Baatezu (3.5e Subtype)
From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
This subtype is used in Liber Demonica and will feature more prominently in the upcoming Liber Diabolica.
Baatezu have the following traits, unless listed otherwise in their statistics block:
- Immunity to cold and poison
- Resistance to acid 10 and fire 10
- Telepathy out to 100ft.
- Aura of Cold Logic (Su): A baatezu radiates an aura of pure, piercing cold that makes non-devils within Close range (determined by their HD) recognize the futility of their fight. In addition to automatically dealing 1 point of cold damage per CR of the baatezu at the beginning of each of the baatezu's turns (without a save), the aura breaks the opponents will, forcing non-devils to make a Will save upon first coming into range (DC 10 + ½ the devil’s CR + its Charisma modifier) or fall under the effect of a calm emotions spell (with a duration of 1 round per HD of the baatezu). More powerful devils have superior versions of this same ability. If the auras of multiple baatezu overlap, only the strongest has any effect, and if there are multiple baatezu with auras of the same power only one save is required to ignore the effect of both. A successful save renders the subeject immune to the baatezu's aura of cold logic for 1 hour.
- Magitech Training: Baatezu are automatically proficient with any weapon with the word ‘hellfire’ in its name.
- See In Darkness (Ex): Devils can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that of the magical variety. Many devils of higher rank have advanced versions of this ability, the most common being true seeing.