Bastard Sword, Locke Variant (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Bastard Sword, Locke Variant
Exotic Two-Handed Melee
|Type3:||Piercing or Slashing|
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
This sword is a bastard child born of a greatsword and an arming sword, the extended hilt granting it excellent momentum in the hand, but the lightness of the fullered blade and shorter length in general lending it to be used as either a single-handed sword, or a capable two-handed sword. When wielded without Exotic proficiency, the Bastard Sword is treated as a Greatsword.
When wielded with Exotic proficiency, the Bastard Sword provides the following benefits.
- The sword may be held in one hand, the damage dice decreasing to 2d4 when held in such a manner.
- When held in both hands, the Bastard Sword may be used for Bludgeoning damage, as well as Slashing and Piercing, on account of half-swording and mordhau techniques.
|Cost||60 gp +|
|Damage Type||Piercing + and Slashing +|
|Hit Points||5 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Equipment +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Title||Bastard Sword, Locke Variant +|