Assault Bow (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Exotic Two-Handed Projectile
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
An advanced recurve bow made of steel and high quality wood, the assault bow was designed for an extremely aggressive fighting style. The strange shape of its grip and limbs allow the user to fire quicker than other bows, allowing them to easily fire multiple arrows at once. Unlike a Composite Bow, this high quality bow always adjusts to the user's strength. You may use an assault bow in melee as if it were a short staff.
Those proficient with the assault bow can make use of the following Weapon Arts:
- Close Quarter-Fire: As a swift action, you can enter a defensive stance, firing your bow sideways and using its heavy steel parts for protection. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when firing an Assault Bow in this 'stance', and the effect of this weapon art last 1 round. If you already have an ability that allow you to not provoke when firing on melee; using this ability grants yourself additional protection, gaining a +2 shield bonus to AC against melee attacks instead of its normal benefits.
- Storm of Shots: When using the Rapid Shot feat with an assault bow, you may fire one additional shot, which increases the penalty from Rapid Shot by 2 (for a total penalty of -4 to each attack).