| This material is published under the OGL
Also see the maenad creature listing.
Maenads typically stand more than 6 feet tall and weigh about 200 pounds; males are the same height as and only marginally heavier than maenad females. Maenads have no facial or body hair, and they prefer heavier clothing and armor if possible.
- Humanoid (Maenad, Psionic)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a maenads has no special bonuses or penalties due to her size.
- Maenad base land speed is 30 feet.
- Naturally Psionic: Maenads gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Ability: 1/day—energy ray. A maenad can deal only sonic damage with this ability. It is accompanied by a tremendous scream of rage. Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Outburst (Ex): Once per day, for up to 4 rounds, a maenad can subjugate her mentality to gain a boost of raw physical power. When she does so, she takes a –2 penalty to Intelligence and Wisdom but gains a +2 bonus to Strength.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Maenad.
- Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin. Maenads commonly know the languages of their enemies and of their friends, as well as Draconic, the language commonly found in ancient tomes of secret knowledge.
- Favored Class: Wilder.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Table: Maenad Random Starting Ages
| 40 years
Table: Maenad Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 90 years
|| 150 years
|| 220 years
|| +2d% years
Table: Maenad Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 5’ 4”
|| 150 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
|| 5’ 3”
|| 120 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → System Reference Document → Races