The Water Lord,
In the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, Istishia (Template:IPAc-en [[Wikipedia:Pronunciation respelling key|iss-TEMPLATE:SMALLCAPS-ee-ə]]), also known as "The Water Lord" and "King of Water Elementals," is the Neutral god of Elemental Water and purification.
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition (1977-1988)
Ed Greenwood initially used Straasha, one of Moorcock's Elemental gods as found in the original Deities & Demigods, as the elemental lord of water for his home Dungeons & Dragons campaign set in the Forgotten Realms. As Greenwood indicated in his article "Down-to-earth Divinity" in Dragon #54 (October 1981), Moorcock's elemental gods "may later be replaced in [his] universe by "official" AD&D beings as these are published". Istishia first appeared in the original Manual of the Planes (1987), and was featured as one of the elemental lords for the Forgotten Realms in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Set's "Cyclopedia of the Realms" booklet (1987).
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition (1989-1999)
Istishia was described in the hardback Forgotten Realms Adventures (1990), the revised Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (1993) in the "Running the Realms" booklet, and Faiths & Avatars (1996).
Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition (2000-2007)
Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition (2008-Present)
Istishia appears in the fourth edition as a primordial.
Istishia's symbol is a cresting wave and his favourite weapon is a wave (a warhammer for his clerics). His domains are Destruction, Ocean, Storm, Travel and Water. He is worshipped by bards, elemental archons of water, sailors and travelers. His clerics can be of Chaotic Neutral, True Neutral, Neutral Evil, Neutral Good, and Lawful Neutral alignments.
- Ed Greenwood, Jeff Grubb and Karen S. Martin (1987). Forgotten Realms Campaign Set. (TSR, Inc.)
- Greenwood, Ed. "Down to Earth Divinity." Dragon #54 (TSR, 1981)
- Jeff Grubb (July 1987). Manual of the Planes. TSR. ISBN 0880383992.
- Grubb, Jeff and Ed Greenwood. Forgotten Realms Adventures (TSR, 1990)
- Ed Greenwood, Jeff Grubb (1996). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. TSR. ISBN 1-56076-617-4.
- Martin, Julia, and Eric L. Boyd. Faiths & Avatars (TSR, 1996)
- Colin McComb (1996). On Hallowed Ground. TSR. ISBN 0-7869-0430-5.
- Monte Cook, William W. Connors (1998). The Inner Planes. TSR. ISBN 0-7869-0636-3.
- Eric L. Boyd (1998). Demihuman Deities. TSR. ISBN 0-7869-1239-1.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims. Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (Wizards of the Coast, 2008)
- There is an article about Istishia at Forgotten Realms Wiki.
- There is an article about Istishia at the Planescape Encyclopedia.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Back to Main Page → DnD Encyclopedia → Deities
Back to Main Page → DnD Encyclopedia → Campaign Settings → Al-Qadim
Back to Main Page → DnD Encyclopedia → Campaign Settings → Forgotten Realms
Back to Main Page → DnD Encyclopedia → Campaign Settings → Planescape