|Facts about heavy armors:
- A character who sleeps in heavy armor is automatically fatigued the next day. He or she takes a –2 penalty on Strength and Dexterity and can’t charge or run.
- Heavy armor reduces your movement rate by 1/3, rounded down to the nearest 5 foot increment. So creatures with a move of 30 lose 10, and only move 20 while wearing medium armor. Creatures with a move of 20 lose 5 (6.7 rounded down), and only move 15 while wearing medium armor. Dwarves do not suffer this movement penalty due to a racial bonus.
- Additionally, creatures only run at x3 instead of x4 while wearing heavy armor.
- Heavy armor requires 4 minutes to don hastily. You must have assistance to don it normally, which also requires 4 minutes.
- Heavy armor can be removed in 1d4+1 minutes, or half of that time with assistance.
|The material in this box is either SRD content from other sections or inferences drawn from SRD material in other sections. It should not be considered part of the core SRD, and is added only for clarity.
Back to Main Page → System Reference Document