From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
The following variant rules will be used for one-shots:
- Characters begin with a Box of Alchemical Exchange in their inventory. It has been stamped with the symbol of the Clergy of Queastus.
- If a character is killed, they can pay the normal resurrection fee to be revived during the one-shot after 1 minute has passed.
- Healing Surges (DMG 266). Immediately after using a healing surge, characters can Dodge as a bonus action. You regain half of your maximum hit dice at the end of a short rest (instead of a quarter).
- You can only assist on a skill check if you also have proficiency in that skill
- Creatures within reach of an enemy (up to a maximum of 20 feet away) have disadvantage on ranged attacks.
- Melee attacks are always considered adjacent for getting advantage vs. prone targets.
- Moving away from a creature is considered leaving its reach.
- Identifying Creatures
- Recurring Saves
- Surprise Rounds
- Creatures no longer have legendary resistances. Instead, a creature with legendary actions can attempt to remove a single effect on themselves by spending their action or legendary action to make the save again, even while incapacitated.
- Drinking a potion or applying an oil or poison is a bonus action or action.
- Rolling a natural 1 on a death save doesn't apply two failed saves. It's a very silly rule.
- Nets cause the hindered condition instead of restrained.
- Tier 1 Quests: Characters of 1st and 2nd level count as 3rd level for the purpose of hit points and hit dice and all characters regain a 1st-level spell slot at the end of each combat encounter.
- Tier 4/5 Quests: You can bring no more than four Tier 1 magic items, three Tier 2 magic items, three Tier 3 magic items, and one Tier 4 magic item into the one-shot with you. If you are level 20+, you can instead bring one Tier 5 magic item instead of one Tier 4 magic item. You can "downgrade" an item to its counterpart in a lower tier. For example, you could downgrade a Weapon +3 to a Weapon +2 and bring a different Tier 5 item with you.
Note: the Vestiges/Arms (EGW artifacts) count as the tier of their most recent upgrade (as opposed to the tier they were purchased in).
Consumables: you can only bring one Tier 5 Major consumable with you.
Ghostwheel's Homebrew (400 Articles)
| 5e Classes
|| Crusader, Exorcist, Iron Solari, Soulknife, Spatiomancer, Spirit Binder, Swordsage, Toxic Adept, Warblade, Warrior
| 5e Subclasses
|| Chi Blocker, Dragoon Style, Edgemaster, Sacrifice Domain, Soulknife, Way of the Dragon
| 5e Feats
|| Artifact Savant, Asura, Brutal Murder, Close Bond, Dimensional Grasp, Elemental Adept, Revised, Expanded Knowledge, Feinting, Greater Magic Initiate, Mage Hunter, Norn, Relentless Pursuer, Sylvari
| 5e Races
|| Asura, Charr, Human, Krytan, Norn, Ratkin, Sylvari
| 5e Variant Rules
|| Alpha Strike Firearms, Alternative Melee Cantrips, Extended Projects, Feinting, Flanking, Legendary Resistances, Lingering Injuries, More Useful Strength, Professions, Scaling Feats, Shifting Luck, Stress and Insanity, Variant Recurring Saves, Variant Surprise Rounds
| 5e Conditions
|| Dazed, Degeneration, Disoriented, Dizzy, Empowered, Enfeebled, Hindered, Lame, Marked, Sluggish
| 3.5 Classes
|| Berserker, Cosplayer, Daywalker Paragon, Iaijutsu Master, Magus Portalus, Marshal, Rage Mage, Reaper, Sharpshooter, Spellthief, Pathfinder Variant, Thaumaturge, Toxinblade, Trapsmith, Xenophile
| 3.5 Feats
|| Access Divine Power, Access Divine Spells, Accomplished, Accurate Opportunist, Acolyte of the Skin, Adaptable Technique, Adjusted Accuracy, Aegis of Health, Tome, Arcane Champion, Assassinate, Augmented Thaumaturge, Barreling Charge, Bladeblast, Blood of Stone, Bolster Technique, Careful Movement, Charismatic Prodigy, Cleave, Grimoire, Close Miss, Combat Reflexes, Greater, Combat Reflexes, Grimoire, Combat Reflexes, Improved, Compensate for Size, Copy Technique, Cross-Style Training, Dabbler, Danger Intuition, Dash, Death From Afar, Defensive Roll, Defensive Strike, Deft Opportunist, Diehard, Grimoire, Distracting Barrage, Divine Stalker, Dragoon Charge, Endurance, Grimoire, Euphoric Blade, Expose Weakness, Extended Psychic Strike, Focused Energy, Fortune's Friend, Furious Blow, Gatecrasher, Gatling Spell, Goad, Greater Spellthief, Greater Spring Attack, Gripping Vise, Heavy Build, Heedful Charge, Hidden Manifestation, Hostile Mind, Improved Charge, Improved Mage Knight, Improved On Your Knees, Improved Wild Talent, Incredible Focus, Intervene, Intimidating Brute, Iron Tide, Know-It-All, Last to Fall, Living Weapon, Mage Knight, Magekiller, Tome, Mana Engine, Master Blaster, Master Creature Killer, Master of Concoctions, Metamana Fuel, Mystic Arts Synthesis, Mystic Theurge, On Your Knees, Overwhelming Blow, Penetrating Strike, Phantom Health, Pounce, Power Attack, Grimoire, Power Charge, Precise Marksman, Primal Enchanter, Psyblade, Purple Dragon Knight, Quick Reconnoiter, Ranged Feint, Ranged Flanking, Ranged Threat, Renewed Zealousness, Shadow Pounce, Sharpshooter, Shielded in Life, Short Haft, Skill Trick Mastery, Spell Cascade, Spell Parry, Spell Reflection, Spellcutting Strike, Spellthief, Spiritual Weapon... further results
| 3.5 Traits
|| Ambidextrous, Avenger, Exceptional Luck, Hulking Brute, Mixed Blood, Opportunist, Preacher, Psychic Potential, Radical Upbringing, Raised by Wolves, Sight Without Sight, Skilled, Trapspringer, Unnatural Aura, Unorthodox Tutelage, Versatile, Void Born
| Guide to Roles in the Party (3.5), Talk