do have about 200 px to work with to fit it in there).
- A homebrew pic done in a horizontal banner or pennant style like you see blowing in the wind from a lance in "period" pieces. (long triangular or rectangular, as most appropriate). This probably just needs the word "Homebrew" or "Homebrew work" or whatever on it.
While I'd love it if you could work some of these up, it's worth pointing out that they may not actually get used since discussion is ongoing. But if you're willing to do it anyway, or do something that you think sounds better, I'd appreciate it. - Tarkisflux Talk 05:46, 22 July 2012 (UTC)
- As for the Balance images, I drew up a scale, it looks good n'all, but the text on the side just isn't cutting it for me, and honestly, I think I'd rather have the text be actual text for linking purposes like it currently is (possibly one link as Balance and one for the given balance range of the article itself). This would probably be a fairly simple templated table inserted into the Author box, something like:
|Fake Author Box!
- While I'm not set on having the other balance ranges listed, it does allow for people to instantly see where on the range the particular balance of an article falls into. Hmmm... perhaps that box would look better with the default wiki background color or even the left navigation area color, let's see:
|Wiki Backdrop Color!
|Left Navigation Area Color!
- Wiki backdrop color (E9DDA2) definitely pops the best, though I'm not sure how it's gonna look inside a full author box next to all that other stuff.
- As for the Homebrew waving pennant banner, is this thing gonna likely be something like 400 px wide or so and at the top of every homebrew article as a sort of disclaimer? --Ganteka Future 19:17, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- I plugged that into my mock ups and played with it a bit (link. It doesn't really look good in the side by side format with everything else centered, so I went with top and bottom and doubled it up. If you wanted to do a pic with two scales at different angles, that might fit better than my current thingy.
- The homebrew banner is intended to sit at the top of the author block (revised or otherwise), not at the top of the page, to draw attention to the authorship, balance, and rating information. Trying not to draw the eye to multiple areas of the page with it. - Tarkisflux Talk 20:37, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Alright, finally got a suitable version of the homebrew banner uploaded for reviewal. Gave me some trouble with readability and design, had to cut some elements out. Not sure it pops out enough now, but it is readable. I can tinker with the scale of it if necessary as well, as well as make any other changes if needed. Just let me know. --Ganteka Future 22:11, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
- Alright, feedback time. I think it's coming together. I wish more stuff popped out in the box itself. That pale collapsable box looks good. Could you put a box like that around "authorship information" itself and then another around "article balance" and the scales? If you do, I think that'll spruce it up... maybe. That's all I've got on that for now I guess. Anyone else reading this, feel free to comment, since this affects all homebrew articles. --Ganteka Future 04:44, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
- Pale boxes added. I could collapse the authorship information I guess, but I think it would look odd. And collapsing the balance doesn't seem to save a lot of space or make a lot of sense to me.
- Yeah, that might be good. I'm not sure how I feel about it at the moment. Perhaps I should sleep on it. --Ganteka Future 05:47, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
So, Gan... those images that got mentioned a couple of days ago... can you go ahead and make them? Pretty please? A variation on the existing small shield + ribbon would probably work best, for image consistency reasons. If you've got time. - Tarkisflux Talk 23:34, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'll get on that as soon as I can (within a day or so). -Ganteka Future (talk) 00:04, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
Following the recent wiki vote on ratings granularity and display, all old ratings can be updated to make use of "love / like / neutral / dislike / hate" instead of the old values. If you would like to update your ratings, you can find a list of them at Category:Legacy Rating Ganteka Future. When you update a rating, be sure to delete the "|OldRating=True" part. - Tarkisflux Talk 18:13, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
Hey Guntank! As per policy, I gotta tell ya:
Your rating of Shade_(3.5e_Race) has been blocked and is no longer being counted among the article ratings. Please see the rating on the talk page to determine the block reason. Once you have addressed the cause of the block, generally by updating the rating in some fashion, please delete the "|block=<-reason->" line so that your rating will be counted again. You may also remove the block parameter if you feel it was not applied in accordance with our guidelines. Assistance editing your rating may be found here. Feel free to delete this notice at any time.
- Mostly a side-effect of my big Get Average Values For Basic Monster Stats By CR project (up to CR 8 for just the SRD! It takes a long time). But yeah, oh boy, gonna have a request for a bot eventually to fix some re-occuring errors/outdated formatting for some SRD monsters eventually. The things are really minor, like this extra comma thing and capitalized headers, which I'm not sure is bot-able, but whatever. Wiki Pride! --Ganteka Future (talk) 05:26, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
While opposing is fine, you are an admin and are empowered to delete poorly formatted articles if a reasonable period has passed without improvement. I would have just purged it (we can restore if asked after all, and that sort of engagement might also come with article improvement), but didn't want to remove your rating in the process. - Tarkisflux Talk 01:50, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- If you want to just delete it, that's fine by me. For some reason I was thinking the user that added it was still around and it was edited recently (the first of the month at least, so a bit ago now). Forced sandboxing it is an option as well. --Ganteka Future (talk) 01:56, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Since you've fought with tables before, I thought I'd point you toward my newly discovered table solution. It has all the benefits of Table Row plus nicely formatted "... more results" pages, with little additional complexity (unless you need to actually use those ... more results pages, and then it has a really ugly html link copied in). I'm keeping a sample with short description here for reference.
- I saw that and was much happy! If I find anything weird relating to this that I can't fix, I'll let you know. --Ganteka Future (talk) 20:52, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
This is a message.
It is an awesome new message!
- Soldier of Winter Cleaning. I bet you've got some assets that need cleansing, for a better future for everyone. A... Ganteka Future (talk) 20:52, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
I mentioned this in an edit comment, and this is just in case you missed it there.
We shouldn't be using #set if we can avoid it. When you transclude a page with #set stuff in it, the transcluded properties get set on the new page even if you want to disable them. It's not a very common problem, because more people don't transclude classes into other pages, but it's really annoying when it happens so I want to just avoid it.
But the bracket notation is ugly too, and simplifying it is an admirable goal. So I templatized it, because offloading ugliness behind the scenes seemed appropriate. I've also updated the usage on the preloads the you adjusted... there may be other class prelods that need updating as well though. - Tarkisflux Talk 03:36, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, hey, you're doing that already. Carry on Gan, carry on. - Tarkisflux Talk 03:39, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, I didn't know about the transclusion problem, and saw the template (it's awesome), and also left a short comment there. Just checking the preloads now for a little minor fix with the multiple class abilities parameter to match up to the new format. Game session got cancelled tonight so I figured I'd do something constructive. --Ganteka Future (talk) 03:41, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the watch
I think that whoever edited the retooled Warmage was thinking of the Complete Arcane version of the Warmage, judging by the changes. I was about to undo the changes when I noticed you did the job already, so thanks for watching. T.G. Oskar (talk) 03:40, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
I would like a page to add my character to this wiki.
If I get this I will edit myself and not edit anyone else's pages.
Please consider and get back to me. -Colwell513
- What exactly are you requesting here? A published article page in the main navigation or just to post a character you use for a game in a user sub-page/sandbox page? For published articles in the main navigation, characters can go under the NPCs section (if they're built like characters) or under monsters if they're built as unique creatures. For user sub-pages, users can basically post whatever they're working on there in any level of completeness or balance for their own use pretty much as a work space. In any case, there's instructions when using the preloads, and if you really need a start, check the [Dungeons and Dragons Wiki:Getting Started|Getting Started]] section (found off in the side bar under the Community section). There's some useful stuff there. If you have any other questions just ask. --Ganteka Future (talk) 23:14, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
Hey Just wanted to stop by and say I think I would like some help with vocwel. I am not very good with balancing out the stats and when I jumped in to rewrite vocwel I was still like "FUUUUUUUU" when it came to that. So if its not that hard to ask I would like some help...just read threw it and tell me what you think it should have because I am confused when it comes to that stuff. Rosemoon (talk) 12:32, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, sure thing. It'll probably be later today some time. --Ganteka Future (talk) 17:03, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
Hello. A while ago, I wrote up a special condition called Aura Seal, based on the status debuff of the same name from Xenoblade Chronicles. In Xenoblade Chronicles, Aura Seal does exactly what its name says it does; it prevents auras (read: status buffs and counterattacks) from working. The Dungeons & Dragons version is intended to be similar, but a bit more... Uh, I can't think of the right word to use, but the point is, Dungeons & Dragons Aura Seal is meant to only block effects that are temporary in nature; it does not block effects that are part of a creature or its gear. So, if you have +4 magic armor, Aura Seal doesn't stop that from working, but if you get a +4 armor bonus from a spell, that gets shut down.
As you can probably tell from my inability to get to the point, I'm still a little confused on how Aura Seal should work. So, my request is for you and some other experienced D&D players (like, say, Eiji-kun, Tarkisflux, Ghostwheel, Sulacu, Surgo, etc.) to read the Aura Seal project, then bring as many corner cases and questionable effects to my attention as possible to help me sort out what Aura Seal does and doesn't block. Thanks in advance for the help. --Luigifan18 (talk) 20:18, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
I have some questions to ask, mostly about making sourcebook for Scroll of Generations, and you seemed the best person to ask. I have put the actual questions on my own user talk page, in part to avoid cluttering up your page.
About My Sandbox
- For your information, they weren't. Sandbox articles start out the article name with "User:". --Ganteka Future (talk) 20:56, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- It's easy to move them and change any links pointing to the original article names. Right now you've got a bunch of "orphans" floating around the main space. Yes, that's actually what they're called. They're also improperly named for main space naming anyway. What you might end up with is something like "User:XX the memenist Xx/Fire Emblem (3.5e Sourcebook)/Bronze Lance" or whatever your sub-article happens to be called, like "User:Bob123/War Lobster (3.5e Monster)" using the earlier example that got edited over. If you get the naming conventions down now, it'll be easier to move everything once it is all finished and usable.
- As for the Megaman in wikicode... it was super awkward and didn't even turn out like I hoped, what with the spaces between the color blocks. --Ganteka Future (talk) 21:22, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- I've got everything in vector (everything was originally built in Illustrator) so I can just render a new one out in higher resolution if needed. Is it needed (and also how big)? --Ganteka Future (talk) 13:31, 12 December 2016 (MST)
whenever I check the watchlist I see that I am the most active user on the entire wiki and most people have not done anything in a month. where is everyone XX the memenist Xx (talk) 09:56, 6 June 2017 (MDT)
- People are busy, have moved on, or are too lazy to post new things. But don't worry, many of us are still here, watching and ensuring that content is of a suitable quality ;-) --Ghostwheel (talk) 13:10, 7 June 2017 (MDT)
- Work occupies most of my time in the summer. Not that I write articles all that frequently anyway. When I do, I write things in text documents and upload them as complete articles rather than using the wiki as a revising area (at least only for peer review when the time comes to share and bounce ideas around), so my edit count is often low. Additionally, most of the time I could spend writing articles I spend actually playing D&D, so there's that too. I also check the recent changes like dozens of times a day out of habit. Yesterday I was just a bit too tired to respond and decided to draw a new character instead. --Ganteka Future (talk) 18:18, 7 June 2017 (MDT)
Newer Version of a Image
I made a mistake on a image I created and did not notice until it was uploaded. I then uploaded a new version of the image and the mistake remained. I gave it some time and then checked on it later to see that the mistake was still there. I uploaded a new version again, the mistake was still there. I know for a fact that the images I uploaded are the corrected version. After uploading the corrected version a second time and still not seeing the image change I looked at the version history. In the version history the correction appeared AFTER uploading a new image, as a revert choice. I decided to revert to the first corrected image and to my surprise the image reverted AND still had the mistake. So now in the version history it shows that I reverted to a older image, a correct image, but the image being shown is still the incorrect image. I am very confused can you help me.  Bramithra (talk) 07:32, 8 June 2017 (MDT)
- Mediawiki caches images. Try F5 or ctrl-F5 or whatever the button is for reloading without caching. --220.127.116.11 13:19, 8 June 2017 (MDT)
So I know that an ivory elf/Drow hybrid produces a Galena. My character is a (half) Dusk Elf, which from what I've read seems to be on a similar level to Drow. I could see my character ending up with an ivory elf friend of his, so I wanted to see if you thought it would make sense that a Dusk/Ivory hybrid could also produce a Galena. Or if you are familiar with Dusk Elves if you think they would react in some other way?
I'm a big fan of your articles, Baleform Burst is my characters signature move.
- While I'm not familiar with dusk elves, it sounds like a reasonable solution if they're darkness-themed at all. Go for it (if they end up together that is). --Ganteka Future (talk) 22:29, 28 May 2018 (MDT)
- Fixed both--Franken Kesey 08:27, 1 April 2019 (MDT)
I just started doing some major edits on some of my older works. I am shocked by how bad some of the grammar and spelling was in them. I noticed you were one of the main people correcting the grammar. I must formally apologize to you for how bad it was.--Franken Kesey 11:25, 24 March 2019 (MDT)
Since your name is linked to the Skandar (3.5e Race), I am letting you know that a few changes have been made to it (mostly weakened and cleanup language).--Franken Kesey 08:27, 1 April 2019 (MDT)
- Alrighty alrighty. Do what you gotta. Duwachugoda. I'll take a look when I get a chance. --Ganteka Future (talk) 11:13, 1 April 2019 (MDT)
Fixed image. Please rate the race.--Franken Kesey 12:42, 1 June 2019 (MDT)