Rewrite classes. 3 types: heavy (heavy armor), medium (light armor), light (casters/no armor)
3 stats: Body, agility, savvy.
- Choose a primary stat at 1st level, that stat gains +1 at every odd level after that except for 1st and 19th.
- Choose a secondary stat at 1st level, that stat gains +1 at level 5 and every 4 levels afterwards.
- 16 should be the norm for a high stat. Make 17 and 18 really hard to get.
- Ability scores do double duty: Body - HP+Fort, Agility - AC + Ref, Savvy - Will+Social combat maneuvers (as per simplified social stuff)
Non-AC attacking Attacks are 7 + mod + 1/2 level. Proficiency bonus for all weapons is reduced by 1
- Want to add a "Weapon Focus" system for weapons - unlocks new options specifically to a specific weapon.
Classes gain armor profs if they have the ability scores to use them. Have a feat that gives you effective +4 to stat for the purpose of armor.
Classes are split into paths, 4 levels long. Game is 20 levels long, 5 paths total. Characters are split into tiers, A, B, C, D, E for now. Feats/PrCs can be based on what tier you are.
- Classes are self-contained subsystems. Need to follow a path all the way to get it higher. Can take a tier of a class 2 tiers lower (minimum A) at higher levels
- Example char: Rogue A, Rogue B, Rogue C, Fighter B, Soulknife C
- Classes are probably 5 paths long. After 5 paths, you go into a "PrC" or multiclass. So Rogue C would become Shadow Assassin A.
- PrCs can have skill requirements; for example, "Shadow Assassin" might require 3 paths in classes that have Thievery as a trainable skill.
Idea - people can have any number of powers known via multiclassing, classes, and the like, but can only "ready" 3+ or 4+tier powers, which they use their specific class ability to regain, and can't regain more than one per round from different classes?
2 types of armor, light and heavy. Light allows adding agility to the score, heavy doesn't.
- 2 types of heavy and light armor, require a feat to take. "Normal" and "best". Best gives +1 to all defenses. No stupid MLARGH armors. They're stupid.
- Regular light armor gives 5 armor. Regular heavy armor gives 7 armor.
- Heavy armor gives +1 AC at level 5 and another +1 every 4 levels afterwards (9, 13, 17)
Cut monster HP in half
Multiply weapon damage at certain levels. Balance two-handers with power attack vs. twfers who have bonuses from other sources (medium classes). Sword-and-boarders get bonus to all defenses.
+1 magic enhancement to Defenses (including AC) and attacks at level 3, and another +1 every 4 levels (7, 11, 15, 19)
Each class gets a bonus when they use their second wind? (Scales based on number of class levels) Perhaps make this into a feat, then advance by trees. Create role-specific trees? Advance by tiers, following your classes, switching between? Need to think about it.
Rather than 1 HP, minions have 6 + 2*level HP
Defenses (not AC) are 13 + 1/2 level + ability score mod + magic + class bonus. +1 at levels 8 and 16.
Attacks can use body OR agility
- Priest (Controller)
- Mageblade (Defender)
- Elementalist (Striker)
- Warblade (Striker)
- Swordsage (Controller)
- Crusader (Defender)
- Fighter (Defender)
- Paladin (Defender)
- Marshal (Controller) - gains points based on how many allies are within X squares?
- Wizard (Controller)
- Toxinblade (Defender)
- Rogue (Striker)
- Soulknife (Striker)
- Monk (Striker)
- Sharpshooter (Controller)
- Berserker (Striker)
- Ranger (Striker)
- Mobile Striker?
HP is equal to 18 + body score + level * x.
- X is 2 for light classes, 3 for medium classes, 4 for heavy classes.
Gain a bonus equal to 1/2 level DCs (magical attacks) and defenses.
Heavy classes gain +2 BAB to attacks. Medium classes get +1 BAB, +1 provisional bonus (stacks). Light classes get +1 provision bonus to attacks.
Feat ideas (gain feats as per 4e)
- Shift as a minor action (tier A)
- Move 1/2 speed as a minor action (tier C)
- Gain best armor prof (requires ability scores) (Tier A)
- Count as being one path higher on a class, up to your tier? (Tier C?)
- Power Attack that doesn't suck (Tier A)
- +2 to attacks made with a secondary ability score (Tier C)
- TWF - can make a basic attack with a light weapon in your offhand as a move action?
- Shifting Defense - immediate reaction to being attacked to gain a feat bonus to defense equal to # of enemies adjacent
- Doubting Defense - whenever someone misses you, gain +1 (stacking) feat bonus to that defense, reseting at the beginning of your turn
- Not-Allowable feats
- Armor Proficiencies (changed)
- Distracting Shield?
- Expanded Spellbook?
- Ferocious Strike?
- Group Insight?
- Improved Dark One's Blessing
- Improved Fate of the Void
- Improved Misty Step
- Inspired Recovery
- Lethal Hunter?
- Nimble Blade
- Potent Challenge
- Shield Push?
- Two-Weapon Defense
- Two-Weapon Fighting (Changed - uses light blades, basic attack as a move action)