BeePeople are bee people. They're people with wings, big abdomens sticking out the back with stingers, little antennae, you know, the important bee bits. If you're going to use them, you'll probably want to rename them and give them some setting appropriate flavor. Everyone has a different idea of how to do this, so do what you like. Read about bees or check the Abeil from the Monster Manual II for ideas.
*This race is balanced toward Pathfinder races. Just drop one of their +2 ability bonuses to balance back down again. If there are other questions or problems, post them on the talk page.
BeePeople Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, –2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Base Land Speed 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision.
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- Bee Stuff: BeePeople can consume extra meals (up to 3) per day, and with 1 hour of work each, produce 1 meal's worth in honey (as a ration) or 1 pound of wax.
- Flight (Ex): At first they can use their wings to slow their fall, descending at a rate of 60 feet while conscious and able (as feather fall). When they reach 6 HD, they gain a fly speed (clumsy) equal to their land speed, and they are able to hover in place.
- Helping Hand (Ex): They give an additional +2 bonus on Aid Another checks. They can use the Aid Another action as a move action.
- Worker (Ex): They benefit from an improved carrying capacity of a creature one size larger than themselves, and can fly and move at normal speed in medium or heavy armor or encumbrance.
- Stinger: They possess a feral strike stinger, which deals 1d4 piercing (20×3) as a light weapon, with poison dosage uses after a strike is declared a hit. They gain poison dosages per day equal to their Constitution bonus (minimum of 1). This poison deals 1d3 temporary Dexterity damage (which disipates on its own at a rate of 1 point per hour). If a creature suffers damage from this poison, its speeds are reduced by 10 feet (to a minimum of 10 feet).
- Skills: +8 racial bonus on Jump checks, a +2 racial bonus on Perform (Dance) checks, and a +2 racial bonus on Craft checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and BeePeople
- Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Bard
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Table: BeePeople Random Starting Ages
| 15 years
Table: BeePeople Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 35 years
|| 53 years
|| 70 years
|| +2d20 years
Table: BeePeople Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4' 8"
|| 100 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
|| 4' 8"
|| 120 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races