SRD:Elves, Dark—Drow (Race)
|This material is published under the OGL|
Also see the elf creature listing.
Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot.
White is the most common hair color among drow, but almost any pale shade is possible. Drow tend to be smaller and thinner than other sorts of elves, and their eyes are often a vivid red.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.
- Humanoid (Elf)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a drow has no special bonuses or penalties due to her size.
- Drow base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Darkvision: A drow can see in the dark up to 120 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a drow can function just fine with no light at all.
- Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
- Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow’s class levels.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon.
- Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin.
- Favored Class: Wizard (male) or Cleric (female).
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Effective Character Level: 3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Effective Character Level||3 +|
|Favored Class||Wizard + and Cleric +|
|Level Adjustment||2 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Dexterity +, –2 Constitution +, +2 Intelligence + and +2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot. +|
|Title||Elves, Dark—Drow +|