FairyWing (3.5e Race)
author_name= That1Dog date_created= April 2018 status= In Progress
FairyWings are tiny little tricksters that love to have fun, who love to hide and watch their pranks unfold. They are cute and clever, but lack the toughness required to enter the heat of battle.
FairyWings are tiny little tricksters that love to have fun, who love to hide and watch their pranks unfold. None of these tricks are cruel or evil, and FairyWings see the stunts they pull as bonding opportunities. FairyWing form strong bonds with their friends, and hate leaving those they know and love.
FairyWings are quite small, ranging in height from 7-9 inches tall. They are light even for their size weighing in at approximately 2 ounces, FairyWings can be found in most colors, the most common colors are muted browns and greens, with their eyes matching the color of their skin.
FairyWings are usually looked down upon by any flying Fey, as FairyWings remain unable to truly fly for their whole lives, able only to fly for a few seconds at a time.
FairyWings trend towards being Chaotic Neutral, or Chaotic Good.
FairyWing are most often found in forests, but will live in most any environment so long as it is not too cold.
FairyWings frivolity generally leads to them worshiping with little fervor. They are occasionally seen worshiping powerful beings of nature.
FairyWings speak Common and Sylvan
FairyWing are given names at birth that are related to things that are around them when they are born, Oak Sprout, Red Maple. Most FairyWing will select a name when they come of age and are first able to fly, at 16 years old.
- -4 Constitution, -4 Strength, +4 Intelligence, +4 Charisma
- Fey: Similar to Pixies and Sprites, FairyWings are Fey.
- Diminutive: As a Diminutive creature, a fairywing gains a +4 size bonus to Armor Class, a +4 size bonus on attack rolls, a –12 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +12 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are one-quarter of those of a Medium character. Furthermore, as a diminutive creature, a fairywing has a default space of 1 foot and 0 feet of reach.
- FairyWing base land speed is 5' feet.
- Difficult Flight: a FairyWing is able to fly 15' (good) for 1 round at a time, and must land for 1d6 rounds before it may fly again.
- Feather Weight Falling: when in free fall a FairyWing falls slowly taking a maximum of 1d6 fall damage, even when unconscious.
- Feather Weight Perch: A conscious FairyWing who is perching on or being carried by another creature does not count against the creature’s encumbrance limits. Similarly, a conscious FairyWing who is perched on an object or surface is ignored when determining the amount of weight on that object or surface.
- Fairy's Light: A FairyWing is able to glows softly, like a candle, causing a FairyWing to receive no concealment from non-magical darkness.
- Cold Iron Vulnerability: A FairyWing is unable to Fly, or use either of the Feather Weight abilities for 1 round after coming into contact with Cold Iron
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan
- Bonus Languages:
- Favored Class: Rouge or Wizard
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||95 years||120 years||+4d8 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||0' 6"||+1d3||2/16 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||0' 6"||+1d3||2/16 lb.||× (1) lb.|