| This material is published under the OGL
These orc–human crossbreeds can be found in either orc or human society (where their status varies according to local sentiments), or in communities of their own. Half-orcs usually inherit a good blend of the physical characteristics of their parents. They are as tall as humans and a little heavier, thanks to their muscle. They have greenish pigmentation, sloping foreheads, jutting jaws, prominent teeth, and coarse body hair. Half-orcs who have lived among or near orcs have scars, in keeping with orcish tradition.
- +2 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma: A half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (Orc)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a half-orc has no special bonuses or penalties due to his size.
- Half-orc base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A half-orc can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a half-orc can function just fine with no light at all.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Orc.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Table: Half-Orc Random Starting Ages
| 14 years
Table: Half-Orc Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 30 years
|| 45 years
|| 60 years
|| +2d10 years
Table: Half-Orc Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4’ 10”
|| 150 lb.
|| × (2d6) lb.
|| 4’ 5”
|| 110 lb.
|| × (2d6) lb.
Back to Main Page → System Reference Document → Races